Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PROTEST - 2.30pm - WEST STAND CAR PARK - 12/12/2015

Comments

• Never known protesters apologise to the people their protest is aimed at before.
    Only Charlton.

Actually it happened during the Valley Party campaign. Simon Oelman's wife complained publicly about some kind of abuse she laid at the door of Charlton fans. (The details are in @Airman Brown's book, I'm sure). So we sent her a huge bunch of flowers and made sure the press knew about it. By the time the Thames News film about the campaign, two days before the election, appeared, and included those local residents trying to brand us as hooligans, the game was already up, people had seen we were normal people like them, people they could vote for.

We weren't really protesting about Mrs Oelman's wife though were we. She wasn't a main player in our dissatisfaction. Sounds like the apologies and flowers were mainly for effect anyway.
    (Not that I'm moaning, given the outcome!)
  • Redskin said:

Uboat said:

Redskin said:

Support the team: that's our job.

Have you noticed how many people have taken voluntary redundancy in the last 18 months?
    Good luck to those of you still doing your duty, but don't be too surprised to look around and see that you are a dwindling band.
    Yes, I have noticed, as I have done any number of times over the last three and a half decades: at some point it will change, we'll be in the Premiership and I won't be able to see games because I don't have a season-ticket.
    Plus ça change...

You might well be right. I hope so. You can relax for now though, as we won't be troubling the premier league under this ownership.
  • Davo55 said:

_MrDick said:

It's now time to get the ground filled with everyone wearing black n white. Let's do our bit to get behind the team and make our point at the end of the season by not renewing our season tickets

I'm in the East - near the North Stand. I haven't seen another person with a black and white scarf on and people were giving me funny looks at mine.

I protested but was disappointed with the turn out. I asked people who I sit next to in the ground and they didn't protest as they see no point, it wont have any effect etc. Apathy. I don't think some of the chants helped our cause at all today.

And another thing! I'm sick of bloody kids being invited to the Valley. They sit just in front of me and don't watch the match, just keep going in and out and wont sit still. Drives me feckin mad. that's why I never had any. Thank god for contraception.
    Well, me and Davo junior are in the East stand block g and we're both wearing our black and white scarves @Arsenetatters. Will you be there on Tuesday? I'll come and say hello.
    Indeed I will @Davo55 ! I'm also in block G - down the front near the kids. Me and one other have the whole of row G to ourselves.
    I'm in row U so will come and say hello then @Arsenetatters. Can't resist a GG woman! :smiley:
  • Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

_MrDick said:

It's now time to get the ground filled with everyone wearing black n white. Let's do our bit to get behind the team and make our point at the end of the season by not renewing our season tickets

I'm in the East - near the North Stand. I haven't seen another person with a black and white scarf on and people were giving me funny looks at mine.

I protested but was disappointed with the turn out. I asked people who I sit next to in the ground and they didn't protest as they see no point, it wont have any effect etc. Apathy. I don't think some of the chants helped our cause at all today.

And another thing! I'm sick of bloody kids being invited to the Valley. They sit just in front of me and don't watch the match, just keep going in and out and wont sit still. Drives me feckin mad. that's why I never had any. Thank god for contraception.
    Well, me and Davo junior are in the East stand block g and we're both wearing our black and white scarves @Arsenetatters. Will you be there on Tuesday? I'll come and say hello.
    Indeed I will @Davo55 ! I'm also in block G - down the front near the kids. Me and one other have the whole of row G to ourselves.
    I'm in row U so will come and say hello then @Arsenetatters. Can't resist a GG woman! :smiley:
    ooo you are awful - but I like you! How will I know it's you? Men visit me there all the time!
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

_MrDick said:

ooo you are awful - but I like you! How will I know it's you? Men visit me there all the time!
    Well, as there's only two of you in that row I'll say something like "hello, I'm Davo" to both of you and hope for some sign of recognition! If you're wearing your black and white scarf too (I will be) that might narrow it down a bit. I'll come and say hi before the start if I'm there early enough. If not, at half time. Here's hoping for a win and some goals to cheer us up.
  • I'd like to hear something from the trust at this time of fans turmoil

Yeah something revolutionary, not just what Richard Murray tells you to say.
  • cafc999 said:

I'd like to hear something from the trust at this time of fans turmoil

How about another survey..??
    Well that would be a start!

If we could display a bit of unity, for example if we could establish whether or not the majority of fans want Roland out, it might get the ball rolling for action to be taken.
  • At least then we can dispel this 2% bollocks that she was spouting. If she wants figures we should give her some. Black and white!
  • Hex said:

Hex said:

Sorry, but I support the Trust at the moment. We asked them to enter dialogue and they are doing just that and it would make it quite difficult to visibly protest outside the West Stand at the same time. That doesn't prevent the rest of us getting organised with various protests as has happened at the last two home matches.

However, I am also looking for an early decision by the Trust on whether KM/RD are accepting the dire position their actions and management have put the club in and specifically have plans to remedy the situation. If the Trust believe that they are just being kidded along then they must disengage from the talks and publically join the protests. I know the Trust would like to play the long game but the current crises is so severe that it must be addressed now (not in 3 months time), even at the cost of temporarily damaging long term relationships.

I think this is how the Trust see it but can't come right out and say it - but I could be wrong !

10 days have passed since I posted this. I think the time for the Trust to make a decision is approaching at high speed !

The reason you didn't get any reply here is that this is CL, where probably 75% are not Trust members. If you are a member and unhappy with what the Trust is doing, drop one of us a line privately, where we can use our real names and know who we are talking with. That's reasonable, isn't it?

• Sponsored links:

• Tougher questions should of been asked at the meeting with Pinnochio
  • Idea: call the ticket office on monday and ask for a refund on tickets or season tickets, do it en masse it sends a message, I know they don't deserve it but they are the front line of the club
  • edited December 2015
    The problem is that we think as members of CL that we are the voice yet I know fans who have never been on CL or any other forum and are oblivious to the protests. They just turn up and moan about the football and keep coming back. We forget that we are a small minority on this site. We have to figure a way of getting the message across to those who don't do social media or forums. We are an ageing fan base and perhaps we have do something more radical during a game so these fans ( and the board) are able to take notice and i mean not only giving out leaflets and wearing a scarfs but a mass walkout during a game . This seems to be the only way to me which everyone in the ground will cotton on. This also must included not buying food or merchandise until further notice.
  • Hex said:

Hex said:

Sorry, but I support the Trust at the moment. We asked them to enter dialogue and they are doing just that and it would make it quite difficult to visibly protest outside the West Stand at the same time. That doesn't prevent the rest of us getting organised with various protests as has happened at the last two home matches.

However, I am also looking for an early decision by the Trust on whether KM/RD are accepting the dire position their actions and management have put the club in and specifically have plans to remedy the situation. If the Trust believe that they are just being kidded along then they must disengage from the talks and publically join the protests. I know the Trust would like to play the long game but the current crises is so severe that it must be addressed now (not in 3 months time), even at the cost of temporarily damaging long term relationships.

I think this is how the Trust see it but can't come right out and say it - but I could be wrong !

10 days have passed since I posted this. I think the time for the Trust to make a decision is approaching at high speed !

The reason you didn't get any reply here is that this is CL, where probably 75% are not Trust members. If you are a member and unhappy with what the Trust is doing, drop one of us a line privately, where we can use our real names and know who we are talking with. That's reasonable, isn't

No it isn't really, you use this platform to splurt what you see as the benefits of the trust, somebody asks you a difficult question and you go running for cover.

Get real face facts the club is in free fall and you guys want to talk about target 20000.

If it wasn't so f..Ing serious it would be funny.
  • Drop them a line ? Is the Trust that unaware of the current implosion at CAFC, that they need answers on a postcard.
  • Hex said:

Hex said:

The reason you didn't get any reply here is that this is CL, where probably 75% are not Trust members. If you are a member and unhappy with what the Trust is doing, drop one of us a line privately, where we can use our real names and know who we are talking with. That's reasonable, isn't it?

I did get a response, PA, to my original question - a confirmation from Rikofold - so I think you have mis-understood my point. I was merely updating my original assessment of the situation. The club has been seriously ill for some time but the last 10 days has seen it moved into intensive care.