Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brighton v Charlton - Post Match Thread 2015/16

Comments

• seth plum said:

Before the game most of us would have taken a 3-2 defeat at the unbeaten league leaders. What we need to do is play like we did in the first half against the crap teams around us in the table.

I must be a minority because I wouldn't have taken it.

We must be a minority of at least 2 then @seth plum!
  • Couldn't have been scripted better. 2-0 up at HT. Could have been 4. Concede early in 2nd half. CB red card. Hang on until nine minutes to go. Concede equalizer. Opposition go straight back. Get the winner. End of game. The perfect script. What's not to like.
  • I was surprised we took a 2 goal lead, I wasn't surprised that we had a man sent off, Sarr comes on and we let in 3 goals, he's a liability at the moment, I really hope with Bauer suspended that the coaching team work on him.
  • Deliberately injure Gudmundsson so he gets subbed... then try to do the same with Cousins minutes later to send us to 9-men and then Chris Solly gets stamped on...

Blinkers!!!
  • Rob said:

Can't blame it on the ref. We lost that. We were 2-0 up and we blew jot. No excuses.

Were u there. ?.....
    Eh. No. Blaming it on the ref is always an easy cop out. We lost because of us.
  • Shame Jacko wasn't playing because with him on the pitch and winning at H/T, he might I've guided our troops to victory. his a leader of men and we haven't got many of them.
  • ''But whatever I'm sure many of you will claim Michael Morrison would never have got sent off in that situation, that Tony Watt would have scored Reza's chances and that Chris Powell would have managed us to a glorious win and its all the fault of 'that bitch' Katrien, 'the puppet' Fraeye and the 'Belgian twat' Roland.''

Is that so far from the truth, I certainly agree we were far better off with Morro, Tony Watt and Chris Powell!
  • Sponsored links:

• Mate text me at 3.10 said you should have gone to brighton. Saw the score was 2-0 and text back we would lose 3-2. Forget the excuses we are bloody crap and deserve to go down.
  • I will try and add some comments here based on the way i heard it....we got off to a flyer .... Brighton didn't know about Lookman's pace and he surprised them. We had them worried every time we went forward in the first half and maybe could have been 3-0 up. However losing Lennon to injury in the first half I don't think made the difference, it was Baur's red card and the injury to JBG, added to some extremely poor reffing decisions coupled with a team, that from the start of the 2nd half, seemed to be dropping deeper and deeper (even before the red) that contributed to the defeat. However our paper thin squad does not give us quality or even experience of an few old heads on the bench who could come on and slow the game down..... we have no decent Plan 'B' when we have injuries.
    There is only one person to blame for that - RD - who refuses to understand you cant have such a paper this squad to play circa 50 games a season and hope to be challenging/performing. I have said on another thread everyone (in the main) can see the issue, but will RD change - no he won't.
    This to me is pigheadedness for the sake of it, and I still don't understand his reasons for it. I said on the opening comment on the match thread that Euell has said we have players lined up to come in.....well we need even more now (if true of course).
    What a disappointing end to what had started out as a surprising game.
  • Macronate said:

don't worry though, Roly is probably creaming in his Belgian Y-fronts at Lookman adding to his value.

cos that's what's it's all about isn't it?

I so wish I could say that's rubbish ...unfortunately it's almost certainly true.
  • For all the talk about whether to keep or sell Watt, it's in defence where we need urgent strengthening, Sarr looks all at sea while Bauer has now picked up 2 red cards for professional fouls.

Yep our defence used to be a strong point a few years back.I would hope we've already got target's lined up to sign early in January but we'll probably end up waiting for the loan window to reopen in February....
  • Rob said:

Rob said:

Can't blame it on the ref. We lost that. We were 2-0 up and we blew jot. No excuses.

Were u there. ?.....
    But if you didnt go how can you make assumptions it was the teams fault?
  • Hope this isnt bullshit...

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 7m7 minutes ago
    Fraeye reiterates that Lookman has indicated wants "long-term commitment".
  • Ouch. Like most I expected a loss but to be defeated like that is so hard to take. Ref was a complete homo, booking our players at any opportunity. I'd have to see the sending off again but he didn't look like the last man from where I was sat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope this isnt bullshit...

From his girlfriend?
  • edited December 2015
    Goodbye lookman in January. Not point getting attached. No doubt these will sell you.
  • Rob said:

Rob said:

Were u there. ?.....
    But if you didnt go how can you make assumptions it was the teams fault?
    So, for 90 minutes it was the ref who lost us the game. Sorry, I think that's sour grapes. We lost the game, not the ref. Of course that's my opinion and I'm leaving it there.
  • edited December 2015

Hope this isnt bullshit...

Does that mean ?
    Long contract, the money that's offered or other decent players coming to the club.

Or just the fact that he's already be tapped up by premier clubs ?

• So so proud of the effort our lads put in. They burnt out a wee bit. But you can't legislate for Keith Stroud who is a dishonest cheating criminal. I feel sorry for his mother to have such an arrogant son.
  • Sean St Ledger just been released from his MLS club - at 30 - he must be worth a look at to shore up the central defence?!