Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PROTEST - 2.30pm - WEST STAND CAR PARK - 12/12/2015

Looks like there will be another protest on Saturday - it's starting to do the rounds on Twitter...

I'm all for it, but would urge fans to stay away from songs pertaining to gender and Belgium. They do us no favours and just give the club ammo.

Who'll be going?

Comments

• will be there!
  • might pop in for a look, with my black & white scarf on
  • See everyone there
  • Finally a protest I'm in London for, will be there.
  • Should be 2 chants only, IMHO

1 We want our Charlton back

2 We want a MANAGER (not a bleedin interim coach)
  • Will be there. Hope it is loud and not abusive.
  • As per Greenie above, I was at the first protest outside the West Stand for Wednesday, but now I will not be giving the club any more money.

I'm wondering if this (RD's ownership) is all just some sort of weird social experiment where they ask: "how bad can things get and people will still give us money?"

Well, I'm very sorry, but no more of mine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Such is my level of interest at the moment, I didn't even realise we're at home Saturday!
  • Greenie said:

Good luck everyone who does this, we were at the first one.
    But myself and the boys are voting with our feet this time..

If everyone did this, the club would be forced to deal with the situation as they simple could not afford to carry on. All the while everyone is happy to trundle into the ground wearing a black and white scarf, after singing polite songs in the car park for 15 minutes......nothing will change.
  • braydex said:

Greenie said:

If everyone did this, the club would be forced to deal with the situation as they simple could not afford to carry on. All the while everyone is happy to trundle into the ground wearing a black and white scarf, after singing polite songs in the car park for 15 minutes......nothing will change.
    I already have a season ticket (i know more fool me) so they already have my money and my "attendance". but i refuse to buy anything in the ground or club shop, thats my own personal protest as I used to be partial to a beer or 14 chips, do you think if every single season ticket holder boycotted, even though they already have our money, now next season or a home cup game would be another matter
  • We have to step it up. I agree- the only song we need is We want our Charlton back. Of course we will be signing to idiots who don't care. They should care as if they don't it will end badly for us and them.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll be there. As others have mentioned, nothing derogatory toward Belgium or KM just simple chants that get the message across.

• glickstein out (for old times sake)

I like it. Maybe We Want Pardew Out as well.

• braydex said:

Greenie said:

but how do they know the reason why you are staying away? for all they know/care you might have died. only when season ticket renewal comes round will they discover your apathy. in the meantime attend and protest.
    And send those bl**dy Xmas cards !!!!

• its simple these should be the songs

glickstein out

Retro - what's not to like?
  • braydex said:

Greenie said:

season ticket holders there is no point them not going as they have paid out for it, but dont buy anything in the ground and for fans like myself that buy my tickets on a match by match basis, i have been once this season, usually me and a couple of leeds supporting mates go this fixture, but this year none of us are bothering,
  • Hex said:

braydex said:

Greenie said:

..... but they've got my money for the rest of the season so what effect will me doing that have ?
    Because even if they have your season ticket money, they still rely on making a 'matchday profit' on food and drink etc. Also - if the team have to play in an empty stadium, perhaps the players themselves will start putting pressure on KM and RD to listen to the fans and change their ways. If JJ and other players can apply pressure on the powers that be to get shot of Tony Watt they can apply pressure on them to pull their heads out their backsides!!
  • If you have stopped going they have won,
    People have stopped going to Cafc over the last 60 years
    Because of lack of ambition.
    From the days when we sold Mike Bailey ,Billy bonds,Len Glover, Mike Kenning
    in the 60's. The only time we didn't sell players was The 1st half of Richard Murray's tenure. until Scott Parker 's Tantrum, when we had no choice.

The easy decision is to stop going.
    The hard one is to soldier on under this Bizarre management.
  • cabbles said:

I'll be there. As others have mentioned, nothing derogatory toward Belgium or KM just simple chants that get the message across.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to target KM, to be honest - just not on the basis that she's female or Belgian. The "she ain't a clue" chant is derogatory but it's not abusive.
    Agreed.

Fair game to target her for incompetence, as you would a 50 year old, slightly overweight, receding hair lined bloke from cumbria if he in charge!

Some go OTT on the gender/nationality stuff and some are put off protesting because they find it harsh as she's a woman - it's a strange mix IMO.