Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brighton v Charlton - Post Match Thread 2015/16

Comments

• We MUST get 4 points from the next two games. All is not lost. But its just so shit being a Charlton fan at the moment and has been for a while.
  • Lost 3-2 to the unbeaten side at the top of the table, with 10 men. RD out.
  • Rob said:

Can't blame it on the ref. We lost that. We were 2-0 up and we blew jot. No excuses.

Well the Red card has been described as doubtful?
    It's not just the red card, he does not protect players. In every game I've seen him ref against us he will let a player continuously foul without a booking. It's no coincidence when we play a team who rough us up and get no protection, we lose. We also lose players to injury.
  • Sponsored links:

• @Rob yeah I do know better so do one
  • Before the game most of us would have taken a 3-2 defeat at the unbeaten league leaders. What we need to do is play like we did in the first half against the crap teams around us in the table.

• Sadly no real surprise to seasoned Charlton watchers.

Expected nowt got nowt.
  • I don't blame KF because the players need to show more football intelligence, it would have been drilled into them at half time don't give them an early goal, keep it tight, shape etc

How on earth does Baur get himself into a position with the old cart horse Zamora where he had to bring him down and get sent off, Sarr isn't great but Baur has cost us the game in that moment.

As soon as we lost the momentum it was inevitable , they knew it, the players knew it and sadly everyone of us knew as well. I hope you enjoy the highlights tonight Roly you fooking twat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nicholas said:

@Rob yeah I do know better so do one

Yes mate. And you. My point was it's always easy in hindsight. Easy that.
  • I said at HT we would need 3 to win.
    Sorry, i meant 4.
    We snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
    having 3 injuries and a red card and some of our so called fans
    calling them all the names under the sun on the match tread !
    Stockdale's saves, to stop them going 3 or 4 down was crucial.

Too many fans have their own negative narrative now on CL and at the games.

I did demonstrate at the Wednesday and Ipswich game but didn't go today because i give 100% to the players and find it depressing now that others have a different agenda.
  • Rob said:

Can't blame it on the ref. We lost that. We were 2-0 up and we blew jot. No excuses.

Were u there. ?.....
  • Although not surprised with the result and not bad losing by the odd goal to the league leaders, With No luck (and we need shitloads) it really looks like relegation for us. I just hope Millwall are still in Div 3.

Be good to hear opinions of those that went rather than this thread simply turn into another Belgium bashing.

In the train a Falmer. Results like that relegate you. Missed the 3rd goal having a piss.

F off Charlton. Foff Roland. Foff Karel and F off Katrien.

What exactly was the second half game plan? Don't bother at all.

Just f off.

Game of two halves.

First half we were brilliant and probably should have been at least 3-0 up. Bauer's sending off completely changed the game and Brighton dominated from then on. With 10 men we defended quite well and at the 81st minute I thought that we might hang on.

We didn't deserve to conceed two goals late on and lose. No way. Definitely deserved at least a point I feel.

• Never expected anything from this but even with a player down you shouldn't concede three goals in one half. Really gutted as looked like we were going to get a bonus point or three. Still hurts to see us in the bottom three :(
  • For all the talk about whether to keep or sell Watt, it's in defence where we need urgent strengthening, Sarr looks all at sea while Bauer has now picked up 2 red cards for professional fouls.