Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Season Ticket Prices for 2016/17

Comments

• May I be the first to say - where's my season ticket? - has anyone got theirs yet?
  • Fumbluff said:

PL54 said:

Good price.

Can you move within the stadium from NL to NU at all ?

Can you get into Fans' Bar pre game if you are in NL?

Have you ever been to The Valley?
    Humour.

I've never sat in NL.
  • cafcfan said:

So, no indication of closing any stands as had been rumoured.

Or will that come later and they'll try moving people about after they've shelled out the dosh?

I would suggest that this has effectively closed the North upper
  • "now giving over 3,400 fans the chance to watch the team play from just £7.61 per game.......". Ambitious but I've not doubt they'll get over 3,400 home fans for some games.

I won't be buying, money and the cost isn't an issue for me, just won't be buying unless there are drastic positive changes during the summer. Which obviously there won't be.
  • I believe Huddersfield had all adult tickets all areas £179 for the first 10,000.
    Our prices are too high for league one football.
    We should've copied Huddersfield and made it £150 rather than £179 given the awful experiences we will have next season.
    Not impressed.
  • PL54 said:

Good price.

how do you normally get into the bar?
  • May I be the first to say - where's my season ticket? - has anyone got theirs yet?

if it's anything like this season's fiasco with sending out STs, i wouldn't hold your breath.
  • PL54 said:

Good price.

I've not been in pre game (only after) and from NU
  • Sponsored links:

• Aside from all the politics surrounding the owner, the fact remains that the football has largely been shit and it's only going to get worse. Just not worth it any more. And as for all the politics surrounding the owner..........
  • edited March 2016
    The north lower is the right place for the cheap season tickets. The club would have liked to have put lounge access into the lower north a couple of years back, but there are safety issues around controlling the numbers of people in each tier of the stand and of the lounge. Having the cheap tickets in the east and west stands was always daft and has now created the inevitable problem when it was withdrawn of substantial increases in those areas. It's also likely to mean dearer match tickets there despite relegation, which will affect more than the people who actually sit in those blocks.

Leaving aside the other issues around renewal, the price for north upper seats, for example, is £85 higher than last time we were in League One in 2011/12 - an increase of 35 per cent.

• PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Good price.

ok, erm...there's a big Charlton sign outside the north stand. by the east stand turnstiles. next to it is a glass door. go through there up the stairs and into the bar. see picture of sign and door. door is just left of tree:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4873479,0.0373081,3a,75y,187.48h,92.39t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1scmOedEzOoUZH2mJF2FY4hg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
  • Can anyone recall what the prices were in League 1 in 9/10?

Can't argue on the quality of the football this year, although only slightly worse from a points perspective than the previous relegation to League 1 where we finished 12 points adrift and I think 8 wins wasn't it?? That said, 10 games to go it could be a lot worse!!
  • PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Good price.

ok, erm...there's a big Charlton sign outside the north stand. by the east stand turnstiles. next to it is a glass door. go through there up the stairs and into the bar. see picture of sign and door. door is just left of tree:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4873479,0.0373081,3a,75y,187.48h,92.39t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1scmOedEzOoUZH2mJF2FY4hg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
    I'm looking for a GIS Technician but they need a sense of humour.
  • Be £375 for me next season saving a whopping £25

On a serious note people know that I've said I'll renew but of course it comes down to whether I can afford it... Has anyone ever used one of the Finance packages?

Sod the season ticket and spend more on the wedding lol
  • edited March 2016

The north lower is the right place for the cheap season tickets. The club would have liked to have put lounge access into the lower north a couple of years back, but there are safety issues around controlling the numbers of people in each tier of the stand and of the lounge. Having the cheap tickets in the east and west stands was always daft and has now created the inevitable problem when it was withdrawn of substantial increases in those areas. It's also likely to mean dearer match tickets there despite relegation, which will affect more than the people who actually sit in those blocks.

Leaving aside the other issues around renewal, the price for north upper seats, for example, is £85 higher than last time we were in League One in 2011/12 - an increase of 35 per cent.

and we won pretty much every game then and ended up champions with a record points haul, who thinks these jack-asses will manage to compete with that?
  • Attractive pricing, but with this lot in charge the club has lost a lot of the attraction for me. Will not return to The Valley until they are gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was expecting something more wide ranging across the ground.

They've corrected an anomaly around where the cheap seats would be, but kept prices the same everywhere else...

Can't see this encouraging a lot of season ticket sales for a League 1 outfit.

Estimate 4,000-6,000.

• edited March 2016

cafcfan said:

So, no indication of closing any stands as had been rumoured.

Or will that come later and they'll try moving people about after they've shelled out the dosh?

I would suggest that this has effectively closed the North upper
    Extremely unlikely IMO. The club would be insane to sell tickets and then shut stands. It would cause even more uproar and the savings (for the club) are not that substantial.
  • Rung up to buy mine but they said they aren't on sale yet.

I said "but I want to give you my money now"

"sorry", they said "We know we've announced the new offer and we think it's great but Mandy and Katrien thinks it's OK to put something on sale but not make it available for 9 days, it's not as if they've had any time to prepare, you know"

Splitter!!!
  • And the other missing piece of info is what the match day prices will be. £12 a ticket or whatever my ST works out at is all fine and dandy if I can buy a ticket for the same price or thereabouts. Bearing in mind I've forced myself to go to at least five games I couldn't be arsed with this year on the basis that I had a ST, if I start next year as a pay as you go "customer" I'm not going to last long if the standard is as pish as I think it's going to be.

Btw. Still cheaper to watch Charlton than to watch Dartford. Just saying. I can see a big match day price hike coming up.
  • 2017/18 will see the closure of the North Upper, with next years NU customers being offered relocation to East or West Stands.
  • Will be interesting to see what the migration is from the north upper to the north lower due to this price cut. And from other parts of the ground.

Not as much as the migration from the north upper to anywhere else other than the valley I'd hope
  • I will spend my cash traveling to Belgium to fight for all those who cant be arsed to boycott!

When I win it back - I wont expect a sorry!

Keep calling yourself TRUE Fans/Supporters/Customers!