Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rotherham v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Rob said:

Oakster said:

Rob said:

Shame if people are indifferent. Today was brilliant. Support the team not the regime.

Unfortunately the success of the team will justify the regime.

But we'll be happy then and I'm OK with that. Bring on the wins I say.

Really? You'll be happy with the current ownership as long as we get a few wins and stay up?
  • Options
    Rob said:

Davo55 said:

Oakster said:

Rob said:

Oakster said:

Rob said:

Shame if people are indifferent. Today was brilliant. Support the team not the regime.

and this is why the protests are on shaky ground, because all it will take is a few wins under the network manager & all is forgiven.....

Seen this sentiment a few times and couldn't disagree more strongly. The protests are not and never have been about the results.
    I don't agree. I think they go hand in hand. If we were pushing for promotion I don't think we'd be protesting.

Then I don't think you understand.
  • Options
    Posting without reading everything and didn't watch the game. And drunk. Not massively optimistic still, but whatever anyone says, under Fraeye we wouldn't have ever won any game 4-1. The slightest sliver of hope, and cautiously looking forward to our February games.

Support the team, not the regime.
  • Options
    @Fanny Fanackapan summed it up so well.
  • Options

Terrific result exceeding all reasonable expectations.

But is was only Rotherham United.

Next 5 games are matches we should (and must) get something from: Bristol C, Cardiff, Reading all at home and Fulham and Preston away. To be honest the Blackburn result at home last week was two points dropped, as far as I was concerned, although we were all so desperate to stop the rot that a draw felt like a win by comparison.

Final 12 fixtures.....the run-in.....are dire. That's the real challenge.

Good to hear the confirmation from Riga that Watt went because he couldn't be relied on to be up for the fight and Vaz Te may so depart for the same reason.

Hadn't heard Jose's words on these 2 but he has the ability to sum up a player so well & so quickly.

Our Special One.

• Options

Rob said:

Oakster said:

Rob said:

Really? You'll be happy with the current ownership as long as we get a few wins and stay up?
    No. I never said that. But, bring on the wins. Anyone who is not happy with wins does not support Charlton the way I do.

Being happy with the regime is a different story. Support the team not the regime and don't confuse the two.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rob said:

Davo55 said:

Oakster said:

Rob said:

Oakster said:

Rob said:

and this is why the protests are on shaky ground, because all it will take is a few wins under the network manager & all is forgiven.....

Seen this sentiment a few times and couldn't disagree more strongly. The protests are not and never have been about the results.
    I don't agree. I think they go hand in hand. If we were pushing for promotion I don't think we'd be protesting.

Then I don't think you understand.
    I totally understand thanks. Maybe you're the one who doesn't understand.
  • Options
    Quality and HOPE!!!!!

Fantastic... I couldnt even bring myself to read the match thread as I woke up this morning and was amazed by the result and the scorers .... quality...
  • Options

Just off the train , straight into my pj's & now CL ... you know how important it is for me to share my thoughts before I "switch off ".

My first away day by rail since the promotion game at Carlisle & all went to plan..Wadhurst, Charing Cross, St Pancras, Sheffield & on to Rotherham. Boy, did that wind test my hairspray today !!

Lunch with good friends in The Rhino with a free glass of wine ( wayhey !) & a brisk walk to the stadium to join 700 more of the faithful. As all concerned were saying, everything had gone to plan thus far - surely nothing could go wrong ?

And indeed it did prove to be one very special day which even our favourite man in the middle failed to spoil. Lots of familiar faces- some regulars and some not-but all, by 5pm with huge smiles on their faces. This is what supporting our Club is all about, lest we forget at times...

The game ? Well, I'm sure others have already pointed out that there wasn't one player in Jose's team that didn't earn his money this afternoon. Every one of our lads played their part. For the 2nd week running, Bergdich was a revelation, Guddy was almost back to his best of last season, JJ ran his socks off as usual but made some very important tackles too, Henders pulled off some great saves to keep us in front & the back four looked more stable than of late. But, whilst it's unfair to pick out individuals for praise ( it was SO a team effort today) our strikers did what it says on the tin - all THREE of them ! It's been a long time since we could make claim to that ! Indeed, it was a great performance from all our players ...although our no 22 must wonder whether he's ever going to make it further than the touchline. For the 2nd game running he's been ready, willing & able to step onto the pitch but the final whistle has blown before he's managed it !

Why, why and thrice times why didn't RD see fit to keep Jose in SE7 2 seasons ago ? Of course, hindsight is a wonderful thing but it was as plain as the nose on a certain puppet's face that he had something special ....and it was something our Club badly needed. All that wasted time, all those lost points, all that lost confidence & all those lost fans.....and even now, is there any guarantee that our owner has learned any lessons? That this won't happen season after season whilst he continues his bizarre & ruinous experiment ? If there is one thing that tempers the sheer joy of a day like today, it's the knowledge that we are still on a merry go round , but alas, one that all too frequently breaks down...

So, a weary Fanny has put a special day to bed & looks forward to next weekend's visit of the other Robins. The confidence that today's result has surely instilled in both players and fans should make it one to savour. And we need to be that 12th man that our CEO will invariably state made the difference today. But, please don't forget that apart from what's happening on the pitch & on the training ground, nothing has changed.

And, unless RD swallows his pride or maybe takes a walk along that road in Damascus, we could be here again this time next season...with no young Lookman among others likely to be sold to "balance the books".

Support the team under JR, NOT the regime !

You really ought to write a book of your CAFC experiences Fanny.

• Options
    Leggie said:

Can someone tell me how I can watch matches on stream
    Would be so grateful

It can be a frustrating experience, as you need to navigate through the ads, scams and frustrating buffering. Also teh virus risk is high. But th ebest thhing to do is use a link somebody else has provided when they say it works. That and hope it is half decent, rarely do you find a perfect stream but yesterday's was ok. Especially in teh second half.
  • Options

Leggie said:

Can someone tell me how I can watch matches on stream
    Would be so grateful

It can be a frustrating experience, as you need to navigate through the ads, scams and frustrating buffering. Also teh virus risk is high. But th ebest thhing to do is use a link somebody else has provided when they say it works. That and hope it is half decent, rarely do you find a perfect stream but yesterday's was ok. Especially in teh second half.
    Thanks so much will try what you say
  • Options
    I attempted the stream second half and I'm not sure if it's my pony internet connection or what but it was a bit too Norman collier for my liking so I gave up on it
  • Options
    What a magnificent result and hopefully one we can build on
    Well done to the travelling few for getting behind the boys and making some noise but even though it was late notice for free coach travel and we've been pony 739 is a poor number
    Big Mak cupped his ear to the away end and home end
    All 4 goals were nice moves and finishes , there is hope

35% Cos of Riga Mort is happy :-) 65% League One torture
  • Options
    Thought Solly was a bit of a Winterburn bell having a go at the fella who missed the penalty

http://youtu.be/isj77IJNZ2g
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    LuckyReds said:

For all those saying "only Rotherham"... We are "only Charlton". Look at the table lads... We did good.

Spot on Lucky Red.

For the people who didn't notice ?

That's our first win in 9 against Rotherham. (how many bogey teams do we have !)

and if we had lost, the trap door was about to open.
  • Options
    Great great win and 4 goals away from home aswell.Unfortuntely the regime have ripped the passion and soul out of me as i didnt even cheer or anything as the goals were going in.i did have a little smile thou when Ade got the 4th but that was it.i love this club and will continue loving this club when these horrible horrible belgians have efffed off.Support the TEAM not the regime.
  • Options

What a magnificent result and hopefully one we can build on
    Well done to the travelling few for getting behind the boys and making some noise but even though it was late notice for free coach travel and we've been pony 739 is a poor number
    Big Mak cupped his ear to the away end and home end
    All 4 goals were nice moves and finishes , there is hope

35% Cos of Riga Mort is happy :-) 65% League One torture

bloody hell !

Great day, great performance but I think the most pleasing thing was seeing all three strikers get on the scoresheet and JBG back to his best. That will be so important for us if we're to survive because a) we obviously need to score more goals than we have been, but b) it eases the pressure on the defence so much when the ball isn't constantly coming back because we've lost it further up the pitch.
  • Options
    Wow woke on Sunday with a smile on my face for first time in months. Well done to team,manager and travelling fans. Bring on Bristol!
    It's an old cliche but so true - let's take one game at a time.
    Support the team not the regime!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Oakster said:

Rob said:

Oakster said:

Rob said:

Have to agree totally with this. A few more wins and safety under the old belt and the protests / CARD campaign will naturally lose momentum and any impact it's starting to have. Then of course, 'they' will be in the position to turn round and stick two fingers up at us.

Of course I want Charlton to win and stay up, but I also desperately want rid of these Buffoons, it's a real catch 22! ! I fear that if the wish/desire for Charlton winning sees us stay up we have even less chance of getting rid of these imbeciles!!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    PS: Rotherham were a bogey team for me....I'd never seen us beat them. But now I've never seen us lose to them!! That bogey has been picked, rolled and flicked!