Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post match views Charlton 0-3 Preston

Comments

• Nadou said:

I'm amazed that Watt gets such positive reaction on here - he did very little that was good last night, often blamed others for his faults, and wandered around, out of position and looking fed up .

At least Watt had a few moments when he looked threatening, whereas many of the other players had NO moments of impact whatsoever on the opposition
  • CatAddick said:

The gap caused by the two PNE in the wall between KAG and Solly is even bigger that I thought. Could have driven a bus through it. With the number of free kicks we seem to be conceding, you would have thought we'd have got the hang of setting up a wall with oppo players in it by now

Exactly. It was so obvious that there was a big gap that I commented on it to my son. Yet the players couldn't see it!
  • CatAddick said:

The gap caused by the two PNE in the wall between KAG and Solly is even bigger that I thought. Could have driven a bus through it. With the number of free kicks we seem to be conceding, you would have thought we'd have got the hang of setting up a wall with oppo players in it by now

There needs to be a gap so that Pope can still see the ball
  • Nadou said:

I'm amazed that Watt gets such positive reaction on here - he did very little that was good last night, often blamed others for his faults, and wandered around, out of position and looking fed up .

Well to me he looked the only real footballer in our team last night.
  • I distinctly remember a game in the season we got relegated from the perm. We drew 0-0 at home to Watford who were awful that season. We showed no fight or quality. I remember thinking that it spelt the end. Last night was 100 times worse.
  • Just watched the 90 seconds of highlights on the sky website. It could of been so much worse.

Started to think Boro could be 5/6/7-0 unless we have a serious turn in form.
  • Everything I wanted to write about last night's game has already appeared on this thread. Just the total disbelief at how bad we were and the feeling of total boredom I had whilst watching us play,no emotion at all really. Sad times.
  • Just gone on Twitter for the first time since last night. Seems the communication dpt are doing all they can to 'emphasise' the injury crisis. It's good on the one hand because, yes I am keen to see where some of these players are in terms of fitness, but it also smacks of excuses as well and hiding behind it a bit too much. Even the official report led with 'Guy Luzon's injury hit squad'.

The reference to the lack of wide players was very much the main thing I picked up. Yes we are in the shit at the moment with bodies, yet it's not as if we've been winning with JBG and whoever (Bergdich etc) out on the wings. Bit too weak if you ask me.
  • Sponsored links:

• The club needs a total overhaul IMO, from the board to the playing/coaching staff.
    its hard to back a club who dont seem to give a shit about anyone but themselves.

Well, the coaching and playing staff are being pretty much overhauled every season or so.

As for the board.......
    An overhaul in a more positive way then with a board who understand that, while its a business for them & I get that, it's a passion for a lot of people who pay hard earned money to watch there team and they shouldn't be subjected to that nights like last night.
    We won't win every game but at least go down swinging!
  • I have just watched the "highlights" on Sky video. I have never seen such one sided football video concerning Charlton, in all my life. Watching this and not at the game, made me realise how little we offered in attack, according to the video, NOTHING
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3281781/Charlton-0-3-Preston-Lilywhites-end-winless-streak-pile-pressure-Addicks-boss-Guy-Luzon.html

I'm not clever enough to work out how to get a pic in to the message, but have a butch at the wall in the second picture on that article. Flat footed and ducking out the way of the ball. Completely pathetic.

People talk about lack of bottle and fight to get out of this mess, in the past we have been just as dogshit a team as this but we've had battlers who will get stuck in (namely, the SCP Champ era). Might seem an exaggeration, but that photo captures perfectly a moment of weakness to me, highlighting the lack of fight in this 'team'. You can't go getting out the way of a free kick, it's basic stuff

That really is shocking. Ducking instead of jumping.
    pope gets a rollicking for organising a wall what's the point of having a wall when that pairs of tossers are in it, its actually shocking if you don't like it don't bother having a career playing football, and feel free not to wear the shirt again as we cant get any worse than last night surely!!! if we play like we did last night against boro its going to be a cricket score weve lost 3-0 to one of the lesser teams of the championship, and they really didn't have to play that hard for it.
  • In the name of God go! And get Curbishley back as they should have done last time...

I seem to recall some people wanting rid of Curbs when we were eighth in the Premiership?
  • Nicholas said:

Luzon to be sacked belgiums to fuckoff.

Do you mean Belgians?
  • that should come with a warning makes for awful viewing, genuinely looks like 24th against 1st
  • In an ideal world he would bugger off back to Belgium taking The Flanders Meire with him ...

very good
  • As bad as we were, I was impressed with PNE last night....aside from not knowing you have to be 10yards from a free kick. Their LB, Adam Reach was it? Paul Gallagher and the Rasta who got the third looked very good players.

You know its bad when we make other players from a bottom 6 team look like world beaters.

I've always liked Luzon but playing Bergdich on the right (let alone in the starting XI) was a big mistake. Reach probably looked good because he had so much space down that side.

• andyg90 said:

As bad as we were, I was impressed with PNE last night....aside from not knowing you have to be 10yards from a free kick. Their LB, Adam Reach was it? Paul Gallagher and the Rasta who got the third looked very good players.

You know its bad when we make other players from a bottom 6 team look like world beaters.

I've always liked Luzon but playing Bergdich on the right (let alone in the starting XI) was a big mistake. Reach probably looked good because he had so much space down that side.

It gives me no pleasure to say that at half time I was telling anyone who would listen that the guy with the dreadlocks was running the game. He obviously heard me and banged in the third to confirm that.
  • Sponsored links:

• A very sorry evening for the club, certainly one of the worst performances I've witnessed. Things have got to improve soon or we are going down. Feel sorry for the manager but he is paid to manage what we have. It seems to me that we buy foreign potential when other teams deliver with home grown grit and passion - lessons learned?
  • Nadou said:

leave off he was the only one that had a clue and when he looked up the options were a kid being played alongside him well too early, a young kid on left wing who looked like he had never played that position and a left back playing right wing. Topped with two midfielders who were being drag from pillar to post he was the one bright spot in a dreadful night
  • Blimey, I'd long gone by then and didn't realise it was that hostile at the end.

At least the players had the sense to look look pretty dejected. Maybe they really were.
  • Blimey, I'd long gone by then and didn't realise it was that hostile at the end.

At least the players had the sense to look look pretty dejected. Maybe they really were.
    I actually thought it was good of JJ (I assume it was JJ) who kept the players back in the centre circle with the idea of making sure they felt the full wrath of the (remaining) fans when they left the pitch. It looked that way to me anyway.

About the only player I did feel sorry for last night was THD. His first league start (?) and tried his best and looked ok(ish). He's been thrown in by GL and it may have damaged his confidence (I hope not).
  • edited October 2015
    Not there last night. Seen 4 or 5 games this season. This squad is significantly better quality than we have had for a number years (although I still have massive reservations about S Mak). What is happening on the pitch at the moment has nothing to do with Roly or Katrien or the fact we are owned by Belgiums. We need a new coach/manager asap. Preferably British with a 20 - 30 years experience of playing and coaching at this level and available to start immediately. Surely Peacock can discreetly confirm if he is interested and he could be in place before the start of November.

Edit. Just reread my post. I am talking about Curbs not Peacock as next manager.
  • A manager would want to pick the team.
  • One bright moment for us last night was being introduced to Gordon Jago - what a nice gentleman he is.
  • boggzy said:

A manager would want to pick the team.

A credible manager would want to pick the team and also a reasonable wage - it seems neither options are going to happen at present!
  • Why oh why did I renew my season ticket.