Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Season Ticket Prices for 2016/17

Comments

• Btw. Still cheaper to watch Charlton than to watch Dartford. Just saying. I can see a big match day price hike coming up.

Lower league football is really expensive, I went to Barnet once this season and it cost me £23

Leaving aside the other issues, it's surprising that they would announce the prices

a) when it's not settled which division we'll be in
    b) have a situation in which if you don't buy early, the price will go up at a time when our relegation will almost certainly have been confirmed!
  • buy in the lower and walk to the upper via the quadrant
  • Mrkinski said:

My seat is not cheaper (lower west) - why should I pay the same price in L1? Horses for courses anyway cos I'm not renewing till they've gone.

Same here regarding price, they're not offering much incentive to attract us to L1 football.
  • same prices in NU as far as I can see, I'd definitely move back down to the NL but my kids wouldn't be able to see past people standing up
  • For all with twitter; be good to see what sort of take-up we are looking at..

• kentred2 said:

If they threw in a front seat at Roland's funeral I might consider it.

You might not be alone in that, but only if they also included, though in no particular order, stake, mallet, 100 litres of paraffin, quicklime (for the grave), holy water, silver bullet, marching band and all you can eat buffet...
  • cafcfan said:

So, no indication of closing any stands as had been rumoured.

Or will that come later and they'll try moving people about after they've shelled out the dosh?

Exactly what I thought, they probably expect the Upper Covered End to move down, those that are left will have no choice but to be moved.

Anyone have any idea how much the over 60/65 tickets are this year ? I thought they were £200 but probably my old memory failing me.
  • North Lower now the cheap area. Something @Norman_Smith suggested to KM at a VIP meeting two years ago when pointing out how stupid it was putting the cheap tickets in the corner of the East. Two years on she pretends that this was an idea from T20k. No, Katrien, you suggested it to them and they agreed.

It is actually a much more sensible place to have cheaper STs although you have increased the number of cheap tickets greatly.

On student concessions, as the father of a 17 year old I like this idea.

In any normal situation I think most fans would see this as a reasonable offer. Shame KM has poisoned the relationship with fans so much that this will still be greeted by many as a joke.

the main prices seem to have stayed the same which is more than can be said for our league position.

I can confirm it was in fact the Target 20K group who put forward the North Lower and student concessions ideas to the club during our first meeting.

That's not to say they were T20k's ideas, the credit for them most likely lays elsewhere as you said but these were definitely ideas pushed by the group, not KM.

Either way it's pleasing to see both initiatives suggested acted upon.

• Really hope those that have said they won't renew will stay strong in light of the cheap prices.

Season ticket renewals is out biggest chance to really force Rolands hand

They won't be getting any money from me.
  • Sponsored links:

• North Lower now the cheap area. Something @Norman_Smith suggested to KM at a VIP meeting two years ago when pointing out how stupid it was putting the cheap tickets in the corner of the East. Two years on she pretends that this was an idea from T20k. No, Katrien, you suggested it to them and they agreed.

It is actually a much more sensible place to have cheaper STs although you have increased the number of cheap tickets greatly.

In any normal situation I think most fans would see this as a reasonable offer. Shame KM has poisoned the relationship with fans so much that this will still be greeted by many as a joke.

the main prices seem to have stayed the same which is more than can be said for our league position.

I can confirm it was in fact the Target 20K group who put forward the North Lower and student concessions ideas to the club during our first meeting.

That's not to say they were T20k's ideas, the credit for them most likely lays elsewhere as you said but these were definitely ideas pushed by the group, not KM.

Then how did I know that that was what the club wanted to do before the T20k group was set up?
  • edited March 2016

Be £375 for me next season saving a whopping £25

On a serious note people know that I've said I'll renew but of course it comes down to whether I can afford it... Has anyone ever used one of the Finance packages?

I used to use the Zebra Finance one with no problems,then they changed to V2 finance and I got turned down.
    Really ????? Arseholes

PL54 said:

Good price.

Can you move within the stadium from NL to NU at all ?

Can you get into Fans' Bar pre game if you are in NL?

how do you normally get into the bar?
    I DON'T & nor should anyone else opposed to this lot
  • edited March 2016

North Lower now the cheap area. Something @Norman_Smith suggested to KM at a VIP meeting two years ago when pointing out how stupid it was putting the cheap tickets in the corner of the East. Two years on she pretends that this was an idea from T20k. No, Katrien, you suggested it to them and they agreed.

Then how did I know that that was what the club wanted to do before the T20k group was set up?
    You may well be right. I'm only going from what's happened at the meetings.
  • Unsurprising marketing tactic. They fear a large drop-off from relegation, plus are acutely aware of the campaign not to renew, so have taken a proactive step. Can't blame the club, but whether it will work is another matter. And also whether it is actually financially astute.
  • Be £375 for me next season saving a whopping £25

On a serious note people know that I've said I'll renew but of course it comes down to whether I can afford it... Has anyone ever used one of the Finance packages?

I used to use the Zebra Finance one with no problems,then they changed to V2 finance and I got turned down.
    Really ?????

PL54 said:

Good price.

Can you move within the stadium from NL to NU at all ?

Can you get into Fans' Bar pre game if you are in NL?

how do you normally get into the bar?
    I DON'T & nor should anyone else opposed to this lot
    Yes Really :smile:
  • I look forward to purchasing 3 tickets for next season - possibly 4........but not until RD, KM and RM have all resigned and the club has been sold.
  • Season 2015-2016 U21 Disabled £135
    Season 2016-2017 U21 Disabled £185 and in a league lower
    An increase of 37%
    I know that it is was cheap at £135 but 37% increase and league 1!

How much for Welling (instead)?
  • Sponsored links:

• No thanks Pinocchio.
  • edited March 2016
    If this season's fiasco is not to be repeated they better start posting them out pretty soon.
  • For all with twitter; be good to see what sort of take-up we are looking at..

Done!
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

For all with twitter; be good to see what sort of take-up we are looking at..

Done!
    Don't do twitter but NO
  • I'll have half a dozen...

Nah, fuck off you Belgian fucktards!
  • Not much incentive there. Same price for L1 football

£25 more if you don't buy early.
  • How it perhaps should have been written...

Dear Customer

We would like to thank you for your loyal support over the course of the 2015/16 season, and in particular the extended support after each game behind the West Stand which has cost us a small fortune in extra policing, officials, lighting, barriers, video production teams, etc.

We are making some - hopefully - divisive changes next season in the hope of enhancing the noise and atmosphere of The Covered End and encourage even greater support for the team. We recognise of course that losing most games under four or five (sorry, lost count) different managers doesn't help, nor does the distraction of our Regime's mis-management of a football club. Therefore, the North Lower will become our new "affordable" area, ie less expensive than other parts of the stadium which will subsequently become empty again, giving over 3,400 fans the chance to watch the team, er, play from just £175 for the season.

Due to this change, 2016/17 season tickets in East Stand Block A and West Stand Block H will, ahem, increase (not fall) into the Zone 5 category pricing as follows:

• Adult - £275 (£11.96 per game)
    • Adult Disabled - £275 (£11.96 per game)
    • Concessions (over 65, under 21 and student) - £205 (£8.91 per game)
    • Concessions Disabled - £185 (£8.04 per game)
    • Under 18 - £100 (£4.35 per game)
    • Under 11 - £50 (£2.17 per game)

If like many fans you enjoy watching from the side of the pitch rather than behind the goal...tough.

We do appreciate that season ticket price and location are important to fans - as opposed to managers, players, Chairman turning up and giving a toss, etc - and the club are dedicated to working with you to find the best possible seating solution (marketing speak, had to be put in, sorry) so you can continue to "enjoy" the matchday experience at the (sic) Valley.

A member of the ticketing team will be reluctantly contacting affected and disaffected fans directly, who will be given priority to move to the North Lower if they wish to do so or simply pay an extra £100 for the ticket that was "affordable" last season.

If you have any questions or concerns, or you would prefer to contact us sooner than...[when?] please get in touch with us at The Valley Ticket Office by calling 03330 144444 or email tickets@cafc.co.uk. Alternatively if you've simply had enough, goodbye and good luck, see you again sometime.