Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brighton v Charlton - Post Match Thread 2015/16

In a surprise turn of events, we went up 2 goals in the first five minutes.

Rather unsurprisingly, we then conceded 3.

Over to you...

Comments

• Surprising first 5 minutes. Thoroughly predictable result. How many games will we let 3 goals in this season. Can you bet on a team scoring 3 goals?
  • edited December 2015
    Damned if you do , damned if You don't for KF- does he park the bus as half time , does he keep it the same or does he go out attack ?

Red card hurt us , but again it was the early injury that put us on the back foot! Many positives to take from the game and of course many negatives!
    Still a long while to go in the season , and fortunately those above us aren't pulling away!
  • No surprise. Typical Charlton. 2-0 up. Bossed the 1st half and self destructed in the second. The early goal from Brighton. The sending off of Bauer. All in the script.
  • Sounded a lot like a Wigan away game a couple of years ago.

Hard defeat that, first half sounded so positive
  • Bollocks! Another kick in the teeth...more injuries and suspensions as well. But we can't keep conceding 3 goals every week and expect to get results
  • edited December 2015
    Very worried now, not only about our perilous league position, our sieve of a defence, but also which players might actually be available next week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Going to reserve judgement until hearing from those actually there and seeing the sending off. On the face of it though seems like everything went against us with injuries etc.
  • edited December 2015
    Brighton fan just texted me to say Stockdale was the difference.
  • edited December 2015
    Can we launch a protest about Keith Stroud.
    He is by far the worst ref I've seen and he seems to f us time after time.
    I said to my son before the game we would not get a result Just because he is the ref. At 2-0 I naively thought he would not matter.
    Well done Keith, it's all about you.
  • Bollocks! Another kick in the teeth...more injuries and suspensions as well. But we can't keep conceding 3 goals every week and expect to get results

Feels today that had Lennon not gone off injured and had Bauer not been sent off we wouldnt have conceded three goals
  • Rob said:

Can't blame it on the ref. We lost that. We were 2-0 up and we blew jot. No excuses.

Well the Red card has been described as doubtful?
  • Worried about the implications of this match -

Bauer suspended
    Injuries to our already paper thin squad
    Three goals conceded again
    A strong first half that Comical Katrien might use as an excuse to back Karel Smilie
    Back in the relegation zone

I have a horrible feeling we may look back at this afternoon's red card at the end of the season and see it as a defining moment of the campaign.

Positives? Sounds like Lookman's first half performance will help his price in the January sales.
  • Suspect the people that were there will take a lot more heart from the performance than the ones at home.

Looked like we played really well and the head injury/red card meant that we had to make several changes to a defence that was playing well up to that point.
  • Better than losing 3-0 at home.
  • Give Karel the pen to sign..
  • Sponsored links:

• We could have been 4 up but stockdale made some great saves. Lennon going off changed it all - Sarr and Ba were appalling. Second half was One way traffic and the red card ruined it.
  • I just knew it 2-0 early and I said to myself its going to be 3-2. I walked away from the computer at 2-0 and came back 5 mins from end and surprise surprise ! Been a Charlton fan too long I guess.
  • FT stats addicks first-:
    possession...................30% - 70%
    shots on....................... 5 - 7
    shots off....................... 2 - 13
    corners......................... 1 - 11

GOALS.......................... 2 - 3

• I suppose the only surprise is that we scored two.
  • Oh dear. Sounded very positive first half, and all went pearshaped in the second. How many games is Bauer going to be suspended for?
  • Been going since 1969, love this club, but hurting badly and can only see it getting worse.

Hate how our club make me feel now. Used to be proud to say I was a Charlton fan. Wasting a golden generation of youth talent too.
  • Text from my boy (13) who was there -

"First half we were by far the better side, Lookman was insane. Second half I've never seen a team dominate so much"