Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PROTEST - 2.30pm - WEST STAND CAR PARK - 12/12/2015

Comments

• And songs of "f*** off back to Belgium" - idiotically counter-productive. Depressing.
  • It's now time to get the ground filled with everyone wearing black n white. Let's do our bit to get behind the team and make our point at the end of the season by not renewing our season tickets
  • To get a chant started was hard enough never mind the content!
  • Wasn't at the protest and judging by the videos and what others are saying I'm glad I didn't attend. Heard some absolutely pathetic chants.
  • They certainly were not kids . Mainly in their twenties but quite a few middle aged blokes amongst them. Old enough to know better.
  • Yeah let's stop kids from coming. Jeeez

Happy for kids to come if they sit still and watch the bloody game!!
  • edited December 2015

Yeah let's stop kids from coming. Jeeez

Kids don't sit still. It's in their nature. They are kids. We are top heavy with pensioners at Charlton as it is. Looking at the people in the east stand today I would think the next thing will be Stanna stair lifts to get then to their seats.
    The more kids the better as they are our future support.
  • Sponsored links:

Kids don't sit still. It's in their nature. They are kids. We are top heavy with pensioners at Charlton as it is. Looking at the people in the east stand today I would think the next thing will be Stanna stair lifts to get then to their seats.
    I preferred your unedited version!

I'm not a pensioner but I'd be all over that

You can be so hurtful at times Beds :wink:
  • People moaning about the protests. I cant say I agreed with every chant but at least they are trying to make themselves heard. Better than the fickle lot who have decided not to attend games.
  • redman said:

People moaning about the protests. I cant say I agreed with every chant but at least they are trying to make themselves heard. Better than the fickle lot who have decided not to attend games.

Agree with this. Just worried that the chants will put others off. I want the protests to continue and will keep going to them but I was expecting more people today. I hate to think they will stop because I don't know where to go from there. Am guessing boycotting would be the next step but I just can't do that
  • edited December 2015
    redman said:

People moaning about the protests. I cant say I agreed with every chant but at least they are trying to make themselves heard. Better than the fickle lot who have decided not to attend games.

I wouldn't call it fickle. Perhaps people are just sick and tired of what's going on, or perhaps don't want to put their hard earned money in Rolands pocket.
  • The protest for the Bolton game will show what next season may look like. Well under 10,000 in attendance and the stadium two-thirds empty. No atmosphere and we will be able to gear the players swearing at one another.
  • No way can I support a poorly organised (IMO) & poorly disciplined demo. Timing is everything.

Went along with my black & white scarf, I'm in the N/W corner, only saw 1 other so that's disappointing. But I still believe turning up with black & white is the way to go on a regular basis. Keep any demo's for an occasional thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sample quotes 'referee, that's a dive, a dirty Leeds dive' 'Lino get your specs on' 'come on Solly get him, tackle him, TACKLE HIM' 'press up Charlton, come on'

Even his friend who has only been twice was up by the end.
  • redman said:

Agree with this. Just worried that the chants will put others off. I want the protests to continue and will keep going to them but I was expecting more people today. I hate to think they will stop because I don't know where to go from there. Am guessing boycotting would be the next step but I just can't do that
    The boycott is already happening, naturally, just look at all the empty seats. The people doing it just don't need to log on to the internet to tell everyone about it.
    Multiple like's
  • Leeds owner spoke to those protesting , telling them to get behind the team
  • sammy391 said:

Leeds owner spoke to those protesting , telling them to get behind the team

He's probably got Rolands football club handbook under his pillow
  • _MrDick said:

It's now time to get the ground filled with everyone wearing black n white. Let's do our bit to get behind the team and make our point at the end of the season by not renewing our season tickets

I agree, that's me from now on
  • Thank god I wasn't there for that chant. I would have probably missed the game through punching my teams' supporters that's f***ing disgusting
  • Are we talking about 1-2 youngsters thinking they are being funny with that chant, and it not taking off in anyway, or are we talking about about a large group of people chanting it? Personally would be very surprised if the latter, and if it is the former than its really not worth the headlines.

This always Had a risk of flopping I thought. It's easy for wind ups / anons to post on Twitter 'car park 2.30 Saturday' midweek and start the rumour chain going, but unless you have actual real people involved or some degree of attempted organisation trying to drive something, there is always that nagging doubt.

Whether it was 30 people or 300 or 3,000, sounds like Katrien was once again purposely standing in front of the glass window, laughing away with Leeds delegates, and sticking the proverbial two fingers up to Charlton fans.