Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post match views Charlton 0-3 Preston

1789101113»

Comments

• Missed It said:

The first goal was just begging to be scored. We sit behind the goal and it was clear the wall was set up wrong, not covering the right side of the goal properly and he was stood way too far to the left. Really poor. If Pope is going to give every team a goal start we are heading straight for League One. Henderson can't get fit soon enough and Pope can't get his P45 soon enough either.

I've seen a lot of shit football at the Valley down the years, but we made Preston North End (with 8 points and no wins since August) look like Bayern Munich. I can't even be bother to be angry about it anymore

Exactly the same as against Huddersfield
    Correct. Same mistakes with nothing being learnt. If I can see it why can't the keeper ?

He's supposed to be the professional, not me.
  • Not there last night. Seen 4 or 5 games this season. This squad is significantly better quality than we have had for a number years (although I still have massive reservations about S Mak). What is happening on the pitch at the moment has nothing to do with Roly or Katrien or the fact we are owned by Belgiums. We need a new coach/manager asap. Preferably British with a 20 - 30 years experience of playing and coaching at this level and available to start immediately. Surely Peacock can discreetly confirm if he is interested and he could be in place before the start of November.

Edit. Just reread my post. I am talking about Curbs not Peacock as next manager.

It's quite surprising how you can get so much wrong, in just a few lines.
  • Not there last night. Seen 4 or 5 games this season. This squad is significantly better quality than we have had for a number years (although I still have massive reservations about S Mak). What is happening on the pitch at the moment has nothing to do with Roly or Katrien or the fact we are owned by Belgiums. We need a new coach/manager asap. Preferably British with a 20 - 30 years experience of playing and coaching at this level and available to start immediately. Surely Peacock can discreetly confirm if he is interested and he could be in place before the start of November.

Edit. Just reread my post. I am talking about Curbs not Peacock as next manager.

Or in one line.

Or in one line.
    I was referring to -

1 The SQUAD is a SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER QUALITY than for a number of years

2 What is happening on the pitch at the moment has nothing to do with Roly or Katrien.

3 We need a new coach asap (debateable).
  • Ba, Bergdich & Sarr are nowhere near the worst ever players for Charlton.

Izale McLeod has that title sewn up for the next 50 years.

He's still scoring goals elsewhere as are many ex-Charlton players. Ever thought it may just be us as a club rather than individuals?
  • edited October 2015
    Riviera said:

Ba, Bergdich & Sarr are nowhere near the worst ever players for Charlton.

He's still scoring goals elsewhere as are many ex-Charlton players. Ever thought it may just be us as a club rather than individuals?
    Or it could be because he's playing in League Two, when we signed him in the Championship.

Amdy Faye?

Amdy Faye?
    Pouso, Traore, Alonso...
  • edited October 2015
    I'm more and more relaxed as each day passes after this result... i'm not sure I like it.
  • The four signs that we are really struggling ?

The Charlton crowd Cheer,Boo,Mock and go Silent during the game.

But we are Charlton till we die, because it's our club and always will be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thought the Makienok stuff after the game was a bit contrived and cringeworthy to be honest.
  • edited October 2015
    cafctom said:

Thought the Makienok stuff after the game was a bit contrived and cringeworthy to be honest.

Couldn't agree more. Absolutely no time for it. He can't be held in any way accountable for Tuesday night but when you've only scored one goal all season, you should be spending your time trying to do something about that - not pander.

Only a fool would be taken in by it.
  • cafctom said:

Thought the Makienok stuff after the game was a bit contrived and cringeworthy to be honest.

Couldn't agree more. Absolutely no time for it. He can't be held in any way accountable for Tuesday night but when you've only scored one goal all season, you should be spending your time trying to do something about that - not pander.

Only a fool would be taken in by it.
    It might have just been frustration and emotion.
    He's come to us on the back of a stint in a foreign country where he was unloved and unsuccessful.
    He was desperate for a new beginning and to feel the love only to be hampered by injury; then he comes back to crisis form, boos and hostility.
    He's probably scared that it's all unravelling for him again