Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Season Ticket Prices for 2016/17

Comments

• edited March 2016

I have merely seen the title of this thread & have NO interest whatsoever in next season's prices.

They could be offering my seat in East Stand, Block E for £50 for the season, and I still wouldn't renew.

This lady's not for turning , or indeed wooing......

Are you still intending to go to every home game?
    I've stated my position several times on here as I'm sure you are aware, EA and it won't change.

Maybe I am deluded.

Maybe I am guilty of double standards by being a serial protester whilst still attending home games.

But the slogan " Support the team, NOT the regime" sums up my stance.

Yes, I may end up out of pocket from buying tickets on a match by match basis.

Yes, I AM still giving money to those dastardly Belgians by purchasing said tickets.

But I still won't be giving them my cash up front to help pay those , possibly , overdue bills during the close season.

And they won't be able to add me into the matchday attendance figures if I fail to make it to a game.

Supporters far more intelligent & wiser than me have stated they believe that it may take years to purge our Club of this disease currently slowly killing it.

Younger fans may buy into this and say we'll still be around when RD sells up.

But as I approach my 68th year, it's possible that I might not be around when that exultant time arrives.

And if I'm not attending whilst I'm fit & healthy, who will bring the next generation of supporters along in the shape of my grandkids ?

This is my choice.

Whether it's yours or whether you disagree with my reasoning, TBH, I really don't care.
    I think you need to get off your high horse.

Politely, I understand people who still want to go as why let the Belgians ruin what fans have been doing for however many years.

Politely, I understand people renewing season tickets for the same reasons.

What I do not understand is people giving more money to the Belgians than they have to with the match tickets.

Your final comment was uncalled for.

As an aside, if I had a problem with your stance I would not have put myself out and try and help you with your Rotherham train tickets.
  • I have merely seen the title of this thread & have NO interest whatsoever in next season's prices.

They could be offering my seat in East Stand, Block E for £50 for the season, and I still wouldn't renew.

This lady's not for turning , or indeed wooing......

Are you still intending to go to every home game?
    I've stated my position several times on here as I'm sure you are aware, EA and it won't change.

Maybe I am deluded.

Maybe I am guilty of double standards by being a serial protester whilst still attending home games.

But the slogan " Support the team, NOT the regime" sums up my stance.

Yes, I may end up out of pocket from buying tickets on a match by match basis.

Yes, I AM still giving money to those dastardly Belgians by purchasing said tickets.

But I still won't be giving them my cash up front to help pay those , possibly , overdue bills during the close season.

And they won't be able to add me into the matchday attendance figures if I fail to make it to a game.

Supporters far more intelligent & wiser than me have stated they believe that it may take years to purge our Club of this disease currently slowly killing it.

Younger fans may buy into this and say we'll still be around when RD sells up.

But as I approach my 68th year, it's possible that I might not be around when that exultant time arrives.

And if I'm not attending whilst I'm fit & healthy, who will bring the next generation of supporters along in the shape of my grandkids ?

This is my choice.

Whether it's yours or whether you disagree with my reasoning, TBH, I really don't care.
    I think you need to get off your high horse.

Politely, I understand people who still want to go as why let the Belgians ruin what fans have been doing for however many years.

Politely, I understand people renewing season tickets for the same reasons.

What I do not understand is people giving more money to the Belgians than they have to with the match tickets.

Your final comment was uncalled for.

As an aside, if I had a problem with your stance I would not have put myself out and try and help you with your Rotherham train tickets.
    It's like mummy and daddy arguing !
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

I will spend my cash traveling to Belgium to fight for all those who cant be arsed to boycott!

When I win it back - I wont expect a sorry!

Keep calling yourself TRUE Fans/Supporters/Customers!

Bloody hell, fella gets the Eurostar once and suddenly he's Richard the Lionheart !

Interesting pricing model, I was probably going to renew anyway and probably still will however I completely understand the reasoning of those who won't, gutted that it's come to this for so many.
  • I won't be renewing irrespective of the price until they have gone. The football this season has been dire and we have had more unqualified management, more temporary ,mercenaries and the Regime continues to treat us with contempt. I was expecting them to be more ambitious with their pricing strategy here but should have known better. I will pick and choose next season, go to less matches as a consequence, probably get less depressed as a consequence and, if there's still no change, will consider watching Welling United on a Saturday afternoon.
  • Am I reading this wrong, or is the offer £175 for north lower, and a further £25 off if purchased before April deadline?
  • I took it as it will then go up to 200 (all prices increase by 25). I might be wrong though
  • How much is it for the sofa?
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope this thread doesn't de-rail into if you renew you are this and if you dont you are that.I would say we have gone from 2% to 90% being unhappy, but how each and every person decides to deal with it is up to them.I find some of the posts on here a bit insulting, I respect each person decision as said previously the match is a part of my saturday experience, not all of it, a lot of friends I only see at matches and I won't let the owners stop this. One day I will even see the new slimfit Dave Mehmet.

Great post, apart from the last bit
  • My ticket has been frozen at £325, which works out at just over £14 per match for League 1 football (edited as my maths is shocking) - it now seems a little expensive but anyway In any other season, time period, whatever you want to call it, I'd have been all over that. This time, I can't do it & now the prices have been announced, the reality has dawned on me. I want to watch Charlton, I want a Season Ticket, but while Duchàtelet remains as owner & his cancer seeps into the club, I simply can't renew.

Only money I spend on Charlton related stuff is my VOTV subscription.

Same thoughts here - just can't renew as things stand despite being one of the 'lucky ones' who became eligible for the senior concession at 60 and if I don't renew won't be eligible again until 2018 as was raised to 65 this year for new applicants. I wonder what league we will be in then?

Have already decided not to attend Tuesday's game despite its possible importance and would you believe it contacted by VG to say have been selected for a Champagne Dinner and seats in Executive Box for 2 for the game. Not that long ago would been really pleased but now feel nothing and won't be taking up the offer. So sad

• vffvff
    edited March 2016
    I think that Meire & Duchatelet know that the season ticket take up will be disastrous. Instead of fixing the problems they are managing the decline and planning for much lower attendances.

Sub 7,000 to 5,000 crowds (sub 5,000 for midweek Northern opponents on a cold winter's night with poor trains) won't need all parts of the stadium to be open. We know that Duchatelet is a skinflint who counts the pennies and cents on stewarding / policing costs. I can see the upper west being closed and parts of the East Stand considered to being closed. Moving away supporters around, which will need to be negotiated with the police a possible later option.

When the short highlights of goals & Academy star turns are played, there will be supporters behind the goal in the North Upper and the west lower will be full.

My question for Richard Murray is, how is this not running the club into the ground ?
  • I took it as it will then go up to 200 (all prices increase by 25). I might be wrong though

I took it the opposite way, i.e. those prices are the standard ones, which will be discounted by £25 if you buy early.

It would be nice if the club could clarify this!
  • It is very unclear. I took a screenshot of the website a few days before the prices were announced.

Looking at the figures then the prices displayed for Adult and Concessions are mostly £25 below what they were on the website a few days ago. Zone 1 & 5 concessions are £20 cheaper ?

The prices for Adult Disabled, Concessions Disabled, Under 18, Under 11 are all the same.

The website states "Fans can guarantee their seat and save up to £25 by purchasing ahead of the early bird deadline on Saturday, April 16th."

So does that include all tickets including concessions and disabled ?

Clear as mud.

• In emails the club sent last year they said "Next season Charlton are remaining one of the most affordable teams to follow in the entire Football League"

This year "Charlton Athletic remains one of the most affordable professional clubs to watch in London"
  • dickplumb said:

My Season ticket has actually gone up in price. I sit in the East Stand and I got my ticket as a concession. The concessional age has now gone up to sixty Five and I don't qualify. I paid 225 pounds which is 240 less Valley Gold discount. If I wanted a ticket now I would have to pay 310 pounds which is 325 less 15 pounds Valley Gold discount. Which means I would have to pay eighty five pounds more to watch First Division Football next Season. NO THANKS.

In a club email last year they said "While the age for senior concessions has risen to 65, any supporters between the ages of 60-65 renewing a previous concessions ticket will still be eligible for the discounted rate."

Can't see a reference to this situation in their FAQ this year but worth a phone call to them. Hope you can get it at the discounted rate if you do want to renew.
  • An observation.

As I've said previously, everyone has to decide for themselves & I don't criticise anyone for whatever they choose to do.

However, for all the people choosing to no longer go on a matter of principal until RD goes.

If we were in The Prem next season (ok I accept it won't happen under RD), The Valley would probably have about 15,000 S/T holders, including many of the I'm not going while RD is the owner.

As I've said before I want RD gone as much as anyone and have possibly protested, leafleted etc more than many.

#justsaying.

Ok I'm off to Brentford now :smile:

• 175 notes in the North Lower is a no brainer if you wish to purchase a season ticket to watch League One football next season. 3400 tickets will all go in my opinion, but the spin put on this by the club is a Derek Underwood standard.

However the prices on the other stands as stayed exactly the same but to watch a lower level of football. If people are wavering for next season, then bar the Lower North there is no incentive.
  • Sponsored links:

• An observation.

As I've said previously, everyone has to decide for themselves & I don't criticise anyone for whatever they choose to do.

However, for all the people choosing to no longer go on a matter of principal until RD goes.

If we were in The Prem next season (ok I accept it won't happen under RD), The Valley would probably have about 15,000 S/T holders, including many of the I'm not going while RD is the owner.

As I've said before I want RD gone as much as anyone and have possibly protested, leafleted etc more than many.

#justsaying.

Yeah but - in your alternate reality if we were in the Prem, that would mean RD had given it a proper go and had been a success. Nobody would need to protest.

We're not, and he's not.
  • dickplumb said:

My Season ticket has actually gone up in price. I sit in the East Stand and I got my ticket as a concession. The concessional age has now gone up to sixty Five and I don't qualify. I paid 225 pounds which is 240 less Valley Gold discount. If I wanted a ticket now I would have to pay 310 pounds which is 325 less 15 pounds Valley Gold discount. Which means I would have to pay eighty five pounds more to watch First Division Football next Season. NO THANKS.

In a club email last year they said "While the age for senior concessions has risen to 65, any supporters between the ages of 60-65 renewing a previous concessions ticket will still be eligible for the discounted rate."

Can't see a reference to this situation in their FAQ this year but worth a phone call to them. Hope you can get it at the discounted rate if you do want to renew.
    I have already emailed about this. No reply yet.
  • At £8 a match, the regime has made protesting affordable.
  • shirty5 said:

175 notes in the North Lower is a no brainer if you wish to purchase a season ticket to watch League One football next season. 3400 tickets will all go in my opinion, but the spin put on this by the club is a Derek Underwood standard.

However the prices on the other stands as stayed exactly the same but to watch a lower level of football. If people are wavering for next season, then bar the Lower North there is no incentive.

Can't see us selling out in the North Lower Shirty. I reckon they will do well to get more than 3500 renewals and they won't all want the long-sighted view behind the goal....
  • An observation.

#justsaying.

Of course we would be back if we were in the premiership
    Glad you agree with me Rodders.
  • colin1961 said:

Great pricing by the club was renewing anyway whatever price but well done the club

Is the seat next to available do you know? I want first hand scoops, getting a bit pissed off with you announcing them on here a few years late.
  • Still can't believe how rubbish this is in comparison with previous suggestions.

£200 anywhere in the ground, first come first served would surely have got a lot of takers which would have been well worth it.

The club is being run like a Roland's private commode. He just sits in the chair and keeps pissing and shitting into the club whenever he feels like it without ever having to move more than one or two muscles.
  • CAFCTrev said:

I used to use the Zebra Finance one with no problems,then they changed to V2 finance and I got turned down.

Katrien must be in charge of V12's emails....
    What have i done to upset that squirrel faced liar!