Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PROTEST - 2.30pm - WEST STAND CAR PARK - 12/12/2015

Comments

• rikofold said:

kentred2 said:

rikofold said:

People can show they're unhappy AFKA, of course. For me I prefer to be part of something that has a constructive aim to it. I don't think the club are in any doubt how unhappy we are.

So what aim does the Trust have that is constructive for Charlton rather than Duchatalet and Miere? Nice cosy dialogue? The Trust should be leading the physical protest.
    Well I wasn't speaking for the Trust, but frankly the Trust has managed to get the dialogue that was the mandate of the public meeting, the October survey and the Trust AGM. It is a bit incongruous to then be leading "physical protests" as well (notwithstanding that we'd then be criticised for needing to be leading everything).

More to the point, why do you caricature dialogue as 'nice cosy'? Why on earth would it preclude addressing the issues that fans are protesting about?
    What ideas were carried forward from the trust agm? Lots of ideas of protests were debated, which ones have the Trust backed?
  • edited December 2015

rikofold said:

kentred2 said:

rikofold said:

People can show they're unhappy AFKA, of course. For me I prefer to be part of something that has a constructive aim to it. I don't think the club are in any doubt how unhappy we are.

So what aim does the Trust have that is constructive for Charlton rather than Duchatalet and Miere? Nice cosy dialogue? The Trust should be leading the physical protest.
    Well I wasn't speaking for the Trust, but frankly the Trust has managed to get the dialogue that was the mandate of the public meeting, the October survey and the Trust AGM. It is a bit incongruous to then be leading "physical protests" as well (notwithstanding that we'd then be criticised for needing to be leading everything).

More to the point, why do you caricature dialogue as 'nice cosy'? Why on earth would it preclude addressing the issues that fans are protesting about?
    Trouble is mate is whether it is addressing the issues fans are protesting about. We all agree that viewpoints are split, that people want different things, it is completely impossible to get right in an 'approach' sense etc. So I'm not digging out here.

But from the feedback from Steve's last meeting with KM, RM, the focus was on non-football relating committees; target 20k (which now seems to be a badly designed tick box Fans forum for a different night), a revisit of the Fans Forum, and some maybe potential strategic development group, which isn't really clear what would be diff from the Target 20k group.

All very admirable steps forward and all that malarkey, but nothing that challenges on the strategy and approach that delivers us Fraeye's, LePoint's, Bergditch's etc, or understanding who delivers that. Nor is it addressing the attitude that is displayed out to supporters. Or the feeling that attempts for an approved approach are not genuine.

Like when they announced over six weeks ago now that Fraeye "will take temporary charge of the Addicks’ first-team while the club undertake the process to appoint a Head Coach on a permanent basis." Lot of progress seems to have been made there in the 4 out of 6 defeats we have seen since, hasn't it?

Those are the reasons I suspect those standing in the car park on Saturday. Not for anything that the Trust rightly / wrongly seem to be focussing on.
    This part of the discussion arose from my expressing a personal view on why I wouldn't be present at the West Stand car park protest once again. As ever, people seem incapable of separating that from official Trust policy. People also seem incapable of recognising that isn't the same thing as saying it shouldn't happen. It's not for me.

I don't see how you can divorce football matters from, say, Target 20k since football results are a key driver for attendances. That's not to say that Target 20k will ever make football decisions for the club, but it might and should be able to influence an approach that will get the fans united behind it. No strategy is perfect, but certainly the current scattergun approach that sees the squad overhauled every year with another set of inadequate players isn't building attendances. What youngster wants to watch players they can't identify with? They will be lost. Is mid-table an aspiration that will reach 20k in the ground every week? And so on.

It's taken all year to get to where we are today. From the public meeting, various supporters meetings, the fans meeting, spell it out, West Stand protests, and so on. All have played their part, despite - as you observe - perhaps the most disparate viewpoints among Charlton fans (and some of the most disappointing in-fighting) in our history. Perhaps now is the time to focus on the things that unite rather than divide?

It's good that the club are finally entering dialogue, it may take a little while for that to become effective dialogue but from little acorns and all that. I agree that protests have hardly harmed those efforts and have helped bring some urgency, and the SIO campaign some focus. As Steve also said, now is the time for action not lip service - and we'll see shortly whether the club are serious about that.

(We seem to have digressed somewhat from topic).
  • JohnnyH2 said:

rikofold said:

Looks like there will be another protest on Saturday - it's starting to do the rounds on Twitter...

I'm all for it, but would urge fans to stay away from songs pertaining to gender and Belgium. They do us no favours and just give the club ammo.

Who'll be going?

I'll be there with my 'Belgian Women out' banner. ;-)

I'm still not going to attend this type of protest for the same reasons as before, but I urge the same thing Joe - stick to the message and avoid giving them any excuse to dismiss it.

It would probably help if someone was able to organise it a bit.
    It's obvious why the trust do not want to get involved, but why come on a forum and say you are not getting involved? If you have nowt to say regarding this, say nowt
    There I go forgetting the rules about not being allowed to post as myself anymore. Perhaps I can run all my future ones past you to make sure they're sufficiently Trust relevant?
  • JohnnyH2 said:

rikofold said:

JohnnyH2 said:

rikofold said:

Looks like there will be another protest on Saturday - it's starting to do the rounds on Twitter...

I'm all for it, but would urge fans to stay away from songs pertaining to gender and Belgium. They do us no favours and just give the club ammo.

Who'll be going?

I'm still not going to attend this type of protest for the same reasons as before, but I urge the same thing Joe - stick to the message and avoid giving them any excuse to dismiss it.

It's obvious why the trust do not want to get involved, but why come on a forum and say you are not getting involved? If you have nowt to say regarding this, say nowt
    There I go forgetting the rules about not being allowed to post as myself anymore. Perhaps I can run all my future ones past you to make sure they're sufficiently Trust relevant?
    Post what you like, no ideas what rules you refer to. But as a Trust member I ask you as a Trust Board member that we are still first Charlton fans and at this time should we as supporters show unity when wanting the best for our club and not dig one another out? Or do we need to put KM's feelings first?
    I wasn't speaking on behalf of the Trust, I was expressing a personal opinion and suggesting the protest would be improved with some organisation. Getting dug out for being on the Trust board I guess I accept in this strange time of being a Charlton fan, but it was a personal and constructive observation.

What happens on these threads is that the opportunists try to extract an official trust position out of every comment I might make, and whatever capital serves their purpose from the latest circular argument. We're not backwards in coming forwards but we're also not going to conduct a running commentary on Charlton Life of every single thing we do. We don't meet every week, we work full time jobs and have families.

I know this stuff is important, but we're doing what we've agreed with our members to do. If dialogue doesn't result in action then we will be doing something else but as we said at AGM we need to exhaust that option.

None of that means I'm saying the protests shouldn't continue. I'm just saying personally I won't be supporting this one. That's me Rich, not me CAStrust treasurer.
  • JohnnyH2 said:

rikofold said:

Who'll be going?

Bit harsh mate imo. You only really generate debate when people offer differing views. And @rikofold should be able to post his own views and not have them misinterpreted as Trust policy etc

Anyway, as Rich says, we are digressing
  • Anna Kissed wins the award for literally the worst 4 songs ever.

Will be there to have a ganders

Oh don't worry, i think I'm in the running, I can't get that tv ad tune with Joe Hart out of my head at the moment, you know the shampoo one, I think The song was by no more limits.

No no,
    No no no no,
    No no, no no
    No no ,
    No more Roland.

I might be a bit a bit out on my number of no's, or indeed the song might be a bit of a no no on Saturday.
  • On the other hand, Athletico's are brilliant! Although I would change the line in blame it on the Meire to she just can't tell us the truth. Comes together better I reckon.

Other than that small point :-), massive bravo. If you promise to sing them at the protest, you can count me in.
  • Sponsored links:

• rikofold said:

kentred2 said:

rikofold said:

Trouble is mate is whether it is addressing the issues fans are protesting about. We all agree that viewpoints are split, that people want different things, it is completely impossible to get right in an 'approach' sense etc. So I'm not digging out here.

But from the feedback from Steve's last meeting with KM, RM, the focus was on non-football relating committees; target 20k (which now seems to be a badly designed tick box Fans forum for a different night), a revisit of the Fans Forum, and some maybe potential strategic development group, which isn't really clear what would be diff from the Target 20k group.

All very admirable steps forward and all that malarkey, but nothing that challenges on the strategy and approach that delivers us Fraeye's, LePoint's, Bergditch's etc, or understanding who delivers that. Nor is it addressing the attitude that is displayed out to supporters. Or the feeling that attempts for an approved approach are not genuine.

Like when they announced over six weeks ago now that Fraeye "will take temporary charge of the Addicks’ first-team while the club undertake the process to appoint a Head Coach on a permanent basis." Lot of progress seems to have been made there in the 4 out of 6 defeats we have seen since, hasn't it?

Those are the reasons I suspect those standing in the car park on Saturday. Not for anything that the Trust rightly / wrongly seem to be focussing on.
    Spot on.
  • Protest load and clear. Miere is a legitimate target.
  • I support the trust.
    Anyway Saturday.
    The Sheffield Wednesday directors could be seen with Katrien through the window from the car park. If we assume Cellini will be there then we should invite the Leeds fans to join us.

We all agree, our owner's madder than your one.
  • rikofold said:

I don't doubt the club realise that fans are unhappy but how long have we gone on and on about 'meaningful' dialogue? IMO KM/RD are quite happy to placate the fans with a bit more dialogue about having dialogue. It's like the Emperor's new clothes tale - believeing that KM/RD are now starting a dialogue - but they're just stringing you along! THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES ON!

If we don't continue to protest then nothing will change - just yet another load of b*llocks about dialogue when it's never going to happen. 'We hear what you're saying', 'our door is always open'. FFS

I shall be there on Saturday at the protest, wearing my black and white scarf and not buying anything in the ground. I will hold up any poster / banner necessary, sing 'we want our Charlton back' etc so RM/KM continue to know that I am unhappy with them and not now placated by the sniff of a bloody dialogue. Get these useless f*ckers out before they totally destroy my club.
    Spot on
  • mrbligh said:

Sadly the trust have made themselves totally irrelevant. As has been earlier stated, they should be heading these protests. They should be fighting for the future of our club, using their numbers to force change. Instead they have nice quiet meetings with KM where she palms them a nice little sideways target 20000 swerve for them to get their teeth into. It's pretty sad to be honest.

I shall be at the disorganised no point protest and actually doing something to voice my concerns in a way km may understand. (And no I won't be screaming racist sexist songs just standing up for what I believe in)

Also spot on.

• mrbligh said:

Sadly the trust have made themselves totally irrelevant. As has been earlier stated, they should be heading these protests. They should be fighting for the future of our club, using their numbers to force change. Instead they have nice quiet meetings with KM where she palms them a nice little sideways target 20000 swerve for them to get their teeth into. It's pretty sad to be honest.

I shall be at the disorganised no point protest and actually doing something to voice my concerns in a way km may understand. (And no I won't be screaming racist sexist songs just standing up for what I believe in)

Well said that man. Cast,to me, are irrelevant. This protest and all the other protests are the direct action that we need to get RD and KM to change.

• Sponsored links:

• Good stuff... i'm there in spirit...
  • edited December 2015
    rikofold said:

JohnnyH2 said:

rikofold said:

JohnnyH2 said:

rikofold said:

Who'll be going?

Post what you like, no ideas what rules you refer to. But as a Trust member I ask you as a Trust Board member that we are still first Charlton fans and at this time should we as supporters show unity when wanting the best for our club and not dig one another out? Or do we need to put KM's feelings first?
    I wasn't speaking on behalf of the Trust, I was expressing a personal opinion and suggesting the protest would be improved with some organisation. Getting dug out for being on the Trust board I guess I accept in this strange time of being a Charlton fan, but it was a personal and constructive observation.

What happens on these threads is that the opportunists try to extract an official trust position out of every comment I might make, and whatever capital serves their purpose from the latest circular argument. We're not backwards in coming forwards but we're also not going to conduct a running commentary on Charlton Life of every single thing we do. We don't meet every week, we work full time jobs and have families.

I know this stuff is important, but we're doing what we've agreed with our members to do. If dialogue doesn't result in action then we will be doing something else but as we said at AGM we need to exhaust that option.

None of that means I'm saying the protests shouldn't continue. I'm just saying personally I won't be supporting this one. That's me Rich, not me CAStrust treasurer.

We asked for dialogue this time last year. They refused. 12 wasteful months later we are in the exact same (if not worse) position, negotiating for 'meaningful dialogue'. Now that we have this dialogue concerns are once again been deflected onto ludicrous pipe dreams (e.g. T20K) instead of addressing fundamental issues.

Have you seen anything to suggest they are/will be changing their approach? At what point do you say 'meaningful dialogue' has failed, we need to do something else?
  • Too many people using the protests to get there jobs back and/or feel like they are important again to CAFC. As a trust member i honestly can say i'm not happy at all with them and this Target 20k nonsense! we have bigger fish to fry and i thought the trust knew this.

Where at the woolwich meeting was it discussed the target 20k? it seems to have come from thin air and only benefits Rolland's pockets!

I will continue to protest about the bad decision making of the board. In my mind it isn't just KM and RD that is to blame, it is every level of management, the club is a joke.

• PL54 said:

waldo said:

Hope all you guys are sending a Xmas card to both RD & KM stating your reasons for staying away.

You know it makes sense !

Why should I send Christmas cards to them?
    Because you've been told to
    Thank you!
  • mrbligh said:

well said that man, spot on imo

• My protest is I am not going to the game.
    It is amazing that RD and KM can continue. I slightly understand RD as he owns the club and has money invested. KM is playing a major part in ruining the club. Unsuitable players, unsuitable managers, pathetic gimmicks, perceived apathy towards the fans. There is no confidence in management and she is the CEO who put the management there. She has to go before any recovery of confidence or even support for the club can begin.