Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Qualifying is at 3pm tomorrow. We shall see where the teams are relative to each other then.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Apparently, the Mercedes were running with full tanks.

It would be a bit of a disappointment but also kind of hilarious if, after all the preseason talk of Mercedes being in a bad place and Red Bull being right on it, the Mercs were to turn up in Q1 tomorrow and just go 3 tenths faster than everyone else, as usual. There's something about that Red Bull team I just don't like. l've always been a fan of Perez, though, so hoping to see him have a successful season. Mind you, he's no closer to Verstappen than either Albon or Gasly, in today's timings at least.
  • Options
    Only team I think we can expect to be shite are Haas

They're putting all their efforts in the 2022 car arent they, so this years is the exact same as the last
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I'm hoping that McLaren come good and today was very encouraging with Lando right up there.  Always been a McLaren fan - be great to see them back in the top with Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull.  Apparently they've been quite creative with the design of the rear diffuser and its having a real affect on the handling.  Excited for qualy and the race - cars always look fantastic under the lights.
  • Options
    Interesting that Sainz is half a second quicker than Leclerc.
  • Options
    Really looking forward to this season. Naturally want Lewis to make it 9 but there's so much more going on to make it interesting.

Have everything crossed that I'll be able to go to Silverstone in July after missing out last year. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:

It would be a bit of a disappointment but also kind of hilarious if, after all the preseason talk of Mercedes being in a bad place and Red Bull being right on it, the Mercs were to turn up in Q1 tomorrow and just go 3 tenths faster than everyone else, as usual. There's something about that Red Bull team I just don't like. l've always been a fan of Perez, though, so hoping to see him have a successful season. Mind you, he's no closer to Verstappen than either Albon or Gasly, in today's timings at least.
    Watch Drive to survive on Netflix, Christian Horner does absolutely nothing to make me change my opinion of him! I think he’s a cock of the first order!
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Watch Drive to survive on Netflix, Christian Horner does absolutely nothing to make me change my opinion of him! I think he’s a cock of the first order!
    I read yesterday that even Christian Horner cringed at a lot of his scenes in the show when he watched it back - I quite like him, although think Red Bull's handling of Gasly and Albon has been shocking.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

I read yesterday that even Christian Horner cringed at a lot of his scenes in the show when he watched it back - I quite like him, although think Red Bull's handling of Gasly and Albon has been shocking.
    I haven’t seen any change across all 3 series, so he can’t have been that affected.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

I can’t work out if I like him or loath him... he’s so bloody smug though. I think it’s more the team culture and the way they tend to treat their number 2 driver. I can’t warm to Verstappen either, even though he’s clearly a brilliant driver. Much prefer Le Clerc or Lando of the younger, fast, drivers. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Addickted said:

I can’t work out if I like him or loath him... he’s so bloody smug though. I think it’s more the team culture and the way they tend to treat their number 2 driver. I can’t warm to Verstappen either, even though he’s clearly a brilliant driver. Much prefer Le Clerc or Lando of the younger, fast, drivers. 
    Yeah I'm certainly not a fan of the overall team culture @ Red Bull

George Russell looks more promising than Albon or Gasly but it would be interesting to see how Toto Wolf would handle him if he showed the same sort of form as those two in the Mercedes - Of course helps that Wolf is George's Manager
  • Options
    Wow, Tsunoda looks a bit special!
  • Options
    Get in!!... Mr Saturday does it again and gets the Williams into Q2
  • Options
    Sky have ads during qualifying now? I’m sure they didn’t used to?
  • Options
    Promising Q2 but can’t wait for the inevitable “HAM BOT VER” finish
  • Options
    Promising Q2 but can’t wait for the inevitable “HAM BOT VER” finish
    Almost.

VER HAM BOT
  • Options
    Looks like the Mercs have some work to do!
  • Options
    Certainly learnt my lesson with Formula 2 this evening, stopped watching the last three laps as the VSC came out and thought that Zhou was going to stroll to victory... Just seen the race down to the first corner on the last lap

Been some great racing today, going to follow it a lot closer now

• Options
    F2 is absolutely fantastic entertainment, this year's grid looks absolutely stacked with talent. 
  • Options
    Oh just go away Mazespin
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Go Lando
  • Options
    Been a good race so far. One for the purists a battle of strategy. Not sure what Merc are playing at with that stop for Bottas. 

Advantage Red Bull when all said and done, I think. 
  • Options
    Epic from Hamilton.

Verstappen in the best car. 

Still Sir Lewis did it