Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post match views Charlton 0-3 Preston

Comments

• Nadou said:

I'm amazed that Watt gets such positive reaction on here - he did very little that was good last night, often blamed others for his faults, and wandered around, out of position and looking fed up .

Mmm. I think he's one of the only players on our team who actually looks like a threat when on the ball - him and JBG. His problem is his attitude, and at the moment that really outweighs just how good he is/can be.

He's just so frustrating but then every so often will pull out a bit of magic... But then he thinks he's Messi and tries to do it all - which he can't.
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3281781/Charlton-0-3-Preston-Lilywhites-end-winless-streak-pile-pressure-Addicks-boss-Guy-Luzon.html

I'm not clever enough to work out how to get a pic in to the message, but have a butch at the wall in the second picture on that article. Flat footed and ducking out the way of the ball. Completely pathetic.

People talk about lack of bottle and fight to get out of this mess, in the past we have been just as dogshit a team as this but we've had battlers who will get stuck in (namely, the SCP Champ era). Might seem an exaggeration, but that photo captures perfectly a moment of weakness to me, highlighting the lack of fight in this 'team'. You can't go getting out the way of a free kick, it's basic stuff

That really is shocking. Ducking instead of jumping.
    Someone should tweet that picture to him

• Mummy told her little boy not to hurt himself out playing
  • First time I've been online today can't believe Luzon hasn't been sacked
  • Cant see where the next goal is coming from, let alone point. Cant wait for the next pointless statement from the incompetent and irrelevant Meire. Cant be arsed.
  • Addickted said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3281781/Charlton-0-3-Preston-Lilywhites-end-winless-streak-pile-pressure-Addicks-boss-Guy-Luzon.html

I'm not clever enough to work out how to get a pic in to the message, but have a butch at the wall in the second picture on that article. Flat footed and ducking out the way of the ball. Completely pathetic.

People talk about lack of bottle and fight to get out of this mess, in the past we have been just as dogshit a team as this but we've had battlers who will get stuck in (namely, the SCP Champ era). Might seem an exaggeration, but that photo captures perfectly a moment of weakness to me, highlighting the lack of fight in this 'team'. You can't go getting out the way of a free kick, it's basic stuff

Obviously didn't want to ruin his £200 hair cut.

Less than two minutes into the game and set the whole tone for the rest of the evening.

Less Nabys, more Nobbys.

In the same breath you rightly castigate an English player, then call for more English players. Ridiculous. Can you see that Sarr is the only one trying to get up to block the ball there?
  • edited October 2015
    Leuth said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3281781/Charlton-0-3-Preston-Lilywhites-end-winless-streak-pile-pressure-Addicks-boss-Guy-Luzon.html

JFC ok

Who's that on the right of the wall? Disgraceful
    It doesn't look good but your would be amazed how many players do that in a wall, not just a young 18 year old.

When Benteke scored that superb overhead kick, Herrera pulled out the way; so the ref couldn't give dangerous play against the striker.
    A centre half with an ugly face (Steve Bruce or JT) would have taken one for the team.

Their ain't no heroes any more.

• Sponsored links:

• edited October 2015
    Leuth said:

Addickted said:

Less than two minutes into the game and set the whole tone for the rest of the evening.

Less Nabys, more Nobbys.

In the same breath you rightly castigate an English player, then call for more English players. Ridiculous. Can you see that Sarr is the only one trying to get up to block the ball there?
    I want more players with the right 'never say die' attitude. I don't give a shit where they come from.

Sarr trying to block the ball? Do me a favour, he's on fecking tippy toes, the little darling.

The only player making any effort in that 'photo is Solly.

• Do supporters seriously believe that we are going to
    get any experienced British footballers now that
    Phil Chapple has left. Never known such sad/bad times
    at Charlton. Please get these Belgians out. If only
    Jim Davidson was a multi-millionaire!
  • Sarr isn't the problem. He is one for the future. You can bring the odd inexperienced player in against teams like Preston, but we had too many and we expected too much of them. This happened last season too. Our best 11 to 13 is pretty useful, but the lack of depth that gives us debacles like last night was always going to happen at some point. Right back is woefully exposed but Solly - who we know is injury prone has managed to keep playing. Has this been to his detriment. left backs playing as we have no wide attacking depth - JBG, Moussa and Ceballos. Midfield has no depth - the only area where we had a little depth was attack, but injuries have killed us there. But they isn't enough depth across every position - who was our sub centre half yesterday? You can't run a Championship club like this and expect success. And what is the point in bothering to get quality players in if you don't want to address the overall. It defies logic!
  • I think that was the worst performance I have ever seen by a Charlton team.
  • edited October 2015

Do supporters seriously believe that we are going to
    get any experienced British footballers now that
    Phil Chapple has left. Never known such sad/bad times
    at Charlton. Please get these Belgians out. If only
    Jim Davidson was a multi-millionaire!

If it wasn't for his 5 wives, Jim would Be !
    Plus the 5 kids !

I've certainly struggled to think of a worse one

Sheff Utd and Wycombe etc
  • http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QPhFRt5RBVY/VidSPJbnPHI/AAAAAAAACjA/XI8i0vukkHA/s320/wallbegone.jpg

Whoever that is on the end of the wall flinching out of the way of a light plastic football, collect your cards and get lost, it's a man's game, stick your forehead on it and it wouldn't hurt much for long anyway. Ridiculous baby must have needed his nappy changed! The other 13 shouldn't use him as a scapegoat or excuse cos what followed was shameful but come on it was hardly a Jonny Metgod special was it? I'd tell him to hang his head in shame but that goes too far beyond irony. Jessy!!

We were awful at Sheffield but not as bad as last night.
  • First time I've been online today can't believe Luzon hasn't been sacked

Luzon is the cuddly toy strapped to the front of Roland's dustcart, he's going nowhere
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2015

I think that was the worst performance I have ever seen by a Charlton team.

What about the 5-2 defeat when Pardew was sacked...

Whenever we've played Dagenham we've been terrible, whilst Operation Ewood wasn't great nor was the 6-1 defeat against Leeds at the Valley (Just strange that fans think that game should be ignored cos we were in the Premier League)

Then you've the Millwall 4-0 defeat at the Den a couple of years back as well... For me that was much worse that last night

Dont forget the Northwich Victoria 1-0 match in the FA Cup

What about the 5-2 defeat when Pardew was sacked...

Whenever we've played Dagenham we've been terrible, whilst Operation Ewood wasn't great nor was the 6-1 defeat against Leeds at the Valley (Just strange that fans think that game should be ignored cos we were in the Premier League)

Then you've the Millwall 4-0 defeat at the Den a couple of years back as well... For me that was much worse that last night

Dont forget the Northwich Victoria 1-0 match in the FA Cup
    Probably true ...but last night still feels as bad as all of them
  • edited October 2015
    We can debate above - but last night is up there without a doubt
  • sm said:

We were truly abysmal - but Gallagher should have been give a second booking for his gesticulations to the crowd after the second goal. The rules on this are pretty clear.

Didnt run into the crowd though did he... He remained on the pitch (i.e. didnt cross the white line) so did nothing wrong
    Nothing to do with it - unsporting behaviour is a bookable offence, using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures is a straight red.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct#IgWZQVpc2ATEiZKO.99
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3281781/Charlton-0-3-Preston-Lilywhites-end-winless-streak-pile-pressure-Addicks-boss-Guy-Luzon.html

Is that Ba and KAG on the end there? They look like they've been going to mime classes: Whis week, be a puppet with the strings cut. Next week, you're stuck in an invisible box.
  • Addickted said:

Less Nabys, more Nobbys.

Not the first time our wall has failed recently - also not following through on loose balls while defending is another common basic mistake. The purpose of coaching is to make players do these thinks automatically without thinking.
  • Remember when Guy Luzon said live on a Sky Sports News interview we will take all points from this game?

Lol
  • the bricks, as a team are better at football?
  • The gap caused by the two PNE in the wall between KAG and Solly is even bigger that I thought. Could have driven a bus through it. With the number of free kicks we seem to be conceding, you would have thought we'd have got the hang of setting up a wall with oppo players in it by now