Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post match views Charlton 0-3 Preston

Comments

• Preston had only managed 3 away goals all season before tonight! Jeez....
  • i cannot really blame the players as half of them did not seem to know what they were supposed to do.The responsibility has to be with Luzon who picked a very weak side which needed jackson and makienok to start. Why oh why did he start with bergdich and holmes dennis who in many ways did not know what they were supposed to do but more importantly kept losing the ball. in fact that is what everyone did all night; they kept losing the ball. The second half sub of mackilely was again wrong as he made no impact; the thing is these are all HIS players and that is the main problem with the team; for such a small squad there are too many who are not strong/confident/aggressive/skilful enough if we have many injuries and there is not a lot that he can do about it. It's such a shame.
  • edited October 2015
    I spelt her name wrong, but this is what I've emailed her..
  • Things could be worse. Posting this to lift the gloom.
  • Bizarre team selection - Luzon appears to have lost the plot. Hard to single out the worst display - didn't even look like we had 11 players on the pitch. Bergdich, Ba, McAleny and Sarr were all useless. THD and KAG are out of their depth, Cousins was invisible and we couldnt string two passes together.
    No team spirit - we are becoming a laughing stock.
    Relegation looks assured - worst display I can remember since the Wycombe game.
    The crowd are turning on the players which is a really depressing state of affairs.
  • Sponsored links:

• I spoke to Guy at FT, have a listen.

I ask him if he's worried about his future at the end.
  • Another question... Why is Pope being picked out for the first two goals, the blame he gets now is a joke.

(1) the Wall was set and it didnt jump!!

(2) Pope did well to punch through nearly every player on the pitch, the ball fell into an empty penalty area, every other Charlton player just stood and looked at the ball whilst the Preston player booted it into the net.

Nothing Pope could have done about any of those goals and once again kept the score down!!

Agreed and the sarcastic cheers when he catches the ball are equally as pathetic. That said, we need SH back on Saturday. Now is not the time to be playing inexperienced and young members of the squad.
  • LouisMend said:

I spoke to Guy at FT, have a listen.

What does he say to that question?
  • KM is more of a problem than Luzon. He has not been given the help he deserves/needs.

Sadly, can only see Luzon being sacked as the 'solution'. This will not solve any of our problems.

• LouisMend said:

I spoke to Guy at FT, have a listen.

You need to be asking bigger questions than this. And not to Luzon.
  • Harry Lennon scored again tonight
  • Sponsored links:

• Just in. Wonder why I bothered from Herne Bay! Just awful - worst this year - we are going backwards. Its one thing to say we've got lots of injuries (true) but the starting line-up. Ba over Jackson? Bergditch on the right wing? Holmes-Dennis thrown for his first start (he did OK) - but nervous. Why not McAleny? Was Moussa that crocked! No balance in the side, very little fight. Was an embarrassment.
  • One of the worst nights of my life. Atmsophere was shocking - but who can blame us?! Players showed nothing. guy's got to go now
  • By the end of last Saturday at Reading I was just apathetic to Luzon, wanting to give him a chance prior to that. Now I think he needs to go. I dont have answers, neither does he, neither do KM/RD and neither do the players.
  • masicat said:

Things could be worse. Posting this to lift the gloom.

Above us.
  • Two words. Going down.
  • Absolutely pathetic show. No skill, no fight, no idea.This was Preston who hadn't won since August. They completely outplayed us. How many shots did we have?
    Is this rock bottom or are we going to drop even further.
  • edited October 2015
    I think Luzon was saying he couldn't play any other starting team due to injuries. To be fair - we know that is almost certainly true, it is the owner who is to blame. You can't even blame KM - her job is to lick his backside for him - which she does pretty well. The buck stops with him, but it is his club, he can fiddle as it burns if he likes.
  • Proper swerve when asked about Kashi lol
  • Trying to sum up how shit we were without repeating what has already been said. We are an embarrassment. Can't be bothered to dig out anyone as i am struggling to think of a positive to counter the negative. We are f$#*ked.