Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PROTEST - 2.30pm - WEST STAND CAR PARK - 12/12/2015

Comments

• I am a lapsed member of the trust. Have never met any of them and so what I say next is not influenced by any personal connection.

I am sure the trust board is fully aware of the situation. I would imagine a number of them, perhaps the majority, can see what is happening and desperately want to take action. The problem is they can only act on a mandate from their members and it seems the majority of them want a dialogue first approach with the club. Until that fan base wakes up I can't see any anti Cafc board action from the trust.

If the trust action lead the protests without a mandate then that action could be seen by their members, and perhaps the legislation they work within, as an abuse of power.

We may have to wait for results to get much worse and relegation to be almost inevitable before the trust can take an active lead.

As a lapsed fan and former season ticket holder, mainly due to location and funds, I am not making any criticism of individuals of the trust. I personally would like them to lead supporter action asap. I simply think as a body they do not have the authority to do so at the moment. Just my thoughts. I could be completely wrong.
  • edited December 2015
    johnny73 said:

I am a lapsed member of the trust. Have never met any of them and so what I say next is not influenced by any personal connection.

I am sure the trust board is fully aware of the situation. I would imagine a number of them, perhaps the majority, can see what is happening and desperately want to take action. The problem is they can only act on a mandate from their members and it seems the majority of them want a dialogue first approach with the club. Until that fan base wakes up I can't see any anti Cafc board action from the trust.

If the trust action lead the protests without a mandate then that action could be seen by their members, and perhaps the legislation they work within, as an abuse of power.

We may have to wait for results to get much worse and relegation to be almost inevitable before the trust can take an active lead.

As a lapsed fan and former season ticket holder, mainly due to location and funds, I am not making any criticism of individuals of the trust. I personally would like them to lead supporter action asap. I simply think as a body they do not have the authority to do so at the moment. Just my thoughts. I could be completely wrong.

Well put and I am not a member either so do not have a copy of their constitution but within it I would hope that they have provision to call an EGM which they may wish to consider.
  • johnny73 said:

I am a lapsed member of the trust. Have never met any of them and so what I say next is not influenced by any personal connection.

On the contrary, as a Trust member, I am confident that the Board know their mandate to talk only goes to the point at which dialogue is no longer felt to be helpful to the club's cause, at which point they disengage. It is that point which I feel is approaching ever faster.
  • I think that point is now tbh
  • How bad do things have to get before things change for the better?
  • Be interesting to see if the protests are ramped up again at the Wolves game. Surprisingly y'day those in the core of the singing at Burnley just did the 'you b****** w****** get out of our club' only a few times.

Not one I would join in on, would've got behind a Roland out chant. But what it seems to point out is, as we are seeing more and more of, apathy
  • Coming up to 2 years since he took over in January 2014. Why does it feel longer than that? A lot of the fans are doing exactly what his political party name alludes to - Better seeking for alternatives than doing nothing in apathy.
  • Sponsored links:

Ok, we don't think it is. We think the time is most likely to be at the end of the transfer window.

That's based on experience from last year when responding to what we understood to be the general mood and wishes of the fans, we organised the Woolwich meeting.

What happened after that was that the results suddenly and unexpectedly improved. But more importantly from the Trust point of view, we started to get absolute pelters on here and other media from people asking how deluded and self important we were, just for setting up such a meeting. In one notorious case there was a person who actually spoke at the meeting, claiming to 'represent' another website because its administrator couldn't or wouldn't make it. But that amnesic two-faced approach was by no means confined to that indivdual.

Well we kind of knew that that's how football fans are, it's been discussed enough here that a few results are enough for a lot of people, but it did teach us to be ultra- careful about acting according to our mandate from our members.

@Hex I think I already wrote to you on here that we think it's important for the Trust to see what happens in the window before looking at changing our strategy and stance towards the current regime. On here we are all writing as individuals but on that point I know it's majority Trust board view, and it hasn't changed since we had that dialogue about three weeks ago. And I don't see it changing. The window opens in two weeks. For all I know we could have a new Head Coach on Monday. But if you still think our tactic is wrong drop us a line and tell us why. If people on here think that is elitist, cliquey or whatever, bear in mind that apart from it being disrespectful to our many members who don't read CL, this site is being actively monitored by the club.
    A lot of truth here.

However I know the mathematics will say differently, but I don't believe the transfer window is relevant, or even surviving in this division is relevant which anyway looks way beyond us.

Even if we stay up so what? It vindicates the behaviour of this regime?

It looks to me that we in the trust ought to start a fund to buy the club eventually (yeah I know), or to establish a new club from the ashes of the old one, and then to persuade the membership to forget about dialogue and declare all out and merciless war.

This regime are loading the club with debt, as a result we will be dissolved and the Valley will become housing as like as not. Our energy may as well be used to fight a florid, creative, destructive, and as dirty a war against this regime as we can.

There are ways to disrupt matches, to disrupt training, to undermine all who work for Charlton, to load costs onto the enterprise, to alienate the players, and to bring about points deductions.

Let us not die with a whimper but a bang.
  • this site is being actively monitored by the club.

And they can't even do that right. They still haven't got the message!!!
  • Please could someone point me in the direction of the survey that the trust got their mandate of "dialogue" from - ta.

Ok, we don't think it is. We think the time is most likely to be at the end of the transfer window.

That's based on experience from last year when responding to what we understood to be the general mood and wishes of the fans, we organised the Woolwich meeting.

What happened after that was that the results suddenly and unexpectedly improved. But more importantly from the Trust point of view, we started to get absolute pelters on here and other media from people asking how deluded and self important we were, just for setting up such a meeting. In one notorious case there was a person who actually spoke at the meeting, claiming to 'represent' another website because its administrator couldn't or wouldn't make it. But that amnesic two-faced approach was by no means confined to that indivdual.

Well we kind of knew that that's how football fans are, it's been discussed enough here that a few results are enough for a lot of people, but it did teach us to be ultra- careful about acting according to our mandate from our members.

@Hex I think I already wrote to you on here that we think it's important for the Trust to see what happens in the window before looking at changing our strategy and stance towards the current regime. On here we are all writing as individuals but on that point I know it's majority Trust board view, and it hasn't changed since we had that dialogue about three weeks ago. And I don't see it changing. The window opens in two weeks. For all I know we could have a new Head Coach on Monday. But if you still think our tactic is wrong drop us a line and tell us why. If people on here think that is elitist, cliquey or whatever, bear in mind that apart from it being disrespectful to our many members who don't read CL, this site is being actively monitored by the club.
    What happens if RD does not buy anyone during the window? Then no matter what anyone does it would be to late.

Why won't the trust ask the question to there members now as to what they should do next?

As reported by other members, the time has now come to apply pressure on the board.
  • edited December 2015

Please could someone point me in the direction of the survey that the trust got their mandate of "dialogue" from - ta.

There have been a number of surveys conducted by the Trust. There isn't a single survey. Each survey seems to have consistently put dialogue at the top of the agenda. The surveys will probably all be closed now and the Trust would have the data.

Also bear in mind, that they get their mandate from their members, though I'm sure that they also carefully look at the responses from non-members too.
  • Stig give yourself stig's post of the week
  • edited December 2015
    Stig said:

I do sympathise with The Trust because I think they will be damned if they do strive for dialog (because as others have said the likes of T40k are nothing but a smokescreen), and damned if they don't, because critics can blame them for not trying to communicate. More than that though, I sympathise with ordinary Charlton fans who have had to put up with too much shit for too long. I don't trust Duchatelet, I don't trust Meire, and I don't trust the others that support and advise them. They aren't interested in genuinely cooperating with fans. For them we are no more than a cash cow. A, sometimes inconvenient, cash cow. For me, the time when the Trust should have been striving for 'constructive dialogue' has long gone. If it wants to remain relevant as a fans organisation, the Trust needs to change tack and become the vanguard in organising fans' protests.

I don't want to knock everything the Trust is doing. I think the work that Prague and others have done over the Olympic Stadium issue has been magnificent, and I really do hope that the pressure is kept up on that front. However, winning battles abroad whilst effectively ignoring a far more important fight at home is folly. Come on Trust, get organising, get fighting, get right up the noses of Duchatelet and Meire. They are never going to take you seriously all the time you're sidelined with hopes that you might one day have a cup of tea and a chat with Katrien. But if the Trust started taking a lead on the protests, we might just have the influence for them to see that they are on a hiding to nothing. There would be no finer legacy the Trust could leave this club than to help rid it of this useless ownership.

Well said Stig, as I said elsewhere I am not a trust member but from what rickofold has said they only have a mandate which is three weeks on from their AGM to continue with a request for more dialogue and want to wait until the end of the transfer window. Things have moved on at a fast rate of knots since then and action for change needs to be brought forward from all quarters NOW including the Trust.

If a new manager / coach is appointed or even if not and Carol is removed with J E stepping up at the turn of the year it has got to be better than the status quo to enable the new man to have his say on player movements.

Far be it from me to tell the Trust board what to do but if I were on it I would call the officers together pdq with a view to an EGM of the membership where you can discuss a change of tack and get the necessary authority to start giving KM some grief.
  • Sponsored links:

• I agree with sethplum. We should turn on those who work for the club and support Miere.
  • rikofold said:

Hex said:

johnny73 said:

On the contrary, as a Trust member, I am confident that the Board know their mandate to talk only goes to the point at which dialogue is no longer felt to be helpful to the club's cause, at which point they disengage. It is that point which I feel is approaching ever faster.
    Ok, Trust hat on - this is exactly where we are. Our AGM told us to carry on, but we did discuss what we do if that dialogue isn't fruitful.

Fraeye apart the club can't do much until January. If we were to abandon a year's work and join the front line of protests today, a great transfer window leaves us where exactly?

I personally don't think fans need the Trust to be leading protests right now. I know when people are angry they look for anyone to shout at, but until it's clear to us that the club aren't prepared to hold sensible conversations we need to continue being the only people working at that aspect of influence.

We're not precious at who leads other aspects, and none of us should be. Joe is doing a brilliant job and we could do no better. Just make sure all protests are organised and people know what they want to achieve, because I doubt many fans see the point of a focus on songs about stds.

Nothing they have done so far has been sensible. Any conversation they have is lip service. Just how bad does it have to get???
  • End of January ? We'll be rock bottom by then with one foot in League 1. Why not go the whole hog, and wait till May?
  • All we need is a couple of wins and a few signings and Roland's fellatio crew will be back out telling us all how wrong we are to doubt this wonderful saviour of Charlton

This is the only positive for me oohaah. I think that we're rapidly approaching the point where a few wins are beyond us, and the last few remaining, shall we say Roland sympathisers are just about reaching breaking point.
  • edited December 2015
    Stig said:

I do sympathise with The Trust because I think they will be damned if they do strive for dialog (because as others have said the likes of T40k are nothing but a smokescreen), and damned if they don't, because critics can blame them for not trying to communicate. More than that though, I sympathise with ordinary Charlton fans who have had to put up with too much shit for too long. I don't trust Duchatelet, I don't trust Meire, and I don't trust the others that support and advise them. They aren't interested in genuinely cooperating with fans. For them we are no more than a cash cow. A, sometimes inconvenient, cash cow. For me, the time when the Trust should have been striving for 'constructive dialogue' has long gone. If it wants to remain relevant as a fans organisation, the Trust needs to change tack and become the vanguard in organising fans' protests.

I don't want to knock everything the Trust is doing. I think the work that Prague and others have done over the Olympic Stadium issue has been magnificent, and I really do hope that the pressure is kept up on that front. However, winning battles abroad whilst effectively ignoring a far more important fight at home is folly. Come on Trust, get organising, get fighting, get right up the noses of Duchatelet and Meire. They are never going to take you seriously all the time you're sidelined with hopes that you might one day have a cup of tea and a chat with Katrien. But if the Trust started taking a lead on the protests, we might just have the influence for them to see that they are on a hiding to nothing. There would be no finer legacy the Trust could leave this club than to help rid it of this useless ownership.

That pretty much nailed it for me.
    If the trust is to be recognised, then they need to put themselves on offer
  • There hasnt been a survey since just before the 'fan' meeting with KM that I am aware of.
  • razil said:

There hasnt been a survey since just before the 'fan' meeting with KM that I am aware of.

I don't think there has been anything since the 'fan' meeting TBH
  • I am a Trust member. I support the above. The gloves must come off.
    The trust needs to be behind and organising protests. RD and KM are ruining the club.
    Trust play your part in getting them out and getting our club back.