Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post match views Charlton 0-3 Preston

Comments

• Luzon says he doesn't know how long Kashi is going to be out. Why not? Don't you speak to your medical staff?

Something very dodgy going on there methinks.

I wonder if we'll find out the full/true story?
  • We need someone to come along and buy us first... Its not like selling your house where you'll get a ton of interested buyers.

In addition, the fact that seats are empty show how unattractive we are at the moment because there is no profit in it for anyone
  • edited October 2015

I would just like to apologise to RedM for not thanking him for the updates last night. I'm sad to say I stopped following precedings after the third goal.
    SO RM, thanks....I really admire your resolve! !

I'm a bit stunned really and not sure what I want to happen, after our goodish start I certainly wasn't getting carried away but was looking forward to a "competitive " season in the championship, which I would have been quite happy with but it seems like we are in for another miserable season struggling to even stay in this league! ?
    I just hope something positive can happen in the next month or so.
    Whatever happens Charlton will still be my club I'm afraid........through thin & thin! !!!!

COYR

Thankyou at @charliewright1, very kind of you to say so...it was difficult to keep going...just wish the bloody players would, oh and RD/KM keep going...out the f'ing door!!!
  • Have been against Luzon from the off - ability/experience etc - but doubt any manager at our level could work miracles will the hand dealt to them by the Belgian. RD will continue to throw a succession of managers to the dogs, knowing this will appease angry fans for a time. But long term we have no hope under this regime.
  • edited October 2015
    Anyone want to post the JJ footage, where he says they want to do it to reward the fans, or something similar? Not digging out JJ, just the miserable state we are in.
  • Love how people dont think that RD wants to get us in the top flight... Makes you wonder how he fucked up with St Truiden last season then!!
  • Waited until the next day to post

We were diabolically shite

That is all
  • The club needs a total overhaul IMO, from the board to the playing/coaching staff.
    its hard to back a club who dont seem to give a shit about anyone but themselves.
  • Sponsored links:

• When will we reach rock bottom? A 3-0 home defeat against a bottom 3 side and only a shot on target is pretty dire but sadly I think worse is ahead.
    Last night's game was like a bad dream - it truly was a horror show. This is a club in crisis run by a man with a plan that nobody understands that plainly doesn't work.
    For the first time in my life I no longer want to watch Charlton play - it's just embarrassing watching a team so lacking in fight(I can forgive lack of ability if the team at least look like they're ready to battle).
    Changing the manager won't make the slightest difference if another clown is appointed which will obviously be the case - RD is certainly stubborn.
  • Love how people dont think that RD wants to get us in the top flight... Makes you wonder how he fucked up with St Truiden last season then!!

I'm sure he'd want to; I highly doubt he knows how to.
  • Luzon got to go can't blame injuries last night Preston had just as many injuries as us.he is not up to the job out of his depth jumping up on down on the touch line.Riga the only manager showed any promise. Stop wasting time get curbs back.With jacko working along side him to learn the ropes for future.
  • Home in Welling before the final whistle blew...words can't express just how bad that was tonight, not seen much worse in 35 years, feel sorry for Luzon as he can only work with the tools he have and I'm pretty sure that if most of the bench were actually fit tonight then they'd have played.

Where to begin, 3 left backs starting, one on the right wing...

Fingers crossed Henderson is back Saturday cause pope needs to be taken out the firing line, both full backs were poor, Solly is a shadow of the player we know he is.

Ba was terrible as was Sarr...THD not ready yet and KAG isn't a championship forward (not their fault though), Watt and Cousins tried hard but had nothing else out there and Diarra did ok for me. Big Mak needs to come straight back in.

The bloke from Everton is a total waste of space

I'll be back Saturday cause I love he club and whilst I have he hump now I'm still convinced we'll turn things round and finish just under mid table come the end of the season....really hope Guy is given decent backing and that we can get a far stronger side out come sat

Bumpy ride though...

Totally agree with this, saves me waffling on
  • LouisMend said:

LouisMend said:

LouisMend said:

I spoke to Guy at FT, have a listen.

I ask him if he's worried about his future at the end.
    You need to be asking bigger questions than this. And not to Luzon.
    KM and RD don't don't do the post match managerial interviews.
    As a paper, you clearly have better access to her than fans. Journalism also extends beyond interviews. Nothing wrong with writing an article is there?
    Both the papers I've written for in the past as a freelancer have had KM interviews in the last week or two, conducted and written by their full time staff.

News Shopper, who I have volunteered for the past, had the two part interview written by Louis Sealey the new sports editor.

South London Press, who every now and then chuck me a couple of wuid to write a match report for, had KM quotes in today's paper about Luzon's future, written by Rich Cawley.

Tonight I was paid by BBC London to provide a post match interview with the head coach. That's all I could do tonight - and I asked tough questions - including why, injuries or not, we've only had two shots on target in two games.

But it's still obvious as to why isn't it. Didn't realise you weren't allowed to critique the owbership of the club in match reports.
  • People asking for the return of Curbs (I even heard it from people sat near me in the stands last night) - this lot in charge have no knowledge or interest in the clubs past. Until we have new ownership, it will be more of the same played out to a near empty stadium. Nice pitch and Academy though.
  • In the end I felt sorry for the players and manager last night. I don't personally think there was a lack of effort.

But the team is very poor and should NOT be matched with such superior opposition.

I would hope that the younger players not suited to this level of football are not put through this humiliation again.

Personally I would prefer to fall out the league with some dignity.

• Will Curbishley even want to return... Even if we spoke to him and he turned us down; Curbs surely wouldn't beat to the media that he'd held talks with us (Its not his style), so we wouldn't hear anything that way, KM could come out and say that we've spoken to him but 99.9% of fans will complain that its a lie.
  • Sponsored links:

• The club needs a total overhaul IMO, from the board to the playing/coaching staff.
    its hard to back a club who dont seem to give a shit about anyone but themselves.

Well, the coaching and playing staff are being pretty much overhauled every season or so.

As for the board.......
  • edited October 2015
    I said at the time that if you were a neutral watching that and didn't know either of the teams, you would be forgiven for thinking it is a cup game, with a team 2 leagues above completely dominating a much lower side. The frustrating thing is I feel that quite a few players really did give it their all, some are nowhere near good enough, some just don't have the stamina/fight in them. A lot of the players looked absolutely knackered from about minute 60.

The key issue for me was how much effort it took for us to get an attack on goal in comparison to them, they seemed to all attack as a unit, and defend as a unit, we seemed to have players just lazing about during attacks and defence. The way Preston held their formation and pushed up in that unit, using the full width of the pitch, really punished us.

If we were playing favourites for promotion I wouldn't have been massively concerned, as Preston did play good football, the issue is they aren't one of the better teams in the league, and they absolutely dominated us.

Makienok coming on really did make some difference, we were able to win those balls in the air, and bring the ball down, I didn't think that we had any attacking threat at all before that, with our main attacks coming from Fox and a couple of other central players. The balls going into the box were pointless before that as no one actually could get on the end of them.

I would like to see Reza have a go, KAG is a league 2 player at best at the moment in my opinion, although I'm not claiming Reza is necessarily better, I would like to see how he has developed in the last year (?) since he put on a Charlton shirt.

All in all, we have a playoff squad, if there is not one single injury, the moment there is an injury we are very, very weak, and 3-4 injuries in, we become a squad battling relegation.

The fault for this, for me, lies squarely at the feet of the owners. We need new additions, possibly even a new manager, I have no love or dislike for Luzon, but I believe in the dead cat bounce concept we seem to have had a few times now. I joked that we should just have 10 managers a season, giving each one 4-5 games each, and we would storm the league.

I would rather watch us play in League One, than watch us play as poorly as we are at the moment. There is no real continuity at the club, look at the player turnover, I have made a thing recently of going through the Calendars (mum gets me one every year at Christmas) and looking at how many of the players we actually have by the end of the year. Very, very few. That may be football, but we are creating a club for journeymen players, who view their time at Charlton as nothing more than a steppping stone/a transitional phase in their careers...

How excited would you be playing for a club like Charlton as a professional, if it was called, say, South London Reds or something like that, I know I wouldn't really care. It's worrying, and it really does make me worry for the future of our club.
  • We need more Nobbys and less Nabys.
  • Huskaris said:

All in all, we have a playoff squad

Honest question. On what basis do you come to that conclusion?
    I just think with our first 11, we really do have a strong squad. If you could get Henderson back in that would be a massive start to be honest. I think with Henderson, Gudmundsson, Kashi etc we really would have a proper squad that could challenge. Just my opinion based on how I saw us play at the start of the season.
  • Huskaris said:

Huskaris said:

I just think with our first 11, we really do have a strong squad. If you could get Henderson back in that would be a massive start to be honest. I think with Henderson, Gudmundsson, Kashi etc we really would have a proper squad that could challenge. Just my opinion based on how I saw us play at the start of the season.
    A good start the season is fine. But when you look at all their pedigree and passed exploits,mostly at a much lower level than the championship, you start to realise they're probably not all that.
  • Huskaris said:

Huskaris said:

This is what keeps me going at the moment (actually I'll always keep going so the first part is meaningless)... For me we showed that we've got class when we brushed aside Queens Park Rangers and Hull, those games weren't flukes and we certainly deserved to win the latter without needing a 98th minute goal.

We've been in this situation before... We lost a staggering amount of games on the trot in our first Premier League season in 1998/99, ultimately we were relegated that year (so probably not the best example) but we still ended the rot then
  • edited October 2015
    just another random thought.....but it can't just have been us who knew exactly where the free kick was going in the second minute....they had 2 men in the wall and Solly just stood next to them and let them part so that the fella could pass the ball in.

I'm assuming the wall is down to the keeper, so whilst he takes some responsibility, it's also up to the players in the wall to bully the oppo and not give them such an easy ride, we should've had a man behind them both - it was blatantly obvious what was about to happen

simple sunday morning stuff that