Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Season Ticket Prices for 2016/17

Comments

• CAFCTrev said:

I used to use the Zebra Finance one with no problems,then they changed to V2 finance and I got turned down.

Katrien must be in charge of V12's emails....
    What have i done to upset that squirrel faced liar!
    Supporting Charlton. I reckon squirrel face is actually a palice fan.
  • Whilst I intended to renew late as per card at circa £275/£300 per annum I could now try and renew next week at £175. To me that's a saving of £100 and would apply to my son too reducing our combined spend from £550 to £350. We currently don't buy any product in the ground.

Is that putting more or less money in Roland's pocket?

The answer is that it's putting money in Roland's pocket.

If 27,000 people renewed at £175, then everything thus far would have been for nothing.
  • Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining...
  • I think the arguement of whether to renew or not comes down to principle v people's enjoyment/hobby.

I'm not renewing because of the former but fully understand people who do not want to give up going for whatever reasons(unless they are in the camp of thinking Duchatelet is doing a good job, and there still are a few out there).
  • colin1961 said:

Great pricing by the club was renewing anyway whatever price but well done the club

Is the seat next to available do you know? I want first hand scoops, getting a bit pissed off with you announcing them on here a few years late.
    Types of scoop - part one:

Self service

• Part two:
    The Rolls Royce of scoops

• RanTooFar said:

Whilst I intended to renew late as per card at circa £275/£300 per annum I could now try and renew next week at £175. To me that's a saving of £100 and would apply to my son too reducing our combined spend from £550 to £350. We currently don't buy any product in the ground.

If 27,000 people renewed at £175, then everything thus far would have been for nothing.
    Of course it's not. Did you read what he said ? He was going to renew at £275, so he now may renew at £175.

It's quite plain that he will be giving the regime less, if he was going to renew anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• RanTooFar said:

Whilst I intended to renew late as per card at circa £275/£300 per annum I could now try and renew next week at £175. To me that's a saving of £100 and would apply to my son too reducing our combined spend from £550 to £350. We currently don't buy any product in the ground.

Of course it's not. Did you read what he said ? He was going to renew at £275, so he now may renew at £175.

It's quite plain that he will be giving the regime less, if he was going to renew anyway.
    Good point. If everyone who was going to renew anyway does so in the covered end lower, it will be claimed as a great result by km for the offer but in reality it will be loosing the club even more money.
    My personal view would be that it is ideal if nobody renews but that is unrealistic so perhaps everyone could be persuaded to buy in the covered end lower?
  • RanTooFar said:

Why not delay and renew at the last minute for £200?

I think lots of people won't renew full stop. Others will wait and see and renew last thing (although trying to give a Euro billionaire a cash flow problem might prove difficult) Tickets wont be sent out until late anyway
  • edited March 2016
    This ^ As said before an increase of £25 is less than 50p a week, 7p a day or the cost of a daily newspaper. Small price to pay to make your point.
  • RanTooFar said:

If 27000 people all try and sit in the Lower North, it'll get a bit crowded in there!
  • If the NL sells out to STs how do they set away ticket prices ? They have to be the same as NL match sales don't they ?

• PL54 said:

If the NL sells out to STs how do they set away ticket prices ? They have to be the same as NL match sales don't they ?

Unlikely to sell out ;-) My guess would be that they will always reserve a handful of seats for match day sale only to enable price setting but I doubt if they are thinking that far ahead...
  • colin1961 said:

Great pricing by the club was renewing anyway whatever price but well done the club

And well done you for your ongoing contribution to the comedy scene at Charlton.
  • North Lower won't sell out. I doubt many will move from the East and West as fans don't like to sit behind the goal for a reason. A few may move from the North Upper I suppose but not many.

Matters not a jot to me as I won't be there much anyway.
  • edited March 2016

North Lower won't sell out. I doubt many will move from the East and West as fans don't like to sit behind the goal for a reason. A few may move from the North Upper I suppose but not many.

Matters not a jot to me as I won't be there much anyway.

Most of those in A block East Stand will move and on the opposite side in the West stand which will please you as a matter of principle Large, as they won't be able to bunk into the dearer seats anymore. :open_mouth:
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2016
    The North Lower is absolutely dog s***e if you're over 6ft2, like me (or even 5ft3 I'd take a shout at). I've sat there during some of the FA Cup matches, and the leg space is worse that a f*****g Thompson Airlines Economy seat, with someone whos arrogantly relined their seat back. The main reason why I sit where I do, because you get some decent leg room that makes sitting there comfortable. They can stick their ST prices somewhere unpleasant.
  • The North Lower is absolutely dog s***e if you're over 6ft2, like me (or even 5ft3 I'd take a shout at). I've sat there during some of the FA Cup matches, and the leg space is worse that a f*****g Thompson Airlines Economy seat, with someone whos arrogantly relined their seat back. The main reason why I sit where I do, because you get some decent leg room that makes sitting there comfortable. They can stick their ST prices somewhere unpleasant.

I'm 5ft 8 and have the same issue.

It's very silly.
  • Dazzler21 said:

The North Lower is absolutely dog s***e if you're over 6ft2, like me (or even 5ft3 I'd take a shout at). I've sat there during some of the FA Cup matches, and the leg space is worse that a f*****g Thompson Airlines Economy seat, with someone whos arrogantly relined their seat back. The main reason why I sit where I do, because you get some decent leg room that makes sitting there comfortable. They can stick their ST prices somewhere unpleasant.

I'm 5ft 8 and have the same issue.

It's very silly.
    Totally. I wonder how many "Please remain seated" jobsworth stewards you'd get, to which the response would be "I'd sit down, if I could fit in there."
  • The North Lower is absolutely dog s***e if you're over 6ft2, like me (or even 5ft3 I'd take a shout at). I've sat there during some of the FA Cup matches, and the leg space is worse that a f*****g Thompson Airlines Economy seat, with someone whos arrogantly relined their seat back. The main reason why I sit where I do, because you get some decent leg room that makes sitting there comfortable. They can stick their ST prices somewhere unpleasant.

To be fair, the lower North and Jimmy Seed are the oldest parts of the ground, and built to lower standards than the rest of the ground.

If Safe Standing ever comes in, the Lower North would be the obvious part to convert
  • The lower north just had seats bolted to the old terrace steps didn't it(?), rather than a properly designed seating rake.
  • So there are going to be 5 different pricing "zones" for season tickets in the Lower West?

Seriously, on what fucking planet does that make any sense at all - five different prices for six different blocks all sharing the same facilities?

• Where is the North Lower?