Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rotherham v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    DOUCHER said:

Oakster said:

Rob said:

Shame if people are indifferent. Today was brilliant. Support the team not the regime.

Unfortunately the success of the team will justify the regime.

Oakster said:

Rob said:

Shame if people are indifferent. Today was brilliant. Support the team not the regime.

I'd take that
    I wouldn't...

Get the regime out, it's poison to our club.
  • Options
    Just shows the quality of Lookman and how much the players rate him watch the goal when he gets put through.....Bergdych puts his hands up to celebrate before it even goes in!pure class!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Great result today couldn't make it myself but I did have representation there and I am reliably informed Big Mak was MOM. Well done to all the other hardy souls who made the trip and for getting behind the boys whilst letting the regime know that nothing has chanpged.

I am so pleased that the return journey will be much more pleasant than the recent sorties to Udders and Hull; COYRs.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Terrific result exceeding all reasonable expectations.

But is was only Rotherham United.

Next 5 games are matches we should (and must) get something from: Bristol C, Cardiff, Reading all at home and Fulham and Preston away. To be honest the Blackburn result at home last week was two points dropped, as far as I was concerned, although we were all so desperate to stop the rot that a draw felt like a win by comparison.

Final 12 fixtures.....the run-in.....are dire. That's the real challenge.

Good to hear the confirmation from Riga that Watt went because he couldn't be relied on to be up for the fight and Vaz Te may so depart for the same reason.

It was a team above us and we scored four goals away, so it more than a 'it was only'
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Terrific result exceeding all reasonable expectations.

But is was only Rotherham United.

Next 5 games are matches we should (and must) get something from: Bristol C, Cardiff, Reading all at home and Fulham and Preston away. To be honest the Blackburn result at home last week was two points dropped, as far as I was concerned, although we were all so desperate to stop the rot that a draw felt like a win by comparison.

Final 12 fixtures.....the run-in.....are dire. That's the real challenge.

Good to hear the confirmation from Riga that Watt went because he couldn't be relied on to be up for the fight and Vaz Te may so depart for the same reason.

It was a team above us and we scored four goals away, so it more than a 'it was only'
    A six goal swing on our / Rotherham goal difference today, another result like that next week against Bristol City would be great.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

_MrDick said:

19 Fulham 28 -5 28
    20 MK Dons 28 -18 26
    21 Rotherham 29 -18 25
    22 Bristol City 29 -23 25
    23 Charlton 29 -29 24
    24 Bolton 28 -22 20

Having seen how badly we've played all season, I'm amazed we're only three points from 'safety'
    A point, not three.
    two points
  • Options

_MrDick said:

19 Fulham 28 -5 28
    20 MK Dons 28 -18 26
    21 Rotherham 29 -18 25
    23 Charlton 29 -29 24
    24 Bolton 28 -22 20

Having seen how badly we've played all season, I'm amazed we're only three points from 'safety'
    A point, not three.
    two points
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    A fantastic result, I was dreading this weekend, I thought this match was going to end 1-1 hope we can build on this and beat Bristol next weekend.
  • Options
    Great result. Yes 'only' Rotherham but we can't be fussy, Mak and Igor both scored and it will build the squads confidence ahead of a few crucial games.

Frustrating that people have it in for Fox so much. He was trying to cover the CB's being out of position and gets blamed for being out of position himself for the goal.

Thought Riga gave a very good interview after the game too. His comments re Watt, Vaz Te and Oxford all spot on IMO.
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

Oakster said:

Rob said:

Oakster said:

Rob said:

I'd take that
    I wouldn't...
    But if the team is winning and Riga is controlling the football decisions what's the problem? Maybe they are learning and changing? Only time will tell

DOUCHER said:

Oakster said:

Rob said:

Oakster said:

Rob said:

I'd take that
    I wouldn't...

• Options
    One of the most pleasing aspects of this result was the fact that all 4 goals came from 4 strikers.

A massive massive win for us.
  • Options
    There you are KM - look what a bit of sound management can achieve - you should try it some time!
  • Options

That was a Baileyesque penalty attempt!

No it was even worse!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

_MrDick said:

19 Fulham 28 -5 28
    20 MK Dons 28 -18 26
    21 Rotherham 29 -18 25
    23 Charlton 29 -29 24
    24 Bolton 28 -22 20

A point, not three.
    two points
    Well, a point and 11 goals... :-)
  • Options

One of the most pleasing aspects of this result was the fact that all 4 goals came from 4 strikers.

3 strikers.... :-)
  • Options
    song for tonight then,,,, In the jungle, the quiet jungle, the lion sleeps tonight................ A win away, a win away, a win away, a win away. Great stuff , well done the lads COYAs
  • Options

3 strikers.... :-)
    Unless we give one of Mak's goals to Reza :smile:
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:

Does anybody actually know roughly how far away from full fitness is Bauer?getting him back contending with Lennon and Teixeira would be extremely healthy!

Watching the stream he was shown at the end congratulating Mak in a tracksuit. So not far away hopefully
  • Options

cafc_se7 said:

Does anybody actually know roughly how far away from full fitness is Bauer?getting him back contending with Lennon and Teixeira would be extremely healthy!

Watching the stream he was shown at the end congratulating Mak in a tracksuit. So not far away hopefully
    Possibly why Oxford loan was rejected? Wonder if they are trying to get rid of Sarr as well as Ceballos?
  • Options
    Funny seeing Powell again on the C5 FL show, on a day when Charlton won and Huddersfield lost...
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Everything's great then.

As AFKA says, "who cares?" We won!