Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rotherham v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

Rob said:

Davo55 said:

Oakster said:

Rob said:

Oakster said:

Rob said:

Shame if people are indifferent. Today was brilliant. Support the team not the regime.

Unfortunately the success of the team will justify the regime.

But we'll be happy then and I'm OK with that. Bring on the wins I say.

and this is why the protests are on shaky ground, because all it will take is a few wins under the network manager & all is forgiven.....

Seen this sentiment a few times and couldn't disagree more strongly. The protests are not and never have been about the results.
    I don't agree. I think they go hand in hand. If we were pushing for promotion I don't think we'd be protesting.

True to an extent but they would have had to appoint a decent coach/manager and let him put a good squad together for us to be pushing for promotion - they didn't and that's one of the reason's we are protesting
    I agree
  • Options
    Good performance, excellent result, we have a chance to get out of this, but still a long way to go.

A couple of decent signings could still make all the difference.

Still want the lunatics out.
  • Options
    Front two today were brilliant.
    Jordan was superb in the middle.
    Jbg didn't have a great game but set everything up!
    Fans didn't stop making a noise.
    Keith Stroud was bad but it didn't make a difference.
    What a day, I'm so happy.
  • Options

Charlton Athletic Top Scorers (BBC)

Rank Player FA LG LC Total
    1 Simon Makienok 0 5 0 5
    2 Reza Ghooch. 1 2 1 4
    2 Ademola Lookman 0 4 0 4
    3 Johnnie Jackson 0 3 0 3

That's all very well but watt are we going to do without our top striker?
  • Options

Missed It said:

Well done the team, minimum 6 more wins required.
    Changes nothing - screw the regime, RD out, KM out!

I reckon we need more than 6 wins, 8 at least. God knows where they are going to come from as I don't think we have too many teams as bad as Rotherham left to play, excepting Bolton.
    Next 4 games are Bristol City and Cardiff at home and Fulham and Preston away. Play like we did today, with the same effort and skill (and with, for a change, a bit of luck) and there's no reason why each of those games can't be won.

I love the optimism a win brings!

3 hours ago we were as good as relegated, now we're in with a chance of winning 5 on the spin!
    LOL! Fair point, though!

This being Charlton, we will probably lose 0-3 to Bristol City next week!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Jose Texiera photo ....... the bloke with the man boobs in the background: is that Jeunechamps, the new Assistant Manager. Need a bra mate, or at least give up the pies.

Must be his fault that we won today.

• Options
    Who's that at the back of Jorge's tweet?
  • Options

Sorry to piss on every ones fireworks
    Yes it was a great away win and a pressure game we just had to win but it was was Rotherham who with Bolton are the worse 2 teams in the league
    Yup even worse than us
    I do think Riga was the best we was going to get and I quite like the guy
    So prove me wrong and win the next 3

All the better that we got the points and not them, better than beating hull!
  • Options
    The new assistant manager fat Ian dowie
  • Options
    Finally!!! Forgot what it felt like to win! Get in there
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    seth plum said:

Yeah. The penalty miss was handy, and it was going to be a penalty all day long.
    I thought Lookman was offside from the TV, anyway I believe he scored from his only touch of the game.

He was definitely offside during the build up and JBG had to cut in to give him time to get back onside. I think he was just on when the ball went through to him.
  • Options

The new assistant manager fat Ian dowie

Ah yes, he needs to do double training as well!
  • Options
    Just arrived home after the massive 20-mile journey. It was great to witness the much needed win of course but the atmosphere was brilliant. Well done to the loads who made the long journey oop north and absolutely belted out the chants.
    I thought we played with good intensity from the start. Igor is looking more like his old self and JBG was really positive. We were squeezing up in midfield and Bergdich was harrying effectively. It was just a shame that the passing was way off the mark except for the move for Mak's goal - the big lad's finish was class and it was great to see as we were right behind the goal.
    Then we revert to type. Their first serious attack and Lennon should've just done what Tex does and hoof it away. Morgan was out of position and Henderson was true to his pre-match (warm-up) form when loads were going under his body.
    After that we controlled the first half. It's clear that Jose has had time enough with them. Then IGORRRRRRRRR only goes and scores in the 44th minute to exorcise any demons remaining after the Calamitous Karel. Cue the crowd roar. Brilliant!
    Thought we rode our luck a bit in the second half. Keith Stroud is an out-and-out w@nker but on the whole we got as many decisions our way than they did. Mak could've been sent off and from where I was he got the penalty decision right.
    If it had gone 3-2 it may have ended differently, but they kept pressing and deserved the other two. Mak was much better with feet and chest today - he's still inept with his head (until he's in on goal). Lookman is quality. Jose Riga baby ringing out - Jose waving back. Great result and the protests kept going. At last something to sing about. Biggest plus today = Igor. Biggest non-plus = JC. Tex can be forgiven for the penalty. He totally organises and calms the back four. At last we have a bit of hope.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let us hope when we finally get a penalty, we do better than that
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

The Jose Texiera photo ....... the bloke with the man boobs in the background: is that Jeunechamps, the new Assistant Manager. Need a bra mate, or at least give up the pies.

I actually thought it was me!
  • Options
    Unrecognisable from the shambles of most of this season. All of them played well, were well organised and looked up for it. No idea how we aren't 5-10 points adrift at this stage but very, very relieved we are still in with a shout if we can keep performing at that level.

Special mention for Cousins who appears to have found his missing mojo.
  • Options
    Henderson had a blinder. His head could have easily dropped after the first goal.

Quality stuff from us, bergdich assist and quality finish from mak. Hatrick of asissts from gudmonson, vetokele getting back to his old self.

Solly after the penalty was brilliant as well giving it to their striker.

Great day and shows we have the character to turn this shite show of a season around.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

There's just something about Riga isn't there.

Simplified the game for the team, worked on individuals' confidence, impressed upon them the need to work hard for 90+minutes.

A good friend of mine who works in the game said to me that sometimes you get a DNA match between a club and certain managers. Perhaps Riga's that.

Needed a win, got that and more. A decent February ahead - can he take us clear of the bottom 3?

Absolutely right. Same was true of Lennie Lawrence. Pardew was the complete opposite.
  • Options
    Someone pinch me please did we just win away from home and score 4 goals.

Fucking get in there!!!!!!! Come on you reds
  • Options
    Big result but one thing we need NOT to happen. A statement or similar issued saying after this result we feel the team and squad are sufficient enough to keep us up in the Championship at a very competitive level blah blah. Rotherham were poor today, we may have made them poor, but they are a relegation side. We're an injury or two away from being well short again, even now we have big frailties. Our left side of the field next match will be absolutely obliterated if anyone from Bristol City's scouting team was watching us today.