Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rotherham v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Seen again. Lookman was onside.
  • Options
    Well pleased we won.... And I was 1200 dollars better off with a 3-1 win until lookman scored the 4th the bugger!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Just watched the highlights for the 5th time.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Aaah. Had such a brilliant dream last night. We won away, scoring 4 goals, our strikers played well and were deadly with their chances, we had away support, everyone was singing loudly FOR the manager.

The loveliest things happen in dreams.

Same dream here
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amazed! Happy Valley almost got his prediction right!
  • Options

Amazed! Happy Valley almost got his prediction right!

Lol very true
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Pleased we won but we absolutely have to follow this up with another 3 points at home to Bristol City.
  • Options

Pleased we won but we absolutely have to follow this up with another 3 points at home to Bristol City.

If we do, and I think we will, it puts a very different complexion on the league table ...other teams will start getting quite worried.
  • Options
    KHA said:

What a difference a manager makes. We weren’t perfect, but we were organised, committed and played with some belief.

A couple of little things struck me.

For the first time in the five years since I have been watching matches again we made some sensible use of our throw-ins. Instead of virtually always throwing it down the line to our biggest player and invariably losing possession, players were moving around and making themselves available to receive the ball to feet.

Henderson was clearly looking to do something similar with his distribution, ie find a free player to retain possession and not always launch it towards our biggest player. Our second goal originated in this way when he threw the ball to Cousins.

This is basic stuff and doesn’t make Riga a tactical genius, but he’s having a positive impact. We have a chance.

How have you not had a "like" from Viewfinder? :wink:
  • Options

Oakster said:

Rob said:

Oakster said:

Rob said:

Shame if people are indifferent. Today was brilliant. Support the team not the regime.

Unfortunately the success of the team will justify the regime.

But we'll be happy then and I'm OK with that. Bring on the wins I say.

and this is why the protests are on shaky ground, because all it will take is a few wins under the network manager & all is forgiven.....

Have to agree totally with this. A few more wins and safety under the old belt and the protests / CARD campaign will naturally lose momentum and any impact it's starting to have. Then of course, 'they' will be in the position to turn round and stick two fingers up at us.

Of course I want Charlton to win and stay up, but I also desperately want rid of these Buffoons, it's a real catch 22! ! I fear that if the wish/desire for Charlton winning sees us stay up we have even less chance of getting rid of these imbeciles!!
    I am sure there is some truth in what you are saying, but you can't control for what other people will do.
    All you can do is remain steadfast yourself and maintain your own opposition come what may.
    Will you do that?
  • Options

Who's that at the back of Jorge's tweet?

Isn't it KF's no 2?
  • Options
    I was gutted last night as I had 3-1 and Lookman LGS, shouldve been more confident in Mak scoring a couple!
  • Options
    A couple more wins like that for us and a couple of defeats like that for the teams directly above us will bring down our goal difference.

I can't believe how many goals Fulham have scored !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cousins has taken a lot of stick for his quality on the ball but yesterday he looked more than capable.

Skinned a couple of players by the dugout and played two or three defence splitting passes, including for the 2nd goal.

And he's still only 21.

Gudmundsson got the assist for that second goal but would never have happened had it not been for Cousins.

Made himself quickly available for Henderson to pass to and it was a lovely ball for Johann to latch on to
  • Options
    Gudmonsson has the most assists in the league with 9.
  • Options

I'm sure I read he had that many before Saturday.
  • Options
    Noticed on the replay that it was Mak winning a header and flicking on to Bergdich for the 1st goal, he was not winning them in past games. I only hope these are the sort of comments we can read about next weekend
  • Options

http://www.worldfootball.net/assists/eng-championship-2015-2016/

Bloody heck... You wouldn't believe on the season, only Clayton Donaldson has more assists with 10
  • Options
    It's a bit off the thread but how about the Protest fund buying some Roland Out Car Stickers. This would spread the word and make the protest more visible.
  • Options
    @Fanny Fanackapan . My best mate from school texted me to say he was talking to you yesterday. Was sitting behind you guys. Laurence is his name (I call him Lol). He runs the coaches up from Tun Wells and, between us, we have well over 100 years supporting Charlton. Maybe you remember?
  • Options
    After we got back from Rotherham we celebrated in the Tudor Barn in Eltham and I'm still feeling horrendous, but the hangover is blunted slightly by thinking back to the brilliant performance from yesterday.