Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez rumours (ed. Signed for Liverpool)

Comments

• Options

iaitch said:

This is what gets me, he plays 3 games in the Premiership and he's in the Under 21's.

Probably wouldn't be considered if still with us but he's improved so much in the 3/4 months at Liverpool, well done Brendan!!!!

I think the point would be that in the last three games he's faced Premier League opposition and not looked at all out of place.

Selecting him whilst he was still here, would have been classed as an uproven risk.
    That is very true

However Callum Chambers had been playing for Soton in the Prem but was called up as soon as he went to Arsenal.
  • Options
    Gomez has been unbelievable so far for Liverpool and rewarded with an England U21 call-up.
  • Options

Can someone please just find out what the actual figure was!!!

Make me.
    people trying to get on the alerter everywhere.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

people say it was more but wont say their source.

Olly said it was more on his own twitter but nothing from any club source

Olly is most people's source and he works at the club. Surely that is a credible source?

People won't be happy until the club wheels out an accountant with the clubs agreement with Liverpool carved in a stone monument.

As he was our main out going this year other than lepoint and Wiggins and anyone who we lose before the transfer deadline we will quite easily be able to work it out when the end of year accounts come out...

Just look at income from player sales...
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Olly is most people's source and he works at the club. Surely that is a credible source?

People won't be happy until the club wheels out an accountant with the clubs agreement with Liverpool carved in a stone monument.

As he was our main out going this year other than lepoint and Wiggins and anyone who we lose before the transfer deadline we will quite easily be able to work it out when the end of year accounts come out...

Only sales aren't, or at least not always, paid upfront in one go plus there are add ons dependent on appearences etc in many deals.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

That's unlikely to include any/many add-ons that may have been negotiated.
  • Options
    He made Callum Chambers look dogshit last night
  • Options
    15m if he had been sold now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Listening to Colin Murrey on Talksport, (who is a Liverpool supporter), I like a full back who gets forward and attacks as well as defends well, that is why I like Clyne, as for Gomez, he will not be around long before Liverpool accepts a large offer from a bigger club. Praise indeed.
  • Options
    masicat said:

I paid my £10 a month so Liverpool can have a decent left back and Swansea can have a decent midfielder.

Don't forget Ade Azeez at Wimbledon. Every penny counts masicat.
  • Options
    And Jenkinson at West Ham/Arsenal
  • Options
    ross1 said:

And Jordan cousins at charlton, Chris solly at charlton, Karlan ahearne grant at charlton and Morgan fox at charlton.

I mean what has valley gold ever done for us??
  • Options

ross1 said:

And Jordan cousins at charlton, Chris solly at charlton, Karlan ahearne grant at charlton and Morgan fox at charlton.

I mean what has valley gold ever done for us??
    You missed out Callum Harriot but a very valid point IMHO. We get players in the first team and some we sell. Others get released.

Better than no players coming through at all.

Interesting point made on Dr Kish that next season there will be no emergency window so no opportunity to loan in players after the window closes.

So we'll have to loan players (in and out) early or not at all and then rely on our own squad.
  • Options
    6 against Posh in starting 11, 3 more on bench, waste of time running an academy
  • Options
    ross1 said:

6 against Posh in starting 11, 3 more on bench, waste of time running an academy

Isn't it 4 on the bench?
  • Options

ross1 said:

Isn't it 4 on the bench?
    Not if you are counting Mitov, same as Pope, joined us later, not come through academy from young
  • Options
    ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Isn't it 4 on the bench?
    Not if you are counting Mitov, same as Pope, joined us later, not come through academy from young
    My mistake!
  • Options
    I'd count Mitov as he signed for us initially on a youth contract. Same as Randolph and Elliot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So the plastic Liverpool fans in the office are at it again. Talking about the Cup draw, saying there are some great games. They listed everyone but ours!

Absolute c*nts of the highest order!
  • Options
    well tell em then !
  • Options
    Totally convinced that Gomez will be at Man City or Chelsea within 3-4 years
  • Options

If...and I mean IF...we only took £3.5m for Joe, I doubt very much we would've let him go without a decent sell-on clause.

If John Stones is worth north of £30/£40m, then it's scary how much Gomez will be worth in a year or two. A slice of that is not to be sniffed at.
  • Options

well tell em then !

I have and do every morning I see them.
  • Options

Hopefully not Chelsea, he could be Kompany's natural replacement at City.
  • Options
    If Chelsea get Stones as well as Zouma they have their starting CBs for the next ten years.

Hope Arsenal sign Gomez to replace Koscielny or Mertesacker.
  • Options

That's the dream. We have to hope that Liverpool continue to fail to qualify for the Champions League in the next few years so Joe eventually has to move on. Both QPR and Bournemouth made more off the Sterling and Lallana deals the second time round. I reckon Barnsley will get a decent wedge for Stones. I think it's actually a sensible strategy to sell to a mid-table team for a little bit less if you really believe in the player's potential
  • Options
    That's assuming we have a sell on clause........