Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Bollocks, I spoke too soon on the Ipswich thread

Practice and Qualifying have both been moved on Saturday as a mark of respect to Prince Philip's funeral

Means I'll have to watch both Charlton and Qually at the same time

FFS Charlton, why couldnt you change the kick-off time to 5:30pm, or have it on Friday!!!!! 😂

Just record it FA, in fact, if you have a Q box, you can record both at the same time and take the dog for a walk ........simples!
    or if you have virgin you can record both, plus another 4 things at same time as well as watching a 7th programme that you have recorded
  • Options
    Originally, Charlton and f1 qualifying were on at the same time.
    Now they’ve both been moved as a mark of respect to Prince Philip and they’re... on at the same time.
    It really isn’t a problem. What was everyone going to do about it if Prince Philip hadn’t died? 
    Maybe just do that!

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Bollocks, I spoke too soon on the Ipswich thread

Practice and Qualifying have both been moved on Saturday as a mark of respect to Prince Philip's funeral

Means I'll have to watch both Charlton and Qually at the same time

FFS Charlton, why couldnt you change the kick-off time to 5:30pm, or have it on Friday!!!!! 😂

Just record it FA, in fact, if you have a Q box, you can record both at the same time and take the dog for a walk ........simples!
    or if you have virgin you can record both, plus another 4 things at same time as well as watching a 7th programme that you have recorded
    Sky Q box is exactly the same.
  • Options
    How bad is Mazepin. Off at the start of FP1, off at the end  :D
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    How bad is Mazepin. Off at the start of FP1, off at the end  :D
    Well he's got consistency... I'm tempted to defend him a little bit as Schumacher did spin at Bahrain so the car must have its problems for both drivers to keep doing it, end of the day still there must still be a bit of driver responsibility
  • Options
    I do wonder how long the cheques outdo the car damage bills. It's clear the Haas is a horrible car to drive from any onboards but still. 
  • Options
    Great to see both Williams' into Q2 - Wont be surprised if Latifi out qualifies Russell today
  • Options
    Great pole from Lewis. Shame for Norris but he was well over the track limits. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Edit: wrong thread
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I'll ignore F1 news and watch the highlights wthout knowing the outcome. Only qualifying at the end of the day.
    Spoiler alert, Hamilton on Pole, Verstappen close behind but in front of Bottas, Vettel and a Ferrari fail to make it out of Q2, Haas and Williams make up the back 4 of the grid. 

No need to watch it now!
    You got Hamilton, Vettel and a Ferrari right.
    Verstappen and Bottas, you technically got right, but we all know you meant in 2nd and 3rd.
    You forgot about Perez and the Norris drama and you got Williams completely wrong.

5/10 Must try harder. 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Shame for Russell, was so close to making it into Q3 - Shows how good he is when needed...

Latifi was ahead of him from Free Practice 1, all the way through to the end of first Qualifying 
  • Options
    Great to see both Williams' into Q2 - Wont be surprised if Latifi out qualifies Russell today
    Shame for Russell, was so close to making it into Q3 - Shows how good he is when needed...

Latifi was ahead of him from Free Practice 1, all the way through to the end of first Qualifying 
    Russell is so much better than Latifi though. He did ok today, but when you said you thought Latifi might out qualify Russell, I thought you might be joking! 😂
  • Options

Russell is so much better than Latifi though. He did ok today, but when you said you thought Latifi might out qualify Russell, I thought you might be joking! 😂
    Yeah Russell made my comment look silly in Q2 in the end

Always felt during Free Practice that Rusell would eventually out qualify Latifi but after Q1 I had my doubts

Am glad for Latifi that he's doing better this year, he's pay driver but I like him
  • Options
    Lewis calmly delivering when it counts, Verstappen getting a bit ragged under pressure again. Old head wins again today. Great effort from Perez, pity about Norris. Will be an interesting race now, boot’s on the other foot in terms of Red Bull having a strategy advantage.

Where is the true pace of that Merc though? Such a big gap between Bottas and Hamilton, did Bottas underperform or Hamilton over perform? The team certainly sounded surprised to be on pole on the radio. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Its no secret but has been confirmed that there will be a Grand Prix in Miami as well as Austin next season... Miami has signed a ten year deal to be part of the calendar.

Further signs that the Americans run the Sport now
  • Options
    Its no secret but has been confirmed that there will be a Grand Prix in Miami as well as Austin next season... Miami has signed a ten year deal to be part of the calendar.

It's a huge market to tap into if they get it right, but until there's an American driver winning lots of races for an American team (that hasn't sold its soul to Russia) then they won't be interested. 

Jimmy Neckbeard driving a Chevy that's sponsored by the US Army, McDonalds and Target, now that's something they'll get behind!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

It's a huge market to tap into if they get it right, but until there's an American driver winning lots of races for an American team (that hasn't sold its soul to Russia) then they won't be interested. 

Jimmy Neckbeard driving a Chevy that's sponsored by the US Army, McDonalds and Target, now that's something they'll get behind!
    Dont forget the oval track!!
  • Options
    It's stopped raining apparently 
  • Options
    But looking at the Sky feed it's still raining. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah its going to make things interesting if it stays like this with just part of the track getting wet

• Options
    Alonso has already gone off... Mazepin isnt going to make the start line if it gets any worse
  • Options
    Alonso has already gone off... Mazepin isnt going to make the start line if it gets any worse
    They’re warming up the scooter.
  • Options
    Raining quite heavy now.
    First few laps will be interesting 
  • Options
    FUCK!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Shit, very rare mistake from Lewis, lucky to get back going 
  • Options
    Interesting now...
  • Options
    Shame for Russell
  • Options
    Shame for Russell
    Silly from Russell to try it or naughty from Bottas to squeeze him over on to the grass?