Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rotherham v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Before the game, I was going to post 'lose today at Rotherham and it's all over' Decided not to bother posting my negative thought.

After that today, if we can beat Bristol City next week. We will at least have a chance.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Lookman took his goal brilliantly, cool as you like, hope we manage to hold on to him, though I feel that he'll be gone in the summer.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Rob said:

Shame if people are indifferent. Today was brilliant. Support the team not the regime.

Unfortunately the success of the team will justify the regime.

Oakster said:

Rob said:

Shame if people are indifferent. Today was brilliant. Support the team not the regime.

I'd take that
  • Options
    Elated - only just looked at the score. Just pleased we've won a game.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Oakster said:

Rob said:

Oakster said:

Rob said:

But we'll be happy then and I'm OK with that. Bring on the wins I say.

and this is why the protests are on shaky ground, because all it will take is a few wins under the network manager & all is forgiven.....

Seen this sentiment a few times and couldn't disagree more strongly. The protests are not and never have been about the results.
    I don't agree. I think they go hand in hand. If we were pushing for promotion I don't think we'd be protesting.

• Options
    That was a Baileyesque penalty attempt!
  • Options
    Well played lads......watched on a stream. I thought we looked 'up for the fight' today, gave away some silly balls especially in the first half and luckily wasn't punished but overall I thought we thoroughly deserved it. Shame about the penalty but at least we went on to get 3 MASSIVE points!!!
    Well done to Jose Riga and co as well, I don't know what he has done to our boys but long may it continue!! I thought his substitutions were spot on today, I know we did not have any early injury dramas this week as we normally do but credit to him.
    Also how well did young AL take his chance? after just coming on, he looks a real prospect. How long have we waited for a 'clinical' finisher? It will be GUTTING if we lose him. Come on Ademola you know it makes sense, you want to PLAY football every week.............then stay with us!.......pppplllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssse.
    COYR......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah. The penalty miss was handy, and it was going to be a penalty all day long.
    I thought Lookman was offside from the TV, anyway I believe he scored from his only touch of the game.
  • Options

Sorry to piss on every ones fireworks
    Yes it was a great away win and a pressure game we just had to win but it was was Rotherham who with Bolton are the worse 2 teams in the league
    Yup even worse than us
    I do think Riga was the best we was going to get and I quite like the guy
    So prove me wrong and win the next 3

IMO the point you have missed ....... is that before Riga, we would have lost this match.

• Options
    _MrDick said:

19 Fulham 28 -5 28
    20 MK Dons 28 -18 26
    21 Rotherham 29 -18 25
    22 Bristol City 29 -23 25
    23 Charlton 29 -29 24
    24 Bolton 28 -22 20

Having seen how badly we've played all season, I'm amazed we're only three points from 'safety'
    We're one point from safety shurely?
  • Options
    Had a great stream with very good commentary great exposure of our banners and talk of the fans wanting the owners out

Teen wise looked to have more shape still a little bit shaky at the back but definitely something to work from
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Watched the stream. Feelings changed from trepidation to hope to disbelief to fear to exultation.

Shame big Mak did the old hand to his ear trick after scoring his first, although can't really blame him after the stick he gets.

Especially pleased for Mak (2 goals), Igor (he's back), Cuz (what a performance), JBG (two assists). But bollocks to too much analysis. 4-1 away. 4 bloody 1 bloody away. :smiley::smiley::smiley: Just gonna enjoy the feeling.

Proper coach makes a lot of difference.

Support the team. Bollocks to the regime. Love my Charlton.

Big Mak did the ear trick to the Rotherham fans after his second as well. JBG 3 assists
  • Options

If we had beaten this " its a poor Rotherham side " 1 nil then I could see the need to point it out we never though 1-4 is a good hiding not what you would have expected from us in the form we are in and the amount of goals we have shipped recently,

Exactly nla
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    unfortunately I missed the stream today, but to go to one of your relegation rivals for a six-pointer and get a result like that is superb.

very pleased this evening.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

There's just something about Riga isn't there.

Simplified the game for the team, worked on individuals' confidence, impressed upon them the need to work hard for 90+minutes.

A good friend of mine who works in the game said to me that sometimes you get a DNA match between a club and certain managers. Perhaps Riga's that.

Needed a win, got that and more. A decent February ahead - can he take us clear of the bottom 3?

The smile on his face at the end was so good
  • Options
    So glad we made the trip!
    Awesome!
  • Options

WE HAVE A THOUSAND THREADS TO TALK ABOUT PROTESTS, PLEASE KEEP THIS ONE TO GAME/ DAY / FOOTBALL, TA

This this this

Just enjoy Saturday night its been a long time coming, 4 goals away from home three strikers on the score sheet, and the confirmation that baileys pen wasnt a one off theres others who cant take them either, great save from Hendo really great save so much to enjoy
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Yeah. The penalty miss was handy, and it was going to be a penalty all day long.
    I thought Lookman was offside from the TV, anyway I believe he scored from his only touch of the game.

The defender in the centre was playing Lookman on.

• Options
    ross1 said:

Davo55 said:

Watched the stream. Feelings changed from trepidation to hope to disbelief to fear to exultation.

Shame big Mak did the old hand to his ear trick after scoring his first, although can't really blame him after the stick he gets.

Especially pleased for Mak (2 goals), Igor (he's back), Cuz (what a performance), JBG (two assists). But bollocks to too much analysis. 4-1 away. 4 bloody 1 bloody away. :smiley::smiley::smiley: Just gonna enjoy the feeling.

Proper coach makes a lot of difference.

Support the team. Bollocks to the regime. Love my Charlton.

Big Mak did the ear trick to the Rotherham fans after his second as well. JBG 3 assists
    Agreed and happy to be corrected.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I too thought that Lookman was offside but looking again it appears as though the Left-Back on the far side hasnt pushed up so is playing him on
  • Options
    Didn't watch the stream....so looking forward to watching it tonight on TV. Banners looked good as well, what we MUST NOT do is allow KM/RD to say we told you so...we are still a long way from where we should be and its of THEIR own making....I support JR and the team, but not the 3 stooges...RD/KM/RM. Well done to all that went and well done to the squad..............GET IN!!!