Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PROTEST - 2.30pm - WEST STAND CAR PARK - 12/12/2015

Comments

• will be there!
  • She 's certainly fair game, as she is as clueless as anything I can imagine. But we need to avoid gender bashing and Belgian bashing. The problems stem from an inflated egocentric millionaire who thinks he knows everything, and the inexperienced stooge he plugged into the club. Nationality and gender have nothing to do with it, and are a big distraction from the bigger picture.
  • Some suggested chants:

"What is your strategy?, what is your strategy?"

"We are not your children, we are not you children, la la la la...."

"Duchatelet, Duchatelet, you've buggered up our Saturday"

"THIS club, it's OUR club, it's OUR club, not YOUR club!"

See you there.
  • cabbles said:

I'll be there. As others have mentioned, nothing derogatory toward Belgium or KM just simple chants that get the message across.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to target KM, to be honest - just not on the basis that she's female or Belgian. The "she ain't a clue" chant is derogatory but it's not abusive.
    Agreed.

Fair game to target her for incompetence, as you would a 50 year old, slightly overweight, receding hair lined bloke from cumbria if he in charge!

Some go OTT on the gender/nationality stuff and some are put off protesting because they find it harsh as she's a woman - it's a strange mix IMO.
    I never thought Airman was a Cumbrian , well I'll be blowed :wink:
  • 14 pages on south eastern trains

2 pages on the protest. Lolz

To be fair the protest for the Sheffield Wednesday game had 24 pages.

Only so much you can say on what is essentially going to be the same thing...
  • cafcfan said:

its simple these should be the songs

glickstein out

Retro - what's not to like?
    The spelling?
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like there will be another protest on Saturday - it's starting to do the rounds on Twitter...

I'm all for it, but would urge fans to stay away from songs pertaining to gender and Belgium. They do us no favours and just give the club ammo.

Who'll be going?

I'll be there with my 'Belgian Women out' banner. ;-)

I'm still not going to attend this type of protest for the same reasons as before, but I urge the same thing Joe - stick to the message and avoid giving them any excuse to dismiss it.

It would probably help if someone was able to organise it a bit.
  • cabbles said:

I'll be there. As others have mentioned, nothing derogatory toward Belgium or KM just simple chants that get the message across.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to target KM, to be honest - just not on the basis that she's female or Belgian. The "she ain't a clue" chant is derogatory but it's not abusive.
    Agreed - she doesn't have a clue. I just mean the sofa up the arse reference etc doesn't help us get our point across in the best light
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

will be there!

I'll wait for you in the bar:)
  • rikofold said:

Looks like there will be another protest on Saturday - it's starting to do the rounds on Twitter...

I'm all for it, but would urge fans to stay away from songs pertaining to gender and Belgium. They do us no favours and just give the club ammo.

Who'll be going?

I'm still not going to attend this type of protest for the same reasons as before, but I urge the same thing Joe - stick to the message and avoid giving them any excuse to dismiss it.

What type of protest would you attend ?
  • rikofold said:

Looks like there will be another protest on Saturday - it's starting to do the rounds on Twitter...

Who'll be going?

I'd do it but I'm away with work over the weekend.

Tignes - could be worse :-)
  • See if you can get Damian Matthew there - he's having a moan up in the Evening Standard and offering JFH / QPR advice
  • PL54 said:

See if you can get Damian Matthew there - he's having a moan up in the Evening Standard and offering JFH / QPR advice

I saw this. Sort of odd story to link to a piece about the new QPR manager and our problems.
  • edited December 2015
    Keep it simple (as Chrissy Powell Chant)

Spell it out - Spell It out -Spell it out
    Spell it out - Spell It out -Spell it OUT
    Spell it out - Spell It out -Spell it out
    MEIRE SPELL IT OUT!!!!
  • How about the UB 40 song one in ten. I am the 2 per cent.

"One In Ten"

[Chorus:]
    I am the one in ten
    A number on a list
    I am the one in ten
    Even though I don`t exist
    Nobody Knows me
    Even though I`m always there
    A statistic, a reminder
    Of a world that doesn`t care

My arms enfold the dole queue
    Malnutrition dulls my hair
    My eyes are black and lifeless
    With an underprivileged stare
    I`m the beggar on the corner
    Will no-one spare a dime?
    I`m the child that never learns to read
    `Cause no-one spared the time

[Chorus]

I`m the murderer and the victim
    The licence with the gun
    I`m a sad and bruised old lady
    In an ally in a slum
    I`m a middle aged businessman
    With chronic heart disease
    I`m another teenaged suicide
    In a street that has no trees

[Chorus]

I`m a starving third world mother
    A refugee without a home
    I`m a house wife hooked on Valium
    I`m a Pensioner alone
    I`m a cancer ridden spectre
    Covering the earth
    I`m another hungry baby
    I`m an accident of birth.

[Chorus]

• edited December 2015
    dickplumb said:

How about the UB 40 song one in ten. I am the 2 per cent.

"One In Ten"

[Chorus:]
    I am the one in ten
    A number on a list
    I am the one in ten
    Even though I don`t exist
    Nobody Knows me
    Even though I`m always there
    A statistic, a reminder
    Of a world that doesn`t care

My arms enfold the dole queue
    Malnutrition dulls my hair
    My eyes are black and lifeless
    With an underprivileged stare
    I`m the beggar on the corner
    Will no-one spare a dime?
    I`m the child that never learns to read
    `Cause no-one spared the time

[Chorus]

I`m the murderer and the victim
    The licence with the gun
    I`m a sad and bruised old lady
    In an ally in a slum
    I`m a middle aged businessman
    With chronic heart disease
    I`m another teenaged suicide
    In a street that has no trees

[Chorus]

I`m a starving third world mother
    A refugee without a home
    I`m a house wife hooked on Valium
    I`m a Pensioner alone
    I`m a cancer ridden spectre
    Covering the earth
    I`m another hungry baby
    I`m an accident of birth.

[Chorus]

That'd be excellent
  • Sponsored links:

• "Johnnie Jackson's Black and White army"

I did enjoy the black n white army song at the Ipswich game. Quite powerful.
  • If you have stopped going they have won,
    People have stopped going to Cafc over the last 60 years
    Because of lack of ambition.
    From the days when we sold Mike Bailey ,Billy bonds,Len Glover, Mike Kenning
    in the 60's. The only time we didn't sell players was The 1st half of Richard Murray's tenure. until Scott Parker 's Tantrum, when we had no choice.

The easy decision is to stop going.
    The hard one is to soldier on under this Bizarre management.

So wrong in my mind. By going you are appeasing. Not to go is a step to driving them out.
  • braydex said:

Hex said:

braydex said:

Greenie said:

Good luck everyone who does this, we were at the first one.
    But myself and the boys are voting with our feet this time..

If everyone did this, the club would be forced to deal with the situation as they simple could not afford to carry on. All the while everyone is happy to trundle into the ground wearing a black and white scarf, after singing polite songs in the car park for 15 minutes......nothing will change.
    ..... but they've got my money for the rest of the season so what effect will me doing that have ?
    Because even if they have your season ticket money, they still rely on making a 'matchday profit' on food and drink etc. Also - if the team have to play in an empty stadium, perhaps the players themselves will start putting pressure on KM and RD to listen to the fans and change their ways. If JJ and other players can apply pressure on the powers that be to get shot of Tony Watt they can apply pressure on them to pull their heads out their backsides!!
    How do they make a profit on food and drink? I understood it is franchised out?
  • braydex said:

Hex said:

braydex said:

Greenie said:

Good luck everyone who does this, we were at the first one.
    But myself and the boys are voting with our feet this time..

If everyone did this, the club would be forced to deal with the situation as they simple could not afford to carry on. All the while everyone is happy to trundle into the ground wearing a black and white scarf, after singing polite songs in the car park for 15 minutes......nothing will change.
    ..... but they've got my money for the rest of the season so what effect will me doing that have ?
    Because even if they have your season ticket money, they still rely on making a 'matchday profit' on food and drink etc. Also - if the team have to play in an empty stadium, perhaps the players themselves will start putting pressure on KM and RD to listen to the fans and change their ways. If JJ and other players can apply pressure on the powers that be to get shot of Tony Watt they can apply pressure on them to pull their heads out their backsides!!
    Is that what happened with Tony Watt?
  • Hope all you guys are sending a Xmas card to both RD & KM stating your reasons for staying away.

You know it makes sense !

Why should I send Christmas cards to them?
  • Duchatelet, Duchatelet, Du-chat-elet. He buys a club, Fucks it up, Du-chat-elet.
  • I will be there. She has to know this isn't going away even if large numbers of our fans are.
  • edited December 2015
    waldo said:

Hope all you guys are sending a Xmas card to both RD & KM stating your reasons for staying away.

You know it makes sense !

Why should I send Christmas cards to them?
    Because you've been told to