Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rotherham v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Was nice to see plenty of goals and all of them coming from our Strikers. Mak had an excellent game, he really have them problems. Great to see Igor back in the goals and I thought he played well throughout. A bit more match fitness and we'll see his first touch improve again. I still think we need work at the back. Not just with our defenders, but the way we defend as a unit. I don't want to be too critical though, we've needed a win for some time, and we had to battle for it at times today, but all the players put in a good shift and worked tirelessly for the 90 minutes. We absolutely must follow this up against Bristol City next week though, we have to keep it going.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Rob said:

Shame if people are indifferent. Today was brilliant. Support the team not the regime.

Unfortunately the success of the team will justify the regime.

But we'll be happy then and I'm OK with that. Bring on the wins I say.

• Options
    What a turnaround, and HOORAH finally beating one of our relegation rivals. The sort of result that will put a real dent in Rotherham's confidence too, theyhave another 6 pointer against Bolton next weekend.

Interesting that Bergdich played the full 90
  • Options
    Watched it on a stream, finishing was excellent, team looked organised. That's why you have a proper coach! Thank f**k they have one decent one in the network. Penalty miss saved a nervy end and Rotherham looked poor. Good start to the run to get us out of danger.
  • Options
    Our goals all came at the right time. We were pretty clinical today.
  • Options
    Fantastic result, thought 4-1 slightly flattered us but who cares, get in!

My only concern is Lennon & Fox, thought they both had a few too many dodgy defensive moments that could have easily been punished by a stronger team.

Well done lads, real momentum changing result today. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mr.se7 said:

Makienok and Vetokele look dangerous together, long may it continue

Fully agree. With Lookie coming off the bench late on.

Astonishing after our season that we are only one point from safety.
  • Options
    Whew...Hendo's saves, Solly being Solly, JBG shows his abilities on the ball, a Lookman goal, Big Mak's fiery goals & JJ's leadership....nice combination brought out by Jose Riga. Dodged a bullet with the missed penalty and Beccios' close chance but a win is a win and if it brings confidence going against better opposition - its just what the team needed......glad I got to watch it. Totally different team on display than what I have heard about.....
  • Options
    The team just looks so more organised and JBG played so much better.
  • Options
    Step in the right direction, but a long road ahead, but as I say it's a great start
    Well done to the team and all that went to support
  • Options
    Great to see a proper team performance - no-one played badly and most played very well. Big Mak is a head case but took goals well.

As their guy ran up to take pen I thought this is going over the bar and it did. Could virtually relax after that and very well taken goal by Lookie - he is some talent and so hope we can keep him a little longer.

Very much enjoyed our trip to New York.

So good to see smiling Addicks on way out.

Support the team not the regime.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

19 Fulham 28 -5 28
    20 MK Dons 28 -18 26
    21 Rotherham 29 -18 25
    22 Bristol City 29 -23 25
    23 Charlton 29 -29 24
    24 Bolton 28 -22 20

Having seen how badly we've played all season, I'm amazed we're only three points from 'safety'
    A point, not three.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant result and a huge 3 points that drags more teams into the battle, including Fulham. Our game there looks like being another six-pointer. I don't care how bad Rotherham were according to some people. A couple of weeks ago we would have lost this game. Loads of credit to our players for today.

Massive confidence boost and we have a week to work on a few things as a team to get ready for another huge game next week.
  • Options
    Great feeling to finally spend a Saturday evening not pissed off by Charlton

Igor and Mak 3 goals between on their first start is positive. Looked dodgy at the back but saw Bauer at the end so he can't be far away.

We looked threatening going forward which was pleasing, there's hope yet!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Team looks more solid certainly - still needs a midfielder although Cousins was excellent I thought today. Lookman could be key
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

Stream was good, dodgy five minutes after half time but that was it.

I'm genuinely, and pleasantly, surprised at how clinical we were today.
    Our defense does seem to have more concentration now although there were still some shaky moments. One in particular when Lennon slipped, however he recovered very well to get pressure on the Rotherham player. I didn't see a good replay of their goal but it looked as though Fox had tucked in too much and Bergdich didn't come round on the cover.

Saying that, Bergdich feeling the Riga motivation that CH had last time round? He was a threat and pressed well, plus an assist.
    Makienok looked more up for the fight today and took both his goals well.
    Igor, if he gets back to the form of first 10games of last season we'll stay up.
    Cousin owned the midfield, clever passing, good running and tackling.
    JBG, 3 assists, can't do much more than that. His bit of skill in the first half where he beat 2 or 3 players was beautiful.

Stroud was having a good game but you knew he would give a penalty against us at some point. Rotherham got exactly what they deserved after trying to get Makienok sent off, that CB is an absolute prick of the highest order.

In conclusion, Riga is God.

From what I've seen, it looked like Fox was covering the central position because Tex and Lennon got dragged out to the right. If you want to be very critical you could say he didn't get back to his own position quick enough once Lennon and Tex recovered, but it's harsh to blame it on Fox, he can't be two places at once.
  • Options

Sorry to piss on every ones fireworks
    Yes it was a great away win and a pressure game we just had to win but it was was Rotherham who with Bolton are the worse 2 teams in the league
    Yup even worse than us
    I do think Riga was the best we was going to get and I quite like the guy
    So prove me wrong and win the next 3

I know its only Rotherham but we've got to give credit where its due.

This sort of game is hugely our achilles heal yet we brushed Rotherham aside and were rarely threatened by them, the same where you are in the league is where you deserve to be in the league (so that surely means it should have been a tight 1-0 win) yet instead we brushed them aside as though they werent there... Seeing that Rotherham have beaten Bolton / Brighton / Hull I was extremely disappointed with them.