Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Sometimes, punishments don’t fit the crime. 
    Mazepin is in dead last, a full minute behind the driver ahead of him, and gets a 5 second penalty. What is the fecking point of that? Ludicrous.

Unrelated point, but he’s just not good enough. I don’t care how much money he brings in, his presence makes the sport poorer. Get rid of him.
    Trouble is what sort of punishment would be fitting for Mazepin that would be consistent for the other drivers as well.

Both a time or grid penalty would be pointless for this bloke

Maybe it should be points off the Super License, blue flags are such a basic rule, you shouldnt need reminding
    Definitely should be points against his license. You’d think it would be automatic. 
  • Options
    100 poles for Lewis now. Not the greatest last lap today but what an achievement.
    Got away with the wobble at the end of the last chicane
  • Options
    When you have a driver like Hamilton, Bottas is the perfect number two. He is decent enough to help you win the constructors but won't take too many points off your number one.
  • Options
    Bottas is a pretty decent driver but Hamilton is amongst the best ever and in post 2014 turbo era miles ahead of anyone else. A truly great driver. 
  • Options
    Another penalty point for Mazepin. Obstructing Norris who was on a flying lap.
    Slightly more understandable error than last week, but still a bit brainless.

At this rate, Haas won’t have the difficult job of explaining to daddy why his precious boy gets dropped because he may well pick up enough penalty points to be kicked out anyway.
  • Options
    He’s proper shit. I reckon my dog could driver better. 
  • Options
    He’s proper shit. I reckon my dog could driver better. 
    My dog “does” drive better!
  • Options
    How many penalty points does he need to be suspended 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many penalty points does he need to be suspended 
    12 in a year 
  • Options
    been watching Formula E on the telly .. those cars really shift and it's eerie just hearing a strange kind of whistling instead of an internal combustion roar as they streak along .. The Official Home of Formula E | FIA Formula E
  • Options
    been watching Formula E on the telly .. those cars really shift and it's eerie just hearing a strange kind of whistling instead of an internal combustion roar as they streak along .. The Official Home of Formula E | FIA Formula E
    They only look like they are really shifting. About 20 seconds a lap slower than F1 at Monaco.
    No sound and no atmosphere. As much as I like motor racing it's not for me. 
  • Options
    Wouldn’t be surprised if it isn’t too long before F1 becomes electric. Will be a few years yet but it’s always been at the forefront of car technology and a lot of developments in motorsport as a whole, filter down and benefit the passenger car industry.
  • Options
    Wouldn’t be surprised if it isn’t too long before F1 becomes electric. Will be a few years yet but it’s always been at the forefront of car technology and a lot of developments in motorsport as a whole, filter down and benefit the passenger car industry.
    Its popularity and therefore, its commercial pull will fall massively if it does.
    It will only go totally electric when the manufacturers have to move that way. 
  • Options
    2030 McLaren

Ref 29 1978 Crompton Milk Float
  • Options
    Its popularity and therefore, its commercial pull will fall massively if it does.
    It's inevitable that F1 will go electric sooner rather than later, I'd say by the end of this decade. Governments with green agendas forcing petrol/diesel off public roads will not allow F1 to continue using carbon fuel. And racing cars getting 7 miles per gallon from carbon fuel powered engines just will not be acceptable to a public forced to drive expensive electric cars
  • Options

They will have to move pretty quickly then - there's no going back from electric and F1, as others have said, is the technical development zone for what soon appears in road cars.
  • Options
    Another penalty point for Mazepin. Obstructing Norris who was on a flying lap.
    Slightly more understandable error than last week, but still a bit brainless.

At this rate, Haas won’t have the difficult job of explaining to daddy why his precious boy gets dropped because he may well pick up enough penalty points to be kicked out anyway.
    And now the useless prick hold Lewis up by not moving over under a blue flag.
  • Options
    Hamilton is showing why he's so good again today

Came out 5secs behind Verstappen after his pit stop and is making mincemeat of it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Merc surely banking on this being a two stopper? Perhaps didn't want to go ahead so they can be aggressive with a second stop later on? Otherwise I can't understand why they let Red Bull off the hook with that slow stop.
  • Options
    Bottas not doing himself any favours with the boss there. Already been told to let Hamilton through.
  • Options
    Bottas not doing himself any favours with the boss there. Already been told to let Hamilton through.
    And then comes in for a pit stop anyway??
  • Options
    And then comes in for a pit stop anyway??
    Brainless from Bottas. What point is he trying to make? All he did was demonstrate that he was wrong to hold him up. That might cost the team the race.
    Idiotic.
  • Options
    Cmon Russell, get past Alonso!!!!!
  • Options
    Get in Lewis
  • Options
    Merc surely banking on this being a two stopper? Perhaps didn't want to go ahead so they can be aggressive with a second stop later on? Otherwise I can't understand why they let Red Bull off the hook with that slow stop.
    One of these days, you lot on here will realise I know what I'm on about!
  • Options
    Cmon Russell, get past Alonso!!!!!
    Noooo, tyres gave up on him :(