Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Shame for Russell
    Silly from Russell to try it or naughty from Bottas to squeeze him over on to the grass?
    Bit of both IMO
  • Options
    Great opportunity for Lando
  • Options
    I both hate and love Imola!!
  • Options
    Conversations between Russell and Bottas will be interesting when tempers have cooled. 
    Looking at it, it initially looks like it was Russell’s fault, but after watching a couple more times, does Bottas make a little double move? I can’t really decide.
    They’re both fucking angry though!
  • Options
    Conversations between Russell and Bottas will be interesting when tempers have cooled. 
    Looking at it, it initially looks like it was Russell’s fault, but after watching a couple more times, does Bottas make a little double move? I can’t really decide.
    They’re both fucking angry though!
    Isnt going to help that its the second time @ Imola that Russell has missed the chance of points

Even more so today as he was about to take ninth - As they've just said, going to be an interesting conversation between Toto Wolf and Russell after today as he's potentially fucked over both Hamilton and Bottas
  • Options
    Great opportunity for Lando
    Great start, come on
  • Options
    There's something about that second Red Bull seat...
  • Options
    Great recovery from Lewis, back up to 2nd. Pray Lando can hold on.
  • Options
    Great recovery from Lewis, back up to 2nd. Pray Lando can hold on.
    But its the car...
  • Options
    Mazepin spins, great comment from Horner on the commentary “I knew he wouldn’t let us down”
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mazepin spins, great comment from Horner on the commentary “I knew he wouldn’t let us down”
    Wasnt it Anthony Davidson who said that?
  • Options
    Get in Lando, brilliant 3rd place. 
  • Options
    You’re right mate, it was. Still funny though.
  • Options
    You’re right mate, it was. Still funny though.
    Savage but brilliant 😂
  • Options
    Well that was a fantastic race! One hell of a drive from Lando, McLaren bringing in Danny Ric seems to have really pushed him on. 
  • Options
    Fair play to Lewis, commentators were talking about whether Russell was to blame for Hamilton's incident when it happened

Hamilton post race: Yeah it was my mistake, there was only one dry line
  • Options
    Russell not happy with Bottas in his post race interview. 
  • Options
    Not able to watch at the moment - what did he say?
  • Options
    Not able to watch at the moment - what did he say?
    Said there’s a gentleman’s agreement that you don’t move when someone’s going past at that speed. Said they’d talk about it once they calm down but put the blame squarely on Bottas. Obviously Bottas had a different view as you would expect. 6 to 1 half a dozen to the other in my eyes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Russell got on the grass and his car speared left as a result, I don't think Bottas moved that much at all to be honest, the track goes left slightly at that point and he kind of drifts over to the right because of that, but there was room for Russell still and he decided to keep his foot in and its cost him. 

Should Bottas have moved further left? Maybe but that's not what formula 1 drivers do.

Surprised to see the Ferraris hold on to P4 and P5, that car really has no business being that high up
  • Options
    What happened to Perez?
  • Options
    What happened to Perez?
    He spun with no one near him a bit like Albon last year
  • Options
    Just read Toto’s comments on Russell and Bottas. Not sure how I feel about this and I think it depends on interpretation.
    He’s criticised Russell because of it being Bottas he was attacking - now if he means that because the Merc is so much better a car, then I kind of see his point, but that means no car should ever try to overtake a ‘superior’ one and that would be ludicrous. Also, in that case, Bottas could have conceded position and taken the position back when he got up to speed later.
    If Toto meant that he shouldn’t be attacking Bottas because he’s sort of a teammate, then I have a real problem with that. It’s bad enough that there are team orders in teams of two - if there are blatant team orders in teams of four, that’s a nightmare.
    I know there are all sorts of shenanigans going on with ‘partner’ teams, but this feels like Toto isn’t even trying to pretend anymore - and it sounds like a threat to Russell.
  • Options
    Just read Toto’s comments on Russell and Bottas. Not sure how I feel about this and I think it depends on interpretation.
    He’s criticised Russell because of it being Bottas he was attacking - now if he means that because the Merc is so much better a car, then I kind of see his point, but that means no car should ever try to overtake a ‘superior’ one and that would be ludicrous. Also, in that case, Bottas could have conceded position and taken the position back when he got up to speed later.
    If Toto meant that he shouldn’t be attacking Bottas because he’s sort of a teammate, then I have a real problem with that. It’s bad enough that there are team orders in teams of two - if there are blatant team orders in teams of four, that’s a nightmare.
    I know there are all sorts of shenanigans going on with ‘partner’ teams, but this feels like Toto isn’t even trying to pretend anymore - and it sounds like a threat to Russell.
    Yeah I feel the same... Russell has already stated he wants to prove he deserves that Mercedes seat so surely deserves the right to prove he can beat Bottas.

I think its a poor choice of words from Toto, especially as he's poorly deflecting away from the fact that Bottas should never have been under such pressure from a Williams in the first place, not to mention the fact that his team mate carved through the field from a similar position 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    100% Russell in the wrong. He seemed to imply Bottas should have let him overtake because the points meant more to him. Total bollocks, Bottas didn't have to make it easy and left room as per the rules. The conditions determined that passing there should not have been attempted. Russell needs to apologise. It isn't a bad thing to show you have fire in your belly, but when you are wrong you are wrong.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    100% Russell in the wrong. He seemed to imply Bottas should have let him overtake because the points meant more to him. Total bollocks, Bottas didn't have to make it easy and left room as per the rules. The conditions determined that passing there should not have been attempted. Russell needs to apologise. It isn't a bad thing to show you have fire in your belly, but when you are wrong you are wrong.
    Thats the only place where any overtaking was happening all afternoon...?

Russell was more wrong for the incident as he's been spooked by something potentially that hasnt happened - It looks like Bottas has focused more on sticking to the dry section of the track than leaving more than enough room rather than adequate room, as Russell said, they were battling for 9th half way through the race, not 1st on the final lap.

I'd love to see onboard camera from Hamilton overtaking Norris and Sainz to see how much room they left him in the exact same sections

• Options
    Toto and Hamilton have done brilliantly together and for each other. Mercedes have been unbeatable with them together. Maybe the last season they are full on together.