Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Am cynical about what happened at Mercedes
    Why... If they wanted to screw up Russell's race they could easily have done so without losing the win for Bottas

Had Bottas not been in the same fucked up pit stop then I might agree
    Seems I am not the only one
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    If I was Mercedes, I'd quite like to look at Russell in the next race. Hamilton can't win the number of wins in a season record now so I reckon he won't be busting a gut to get back. There isn't much point. Bottas might like to see Hamilton back as losing to him does him less damage. I reckon Russell will drive for Mercedes in the next race.
  • Options
     Nice to see George Russell doing so well in his first start in the Mercedes - it certainly is a good car and the engineers have done a great job. Must be a significant advantage driving this car?
  • Options
    Having slept on it, as much as I’m sure George is absolutely gutted that’s still an unbelievable drive that he can be proud of. To even end up top 10 after what happened is some achievement. Surely he’s in that merc by 2022 latest. 
  • Options
    Having slept on it, as much as I’m sure George is absolutely gutted that’s still an unbelievable drive that he can be proud of. To even end up top 10 after what happened is some achievement. Surely he’s in that merc by 2022 latest. 
    It's such a good car as George and Lewis have demonstrated.
  • Options
    I would have thought that this weekend has proved everything Mercedes hoped it would and that you're right and he will be in the car within 2 years. Hamilton has probably only got a year or two left at Mercedes. Assuming he wins another championship to take the outright record he'll then have the luxury of retiring, trying his luck at Ferrari, or even trying a different series. Mercedes will have hoped that George could step in to replace Hamilton as their next potential champion, and that certainly look a real possibility. In a perfect would I imagine they'd want Hamilton and George together for 1 season (probably 2022, both Hamilton and Mercedes will want him to get the record next year, and Bottas as a partner makes that more straightforward) so Hamilton can pass his knowledge on.
  • Options
    Am cynical about what happened at Mercedes
    Why... If they wanted to screw up Russell's race they could easily have done so without losing the win for Bottas

Had Bottas not been in the same fucked up pit stop then I might agree
    Seems I am not the only one
    If they wanted Bottas in front of Russell they could easily have left the latter out when that second Safety Car happened

Bottas would have come in, would have been on fresh tyres and right behind Russell for the restart, we'd have seen one outcome which would have been

(1) Bottas
    (2) Russell
  • Options
    He is young. His ambition has to be to get himself in a position where wins are ten a penny. He went a long way towards that yesterday. He shouldn't be too down. In some ways the race gave him more opportunity to impress even more than a procession would have.
  • Options
    I believe Hamilton's deal with Mercedes runs out next year. Seeing as he has won everything going & beating all the records I think it's time he really tested himself. Sign for one of the lesser teams & see if he can win with a Suber or a Renault. He doesn't need the money so let him pit his wits in an inferior car - that will see how good he really is.
  • Options
    I believe Hamilton's deal with Mercedes runs out next year. Seeing as he has won everything going & beating all the records I think it's time he really tested himself. Sign for one of the lesser teams & see if he can win with a Suber or a Renault. He doesn't need the money so let him pit his wits in an inferior car - that will see how good he really is.
    This year... He hasnt signed a new deal yet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's a one year deal with an option for a second with Lewis. With the rule changes for 22' to come too maybe one season under them, set the bar at 9 WDCs and go out in style.

For me the biggest question is who's alongside George when Lewis eventually retires? I just don't see Verstappen in the environment Toto has built at Mercedes and I couldn't see them getting Leclerc out of Ferrari because Charles wants to be a Ferrari WDC in memory of Jules Bianchi.
  • Options
    Spoilt rich boy posts video on Snapchat... has to offer apology. 

What do Haas do? They need his Dad's cash. 
  • Options
    Hmmmm - he's got previous as well from what I remember. His dad is also apparently well in with the Russian mafia so good luck with the Haas HR team in dealing with that one.

As such, I'm sure this will be brushed under the carpet, and the F1 community can get back to Lewis Hamilton's trousers or whatever else he has done that has annoyed someone.
  • Options
    Probably just press talk but didnt anyone see that both Bottas and Russell have removed Mercedes and Williams from their Instagram or Twitter bio's (cant remember which) - Of course its started some mini speculation that we're suddenly going to see a change in drivers for next year
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Probably just press talk but didnt anyone see that both Bottas and Russell have removed Mercedes and Williams from their Instagram or Twitter bio's (cant remember which) - Of course its started some mini speculation that we're suddenly going to see a change in drivers for next year

It triggered quite a good response from MercedesAMGF1 Instagram though:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIjSMRplH10/?igshid=7dpglnaxukhg

Whoever runs that account has good humour haha

• Options
    Hamilton back in the Merc this weekend.

Gutted for George, felt like Mercedes owe him one after that colossal fuck up last weekend. 
  • Options
    Hamilton back in the Merc this weekend.

Gutted for George, felt like Mercedes owe him one after that colossal fuck up last weekend. 
    Damn thats a shame, deserved another drive like you say after last week
  • Options
    I don't know but am guessing that if Hamilton was to win another title next year, he might retire. He seems to have so many other interests. I do think that something that may motivate him to go on would be a Ferrari drive in 2022. Of course they would need to be competitive, but it would be icing on the cake and what a wonderful cake.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really feel sorry for Bottas with regards to Russell

Find it really disrespectful to him the way the media keep asking about George taking his seat for next year

As Russell has pretty much just said on Sky F1

Its up to the media to create those headlines, yet leave the drivers out of it
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Abu Dhabi disappoints yet again. They really need to make changes to this track.
    This track provides more fuel to the “f1 is a procession” argument than anything else imo. 
    The trouble is, the Emiratis put so much money in, the FIA can’t afford to piss them off, but they surely have to get them to make changes.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    This track is just awful for a finale. I'd love for them to go back to Interlagos for the final round but money talks it seems. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    This track is just awful for a finale. I'd love for them to back to Interlagos for the final round but money talks it seems. 
    Absolutely. The problem is, it’s an absolutely fantastic venue for a finale. As far as facilities, location, pre and post race activities, entertainment and general atmosphere overall, it’s outstanding. 
    Literally the only thing wrong with the place is the track.
  • Options
    Most boring race of the season.]

Why on earth did Hamilton not let Russell take his seat today? He clearly wasn't fit enough himself to put any kind of challenge in.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Most boring race of the season.]

Why on earth did Hamilton not let Russell take his seat today? He clearly wasn't fit enough himself to put any kind of challenge in.
    Worried that Russell performing well gives Mercedes more negotiating power over Hamilton?
  • Options
    Abu Dhabi track is so boring 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I don't know but am guessing that if Hamilton was to win another title next year, he might retire. He seems to have so many other interests. I do think that something that may motivate him to go on would be a Ferrari drive in 2022. Of course they would need to be competitive, but it would be icing on the cake and what a wonderful cake.
    Why?
    Ferrari are no longer the cult F1 outfit they once were by a long way and aren’t the ‘must drive for them to prove myself’ team.
    Ask any F1 driver which team they would most like to drive for and I doubt a single one of them would say Ferrari.
  • Options
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz