Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PROTEST - 2.30pm - WEST STAND CAR PARK - 12/12/2015

Comments

• Having read through this thread, I ha e decided that the Trust is a waste of time.
    Apparently, we shouldn't protest because the club know we are unhappy. Surely, they only know that because we DID protest ?!
  • edited December 2015
    se9addick said:

razil said:

The issue that I think many have with @rikofold 's comments here is that

a) he can't claim to be posting from a personal perspective and then spend the next ten posts talking clearly (albeit "unofficially") from the trust's perspective

and

b) that if the trust is truly supposed to be the fans focal point in leading the charge to the owners regarding change (whatever form that may take) then reading the views of someone as apologetic and softly softly as @rikofold hardly inspires as the person representing us in front of our esteemed CEO. This might be unfair as I don't believe he's ever put himself forward formally as the voice of the trust but for better or worse that's how he comes across on here

On that note, where the f*** is Steve Clarke on Charlton Life, the biggest group of Charlton fans on the internet, and arguably greater in numbers than the trust??. @razil always put himself out there on here and never hid. The absence of Steve Clarke and the Ned Flanders approach of @rikofold hardly inspires confidence in the Trust for fighting our corner.

Personally I want the owners out, but even if I favoured a more tolerant approach then the way the trust are swallowing yet more vague promises of engagement etc would be disillusioning. I half expect someone from the trust to appear outside the West Stand on Saturday saying "I hold in my hands, a piece of paper.... " (actually that's just ridiculous because that would involve the trust communicating with the fans).

Thanks for the compliment (i think) although I recall you unless I'm mistaken, and some others still found a few things to complain about :)
    You didn't hide though and for that I respect you.

On that note - I have massive respect for @rikold putting up with all of this. Where is Steve Clarke?
    Charlton Life may be "the biggest group of Charlton fans on the internet" but it the number of regular users on here (whilst still pretty astonishing) is still a huge minority of our overall support. The number demanding specific members of the Trust board log in is even fewer.

As you'll know Trust board positions are unpaid and all members have jobs (and are entitled to a semblance of a family/social life apparently) which means that our limited resources need to be allocated appropriately. Having both Steve & @rikofold tied up answering questions on Charlton Life would be a poor use of those resources and would demonstrate terrible resource management.

For the record I've had about five emails in the last 24 hours from Steve on Trust related stuff so believe me he's extremely engaged in non-Charlton Life activity which sounds like the right call to me.
    That's all fair enough, and I appreciate all that and I will edit / tone down my SC comments. I shouldn't be questioning effort or commitment as I know how hard working everyone is and also how we're after the same thing - a successful club.

However I do find it hard to know what the trusts stance us on certain things when key members can make statements on here and then when challenged switch to the "its just my personal view" stance. That's fine of course, its a message board after all, but this switching back and forth across posts leads to an incoherent trust position.

It feels like it lacks leadership and a clear msssge *on here*, hence my, and seemingly others, frustration.
  • Someone on Twitter posted that they have just walked past Roland at the train station, which would imply that he will be taking in his one game a year this weekend.

If there's one time everyone is needed in the west car park...
  • I just walked past Elvis in tescos
  • edited December 2015

I just walked past Elvis in tescos

Purely reporting what someone has said on Twitter. He seems adamant it was him

Maybe Colin could confirm? He'll know if his dads in town you'd think
  • Don't speak a lot on this anymore, more of a reader than a poster but it was definitely him
  • edited December 2015

The issue that I think many have with @rikofold 's comments here is that

a) he can't claim to be posting from a personal perspective and then spend the next ten posts talking clearly (albeit "unofficially") from the trust's perspective

and

b) that if the trust is truly supposed to be the fans focal point in leading the charge to the owners regarding change (whatever form that may take) then reading the views of someone as apologetic and softly softly as @rikofold hardly inspires as the person representing us in front of our esteemed CEO. This might be unfair as I don't believe he's ever put himself forward formally as the voice of the trust but for better or worse that's how he comes across on here

Personally I want the owners out, but even if I favoured a more tolerant approach then the way the trust are swallowing yet more vague promises of engagement etc would be disillusioning. I half expect someone from the trust to appear outside the West Stand on Saturday saying "I hold in my hands, a piece of paper.... "

I don't want a trust that is having a meeting with the Captain in his cosy quarters while the Titanic is heading towards the iceberg the rest of us can see from a mile off, I want one that is shaking him by his collars telling him of the impending disaster. Not wanting to rock the boat is irrelevant when the whole boat is going to sink without changing course.

*edited to remove unnecessary bit questioning Steve Clarke's visibility as that's a separate point and also I don't want it to read as though I'm questioning peoples commitment. Appreciate the many unpaid hours you all put in, despite not agreeing with current direction.

I'm happy to try to offer honest answers from a Trust perspective where it's asked of me, but to be frank there are people on this forum who seem to insist that everything I write is either written on behalf of the Trust or is an opportunity to corner me on some minutiae that's intended to prove we're the devil incarnate.

As @SE9Addick pointed out, there's a lot of work going on behind the scenes but it's hard to offer a running commentary when you're trying to negotiate stuff - just as it's fairly impossible to achieve a diplomatic solution whilst you're hurling bombs into the city.

I don't really care how people see me personally, I'd be much happier in the background to be frank but I believe in what the Trust is trying to achieve - I know the board well and they are to a person talented and committed - and believe it's part of a bigger 'campaign' in which we all have different roles to play.

Finally, I can assure you that the suggestion we're fiddling whilst Rome burns just isn't true. Why supporters want to talk down any other group is beyond me, particularly those offering their own time to try to make a difference - but this is nothing but a caricature offered as part of the usual playground politics among fans. Let's put it this way: if you consider dialogue in the context of peace in Northern Ireland you'd never picture it as supping rum with the skipper. I'm not comparing this to that conflict of course, but my point is that the idea we're popping round for a nice cup of tea and a biscuit couldn't be further from the truth.

As for me, I'm collaborative and diplomatic by nature. That's just me. I'm probably not the person you'd call when you're lining up your molotov cocktails, I accept that.

*(EDIT: Ned Flanders!!!)
  • Crispy said:

Don't speak a lot on this anymore, more of a reader than a poster but it was definitely him

Interesting but on previous experience he may not stay for the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe it's time for Katrien's quarterly performance review.

They're always good at my work, we get biscuits.
  • Perhaps he's just over here to help Katrien carry out a thorough managerial appointment process... :-)
  • LouisMend said:

Maybe it's time for Katrien's quarterly performance review.

When the biscuits don't come out mate, it's time to start worrying :wink:
  • Crispy said:

Don't speak a lot on this anymore, more of a reader than a poster but it was definitely him

Surely even he, if arriving in London on a Thursday morning, no matter what he is up to, would plan to stay for a Saturday game at his biggest club that he hasn't visited in god knows how long?

Then again, this is Roland...
  • I doubt it, in and out visit in a day I would suspect
  • edited December 2015
    LouisMend said:

Roland has arrived with an emergency supply of extra chips so each portion can increase by 2%.
  • LouisMend said:

You review Katrien's performance at your work place on a quarterly basis? What every quarter of an hour you think she is still doing a crap job?
  • Waste of time him staying until Saturday, he's already paid upfront for his stream to watch the match, can't waste his money can he.
  • Crispy said:

Why would he want to watch the crap he dishes out to us.....why have a dog etc.?
  • cfgs said:

LouisMend said:

You review Katrien's performance at your work place on a quarterly basis? What every quarter of an hour you think she is still doing a crap job?
    Sounds like you'll need a cholesterol test too mate
  • Sponsored links:

• He has come to collect his Christmas cards.
  • clive said:

He has come to collect his Christmas cards.

Hello, Mr Duchatelet, it's reception at the Valley, can you pop in before the Leeds game, you're very popular as there are thousands* of Christmas Cards addressed to you.

*well, a few, apathy has kicked in these days
  • Waste of time him staying until Saturday, he's already paid upfront for his stream to watch the match, can't waste his money can he.

He wasted money on Loic Nego spo why not

• RedChaser said:

LouisMend said:

When the biscuits don't come out mate, it's time to start worrying :wink:
    Yep, I've turned up for a regular weekly 1:1 catch up my boss and knew it wasn't going to end up well when I opened the door and saw that the MD and HR Director had also kindly decided to join us. Pretty much confirmed to me when I glanced up and saw my boss's PA come back to her desk with my coat and a black plastic bag.

• Someone on Twitter posted that they have just walked past Roland at the train station, which would imply that he will be taking in his one game a year this weekend.

If there's one time everyone is needed in the west car park...

I don't think he'll be there to protest though?
  • Roland's probably been over to do some Christmas shopping..... hey Roland we need a manager!