Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• edited December 2020
    What a fuck up by Mercedes, team put the wrong fucking tyres on 
  • What a fuck up by Williams, team put the wrong fucking tyres on 
    This comment probably belongs on the “Harsh on Williams today” thread @DaveMehmet
    😂
    😂😂 Edited! Such a shame for him though, he had it in the bag.

• Still trying to work out what happened there, did they put a mix of tires on by accident so Russell had to pit again? 
  • Well that’s the race ruined. We’ll just be watching two Mercs follow each other round all afternoon. 
    That’s the spirit.
    The whole interest in this weekend was with Lewis gone, Red Bull fast in race trim, and Leclerc and Perez on the fringes of the fight as well, we might finally see a genuinely competitive race. Well nearly all those factors gone we’re just left with two mercs again with no one who will get near. Right now looks like Russell will leave Bottas a few tenths a lap behind him just like Lewis does so we may not even get a Merc race.  I’ll be happy to see Russell win but I hoped we might get a bit of a race for a change. Now we’re just watching who manages their tyres better... again. 
    So watch further down the field then. Plenty going on down there.
    Yes but that’s the situation every week. My point is that first lap crash ruined what was going to make this weekend more interesting than usual. Formula one needs people fighting each other for the lead. Constantly having to watch the midfield battle for 2 or 3 points is like saying the fight between Villa and Southampton for 9th place in the Premier League is where all the excitement is. 
    Might want to be watching now
  • Well that’s the race ruined. We’ll just be watching two Mercs follow each other round all afternoon. 
    That’s the spirit.
    The whole interest in this weekend was with Lewis gone, Red Bull fast in race trim, and Leclerc and Perez on the fringes of the fight as well, we might finally see a genuinely competitive race. Well nearly all those factors gone we’re just left with two mercs again with no one who will get near. Right now looks like Russell will leave Bottas a few tenths a lap behind him just like Lewis does so we may not even get a Merc race.  I’ll be happy to see Russell win but I hoped we might get a bit of a race for a change. Now we’re just watching who manages their tyres better... again. 
    So watch further down the field then. Plenty going on down there.
    Yes but that’s the situation every week. My point is that first lap crash ruined what was going to make this weekend more interesting than usual. Formula one needs people fighting each other for the lead. Constantly having to watch the midfield battle for 2 or 3 points is like saying the fight between Villa and Southampton for 9th place in the Premier League is where all the excitement is. 
    Might want to be watching now
    😂
  • edited December 2020
    CAFCsayer said:
    Still trying to work out what happened there, did they put a mix of tires on by accident so Russell had to pit again? 
    Either a mixed set so softs from different sets, or maybe Bottas' tyres. I'm inclined to think it was Valterri's tyres as then when he came in, after they put on new tyres, then the front gunman started frantically waving and they took them off and put on a third set, I reckon they had a label on with a big GR on them
  • Come on George!
  • Woahhhh go on Russell! 
  • Brilliant George, back up to 3rd
  • Sponsored links:

• GWAN CHECO!!!!
  • Looks like Bottas had been left with his old tires on too due to the mix up... Not sure what they are playing at there
  • This is brilliant from George
  • Russell making it look like any one of us could jump in there and take a couple of points for Mercedes! 

(Of course we couldn't, but he's making it look pretty easy)
  • Mercedes just wanted to make Russell's job interview harder. 
  • Bottas must be absolutely fuming 
  • Now he’s got a fucking puncture. Now 15th
  • Poor George.
  • Wow, how's your luck
  • Sponsored links:

• Thats not fair.. Thats really not fair
  • Gutted for him
  • 18th to 1st. 

If Perez does not get a drive next season its criminal. 
  • I know most of us are British and cheering on Russell today, but I imagine pretty much all f1 fans around the world feel for him today.
    Unbelievably bad luck.
  • Ironically Mercedes fucking up Russell's tyres has actually made it worse for Bottas, as his tyres are now old and his brand new tyres ended up on Russell's car. And now a puncture for George and amazingly yet again isn't currently in the points.

Perez going to 18th on the first lap and coming to win this race, I wonder what the odds were at that point
  • I know most of us are British and cheering on Russell today, but I imagine pretty much all f1 fans around the world feel for him today.
    Unbelievably bad luck.
    I really hope he gets another chance next week 
  • Can’t remember the last time I was this angry at a sport. That’s me done for the race and probably the season. 
  • Come on George, get that 10th place.
  • Come on George, at least get a point
  • Funnily its Williams who have screwed Russell here in a way as it was their driver who forced that Safety Car