Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rotherham v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Anyone keen to do some gigs for the offshore fans? Can't view the sky sport highlights - geo blocked
  • Options

Funny seeing Powell again on the C5 FL show, on a day when Charlton won and Huddersfield lost...

Funny in what way?

• Options
    Well that's a shock albeit a pleasant one!

Avoided sports coverage today. Very unusual for me so I had to read the score three or four times to ensure I hadn't got it wrong.

A mountain to climb still but at least we didn't fall off the first foothill.
  • Options

Funny seeing Powell again on the C5 FL show, on a day when Charlton won and Huddersfield lost...

Funny in what way?

Beating the mighty Rotherham. We were wrong! CP suddenly not so great!
  • Options
    From a confidence standpoint winning and winning well albeit against a poor side is massive.
  • Options

Funny in what way?

Funny as in odd/surprising, seeing how relatively well Huddersfield have been playing and how badly we have been playing. I'm sure he still feels sore about the way Hudders sacked him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Two great highlights in the slow mo stream which is still running,.
    1. JJ was an amazing influence on the park today. Long chat to Teixeira after the penalty
    2. Long chat with Big Mac on way back to half way after his 2nd.
    3. Loved Solly getting in their penalty takers face as he missed, with some choice words seen in slo mo!
    4. I cant count, but wanted the number 4 in my post, cos we dont see it very often.

I also saw that on the replay.

About 2. - long chat with Mak

JJ was in his ear for a long time after all the others had gone and congratulated him. I assumed he was calming him down after getting all hyped up and telling him to focus and not get sent off as he was on a yellow and they were trying to wind him up.

Thought it was great captaining from Jacko

Then Mak immediately runs into a dodgy challenge and yellow from the kick off.

Weird

----

Great game. Living in hope. COYR
  • Options
    The return of the Mak (sorry
  • Options

iamdan said:

Just got back home from Rotherham.

Performance showed passion and good bits of build up play. Defence still shaky but great to see Igor, JGB and Mak play well.

Support was excellent, didn't shut up for 90mins and on the coach the whole way home...

Support from the stream sounded amazing, could hear all the chants sung from Charlton all match
    Yup, the fans were impressively loud all game
  • Options

Two great highlights in the slow mo stream which is still running,.
    1. JJ was an amazing influence on the park today. Long chat to Teixeira after the penalty
    2. Long chat with Big Mac on way back to half way after his 2nd.
    3. Loved Solly getting in their penalty takers face as he missed, with some choice words seen in slo mo!
    4. I cant count, but wanted the number 4 in my post, cos we dont see it very often.

What was said? I'd like to know how chris solly intimidates people? Haha great result and looking forward to actually being able to watch the highlights! COYR!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Days like today make it all worthwhile. Well done to Riga, the players and the support. Quality day.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

just seen the goals on C5.

the were well taken but some of the passes leading up to them were top class.

Igor the key here. Everytime we won the ball in midfield his first thought was to run in behind. Must make such a difference for the likes of JC and JBG to have that option. 3-4 times he came so close to being clean through on goal. Hopefully he can build up to full match fitness without a setback as I reckon he will have a huge impact on where we finish this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

iamdan said:

Just got back home from Rotherham.

Performance showed passion and good bits of build up play. Defence still shaky but great to see Igor, JGB and Mak play well.

Support was excellent, didn't shut up for 90mins and on the coach the whole way home...

Support from the stream sounded amazing, could hear all the chants sung from Charlton all match
    Support the stream. Not the regime!
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Watching via the stream I give huge credit to Riga. He set the team up to win.

It was a risk and I thought as a consequence at times we struggled defensively yet for me he clearly wanted the midfield to focus on playing forward. For much of the first half Cousins apart we could not get it right, JBG was largely ineffective for 40 minutes, Bergdich was very solid (just where in hell has he been before now) but more than once gave the ball away in dangerous areas yet they were all looking to create a threat and while a lot of passing left much to be desired you do not get to successfully change the focus of the side overnight.

Eventually the approach paid off and JBG showed why he his worth his place in the side. Cousins was twice the player we have seen in recent times with several probing passes and a decent run or two. Jackson did his job and showed what a difference a mature leader can make even if at times he struggled to influence the game as a player.

Defensively it did expose the two central defenders with nobody specifically mopping up in front of them most particularly when the Rotherham forwards dropped deep. Texiera and Lennon seemed to be unsure as to whether they to stay tight or drop off which created the indecision for the goal.

Henderson with two excellent saves, Solly with one great tackle and Fox were for the most part pretty solid.

Makienok simply showed how he can contribute if you bother to play him in the right system. With Gudmundsson and Bergdich offering consistent width and actually trying to turn defenders. It allows the guy the space to attack the ball. He simply does not the have the "instant" mobility to create space for himself. Few people of his stature ever do. He is not the finished article by any means but he showed no little ability and immense character to bounce back today and I am delighted he was rewarded for his efforts.

Vetokele is still off the pace but certainly put in a great shift and if he can keep that going it will be a huge boost to the squad. His appearances will need to be managed as we need to make sure we do not overload him.

What a lovely little cameo from the natural talent that is Lookman. Please handle him with care!

In truth there were times the game could have turned against us and we certainly had our nervy spells but fortune favours the brave and they got precisely what their commitment to the cause deserved.

Well done guys.

Agree with your views in pushing forward and being positive.
    jamescafc said:

Crusty54 said:

just seen the goals on C5.

the were well taken but some of the passes leading up to them were top class.

Igor the key here. Everytime we won the ball in midfield his first thought was to run in behind. Must make such a difference for the likes of JC and JBG to have that option. 3-4 times he came so close to being clean through on goal. Hopefully he can build up to full match fitness without a setback as I reckon he will have a huge impact on where we finish this year.
    Was the same last week with Igor - always looking to make the run into the channels or make the dummy diagonal run off the ball to create space and draw defenders plus making the opposition defence sit just that little bit deeper.

The players who have the ability to change games were fully aware of their need to step up and put it in and Jose Riga appears to know what needs to be said to fire the team up.

The biggest tests are yet to come against the better opposition but this improvement can only bolster confidence and reduce fear of playing the better sides.

Jose is easing us in the rght direction and there will be hiccups but things are getting better.

The current squad may just be good enough to stay up but we need a bit of luck in avoiding injuries.
  • Options
    Great day.

Team were brilliant, banners were a success and the travel was free ... brilliant!

Just seen Solly giving it to Clarke-Harris after the penalty, love it haha!
  • Options
    Can someone tell me how I can watch matches on stream
    Would be so grateful
  • Options
    Beckboy said:

We have been threatening to do that all season

I think you're confusing 'hoping' with 'threatening'.
  • Options

WE HAVE A THOUSAND THREADS TO TALK ABOUT PROTESTS, PLEASE KEEP THIS ONE TO GAME/ DAY / FOOTBALL, TA

The protest is part of the day for a lot of people.
  • Options
    Igor's hold up play was quality.