Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post match views Charlton 0-3 Preston

Comments

• Truly abysmal performance. Nothing positive, apart from the gallows humour from the crowd. The starting line up showed how weak we were - but if JJ and Mak aren't fit enough for 90, why not at least start with them? Feel for Luzon but something's gotta change...
  • edited October 2015
    Horrible performance, no fight.. second to every ball for most of the game. Nobody really seemed to want it. Preston had so much time on the ball.
    One thing that frustrated.. The doubling up on wingers was counter productive, as it was creating space for them to pass into. Really gutless display. Not ashamed to say I left early. Made Preston look like an in form team.
  • Truly awful performance. We made PNE look like a top premiership team, whilst our lot looked like a Sunday morning park side who'd had a particularly heavy Saturday night.
    Luzon isn't the total cause of such tripe but he may well get the sack for that puzzling team selection and lack of performance.
    Not that it will make any difference all the time the Belgians remain. They need to shove off pronto and no! i don't know who would or could replace them and tonight I don't particularly care.
    For the first time in 47 years supporting Charlton Athletic, I left a home game with 15 minutes remaining.
    For the first time in 47 years i don't know if I can motivate myself to attend Saturday.
    The one bright spot. By leaving 15 mins early i got home 40 minutes early !! :)
  • LouisMend said:

LouisMend said:

I spoke to Guy at FT, have a listen.

I ask him if he's worried about his future at the end.
    You need to be asking bigger questions than this. And not to Luzon.
    KM and RD don't don't do the post match managerial interviews.
    Coachagerial......fixed that for you
  • You know what the really sad thing is.. I've actually lost my passion for my club and I'd never thought that I would say that ever. They have well and truly ripped the soul out of our football club it's a joke. They need to fuck off back where they came from 2 bob Belgians.

• Sponsored links:

• Pure shite worst ever in over 40 years. Lost all desire for the club.
  • despite all the furore, everyone will still turn up on saturday and witness the same shite.

if you want to show your dissent, don't go to the game and make it clear we're not prepared to put up with this!
  • Worst game I can remember seeing at the Valley.
  • And we all laughed when the bookies had us third favourites to go down.

Anyone who bought our points on the spreads will be sweating right about now... we'll be lucky to get within 15 of it let alone beat it!
  • So we met on the way home from work in Victoria Park and I suggested we go to Decathlon as I need some padded undershorts and for the first time ever I wanted to go shopping, at night, instead of going to football.
    We decided against the shopping and decided just to cycle home. On the way we dropped off at the Pelton and had a few drinks and gave unsolicited answers to the quiz to a clueless table next to us.
    It sounds like we got it right tonight. The worrying thing is that I feel no urge to go on Saturday or maybe ever.
    But we'll see about that. Maybe after I get my cycle clothing sorted I'll be re Addickted.
  • I reckon Roland would sell at £50 million including the liabilities IF he wants to give up on his experiment. And then at least another £10 million or so would be needed to start sorting things out and to buy us some time.

So next time Euromillions goes above a £60 million jackpot, all true Charlton supporters ought to buy a ticket.

I always go, but osamabenhamer mentioned above that Dulwich Hamlet is a better prospect for sheer pleasure of following football and he is absolutely right. If after this season, the pain of my love affair with Charlton becomes too much to bear, I reckon I will bog off to Champion Hill to try to begin some kind of healing process.
  • PaddyP17 said:

KM/RD - questioning Luzon means I automatically question the board, where the buck stops. What's the plan, guys? Why am I hearing worrying rumours like £1.5m for Sarr, or that the older fans apparently don't matter, or that KM didn't actually know what Chapple did? Why do we know nothing about the injuries - not even what they are, explicitly? The questions go on; the various other thoughts go on...

This is my football club. What is happening?

Reading this in one go is beyond worrying. Very concerned.
  • Sponsored links:

• And we all laughed when the bookies had us third favourites to go down.

Well, we asumed the owner had enough common sense to bring a few players in.
  • I just can't grasp RD's motives. The Prem is where the money is so plough some proper dough into the club and get us there. For me we've bought badly over the last few years. Take the last 2 home games, both Jamie O'hara & Paul Gallagher have dominated the play. Two ex Prem players who (Gallagher definitely) won't be on heaps of money. Why aren't we going for players like this or a couple of decent youngster from top clubs?
    This time last year we managed to bag Coquelin! Adam Le Fondre another proven goal scorer was up for grabs this year but we let that slip! Clueless
  • I'm in a minority of one but I see a decent player in Ba. He is guilty of the odd bad pass but he broke up play and won possession back at least five or six times in the first half. To be honest, I left after the third goal but he looked one of the few bright spots before then.

Other than that, I had a good time this evening catching up with some good pals and grabbed an extra 20 in the pub which was nice, but what is happening with MY club is a big problem. This apathy lark seems to be contagious but I'm hoping it doesn't get me soon. Chances are it will unless those Belgian people (trying to stay polite..) get their fingers out of their bottoms.....

A horrible evening following a horrible Saturday but I still and will always love you Charlton despite the pricks, I mean obstacles. Xxxx
  • lets sack Charlton off and all go to Bromley or Welling!
  • Henderson/Pope
    Solly Diarra Sarr Fox
    Reza/KAG Ba JJ Moussa
    Mak Watt.

Seems a much better choice than Luzon's. Reza/ Hendo perhaps a match too early but start with best side, get in front and hold on.
  • OAndyHunt said:

lets sack Charlton off and all go to Bromley or Welling!

I have to agree to an extent. Sadly money is the only language the board understand.

Blackpool fans boycotted games to watch Bootle FC instead. Might be worth doing a mass boycott and go and watch Welling FC instead. Probably more entertaining looking at the National League highlights...

If he can't get enough money out the club, Roland will clear off.
  • Gutless
    Hopeless
    Pointless

Could go on but like the players and management team can't be bothered!

• Team for Sat:

Hendo

Solly
    Bauer
    Diarra
    Bergdich

JBG
    Cousins
    Jacko
    Moussa

Mak
    Watt