Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Season Ticket Prices for 2016/17

Comments

• ^^^ sums it up perfectly for me.
  • If this season's fiasco is not to be repeated they better start posting them out pretty soon.

As I seem to be on their records twice, I'll probably be given 2 season tickets if I renew

That way they can get money for 5000 renewals, but still say that they've sold 10000
  • Hasby123 said:

This is all great news if you are in the North Lower, but as someone who is happy with Block A of the East Stand, my seat actually increases by £100, so for me it's over 50% increase for next season......

Yeah but that just reflects the price of the seat you've actually been sitting in :wink:
  • I would like to take advantage of this offer.

But won't.
  • colin1961 said:

Great pricing by the club was renewing anyway whatever price but well done the club

You minx Cozzer! Can't work out if you are proper wind up or Richard Murray.
  • They continually mention £7.13 per game etc.
    I take it that the club have given up on us going up by nicking one of the last 2 play off places still within our reach.

No ambition.

£175 / 23 = £7.60 who did the maths for £7.13?
  • with these prices they definitely want to close down the valley and move to a smaller ground.
  • rikofold said:

Average peak season ticket price in League One this year is £400. Ours? £550 once the £25 increase is applied. Good luck with those.

All that will happen is people currently paying more in the North will buy the £175 tickets. They'll lose swathes in other areas at these prices. Not sure they've thought this through, although nice to blame the focus group.

There are plenty of tickets well below the £525 top priced tickets. And isn't the £25 discount to come off the published prices, rather than the other way round, so that the top price is 500 before the deadline and 525 afterwards?
  • My grandson will be 18 within the next couple of months, not sure whether he will be a student come August, if I purchased an under 21 ST will I be able to claim a rebate if he becomes a student. At the moment I have no intention of renewing.
  • Sponsored links:

• rikofold said:

Average peak season ticket price in League One this year is £400. Ours? £550 once the £25 increase is applied. Good luck with those.

All that will happen is people currently paying more in the North will buy the £175 tickets. They'll lose swathes in other areas at these prices. Not sure they've thought this through, although nice to blame the focus group.

Are you sure the prices will go up by £25 opposed to being £25 less than the quoted price if you renew early?

If you're right that makes third division football more expensive than the season before in the Championship.

I've never been more tempted not to buy a season ticket at all. If the team is as good as I fear next season I can go to about five games and save myself a fortune!
  • So the club pushes everyone down into the North Lower with the promise of cheap prices next year, and the season after they can close the north upper and West upper as there will be few takers there, and increase the price for the North Lower again....Roland's plan!
  • The north lower is the right place for the cheap season tickets. The club would have liked to have put lounge access into the lower north a couple of years back, but there are safety issues around controlling the numbers of people in each tier of the stand and of the lounge. Having the cheap tickets in the east and west stands was always daft and has now created the inevitable problem when it was withdrawn of substantial increases in those areas. It's also likely to mean dearer match tickets there despite relegation, which will affect more than the people who actually sit in those blocks.

Leaving aside the other issues around renewal, the price for north upper seats, for example, is £85 higher than last time we were in League One in 2011/12 - an increase of 35 per cent.

Great point.
  • I used to use the Zebra Finance one with no problems,then they changed to V2 finance and I got turned down.

Katrien must be in charge of V12's emails....
  • to top to off, if I did renew I can no longer get my £15 discount by renewing online. I'd either have to phone or visit the ticket office, which is never open.

Lucky I'm holding back on renewing.
  • When Norwich were in a similar position to us a few years ago they announced their ST prices if they stay in the Championship, but offered early bird renewals a 30% rebate (or about that) if they got relegated. I think over 15000 renewed and got their rebate when they were relegated. That is proactive marketing.
  • colin1961 said:

Great pricing by the club was renewing anyway whatever price but well done the club

You minx Cozzer! Can't work out if you are proper wind up or Richard Murray.
    Or both.
  • Sponsored links:

• Whatever the price of the Season tickets I will not be going. It's the U18s U21s and Welling United next season for me.
  • Davo55 said:

They can stick their ST right up their fucking jacksies

Does Johnnie know about this?
  • £325 to watch Nabby Sarr or similar getting roasted by League One strikers? Season ticket holder since 1990 but this time Roland and Katrien you can shove it!!!!
  • braydex said:

I mentioned this last year to the guy who was responsible for season tickets (i cant remember his name now) and i'll mention it again as nothing has changed.

It's all very well offering adults a free child ticket with every adult ticket purchased in the family stand, but the maths dont work out?

Once again, it's cheaper for me to buy a ticket in the north stand (£175) and a separate season ticket for my kids compared to buying an adult ticket in the family stand.

Surely the whole point of the family stand is to make it attractive to people like me, who have young children. Last year, it was cheaper for me to buy myself and my kids tickets right next to the away fans so they could hear all the abuse etc. from away fans (i didn't i paid extra and renewed in the family stand - although none of us have attended).

What is the point of a family stand when it's cheaper for a family to sit elsewhere in the ground? Are families having to pay extra just to enjoy being sat with other families? Bizarre.

Well at least the language is far more refined...................oh hang on a minute :wink: .
  • edited March 2016

£475 for my east stand seat, pretty much the same as last year..

...Except I'll be watching our under 12's play Accrington Stanley.

Should've bought one in A Block, saved a few hundred and bunked along towards the middle :open_mouth: . Won't be able to do it next season though, spoilsports. Regime out! :wink: .
  • colin1961 said:

Hahahahahahahahahaha