Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez rumours (ed. Signed for Liverpool)

Comments

• Options

As Joe was put back to the bench for the match against Norwich.
    Will his agent be on the phone to the CEO of Liverpool like he was
    to Katrien every time he didn't start for CAFC ? (while the agent is on the phone mention that his weakest defensive position is LB)

Not sure how true that is but either way it's pretty poor management from Rodgers.
    Red Robin; I didn't hear it from my Cousin's bosses sister ?

From the Lips of Katrien Miere.

Fair enough.

As Joe was put back to the bench for the match against Norwich.
    Will his agent be on the phone to the CEO of Liverpool like he was
    to Katrien every time he didn't start for CAFC ? (while the agent is on the phone mention that his weakest defensive position is LB)

Not sure how true that is but either way it's pretty poor management from Rodgers.
    why? He's 18 and started every game so far. Rodgers changed formation and played three at the back, taking a chnace to give Joe a rest/break. Seems pretty sensible to me.

Just wondered if it will do his confidence any good after dropping him after his mistake in the Utd game.
    but Gomez played all 90 mins in Thursdays Europa League 1-1 draw away at Bordeaux
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

CAFCsayer said:

---------Butland
    Clyne - Stones - Gomez - Shaw
    Redmond -- Delph -- Sterling
    ------Barkley - Shelvey
    -----------Kane

Not a bad crop coming through together!

Add in the likes of Loftus-Cheek, Solanke, Grealish, Ibe and we have some decent prospects there.
    There's a young lad at Colchester currently ripping up trees too
    no smiley face ?

From Colchester on loan to England ?

The good football judges on here (about 50%)
    Not only would have egg on our faces ?
    We would have a large omlette.
    I would be Eggstatic for the lad.

• Options
    I dont understand why they dont play established premiership/International full back Clyne at left back and Gomez at right back when playing a back four.

Surely Clyne has the experience to play in that role and allowing Gomez to play in a more natural position.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

CAFCsayer said:

---------Butland
    ------Barkley - Shelvey
    -----------Kane

Add in the likes of Loftus-Cheek, Solanke, Grealish, Ibe and we have some decent prospects there.
    no smiley face ?

Would we have said that Jenkinson would go from playing for Eastbourne to England? ;)
  • Options

Swisdom said:

CAFCsayer said:

---------Butland
    ------Barkley - Shelvey
    -----------Kane

no smiley face ?

Would we have said that Jenkinson would go from playing for Eastbourne to England? ;)
    I did predict Jenkinson would play for Finland(on mum side) when i saw him for the academy side (between his injuries which held back his progress)

Not even Wenger saw the full cap coming.( reserve RB at Arsenal most of his time there: hence the reason he was allowed to go to the Brady bunch on loan) :smile:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

I dont understand why they dont play established premiership/International full back Clyne at left back and Gomez at right back when playing a back four.

Surely Clyne has the experience to play in that role and allowing Gomez to play in a more natural position.

Agree, actually think it's poor management by Rodgers to keep playing a youngster out of position.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Are both the CB better than Joe ?
    Skirtel at 30 is not as good on the ground.
    Not as quick.
    Joe's heading won't be as good as Skirtel at present.
    But from the start of 2016/2017 Joe should be the CB in a four or in a 3.
    Clyne is a ahead of Gomez at RB.
    plus any decent right sided Premier Forward should expose Joe at LB, thou quite a few haven't, because of Joe's speed and strength.
  • Options
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/gomez-biggest-surprise-life-liverpool-10169287#rlabs=2 rt$sitewide p$2

Nice interview with Joe here. Interesting that they describe the fee as an initial £3.5million
  • Options
    Liverpool defender Joe Gomez took to Twitter on Wednesday to congratulate his former Charlton Athletic teammate Tareiq Holmes-Dennis on signing a new deal at the Valley.
  • Options
    Klopp agrees a 3 year deal with Liverpool... That's all well and good but I'm more concerned about what this means for Joe. He was APPARENTLY a Dortmund target so does Klopp know a lot about him already?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Klopp loves bringing through a decent young prospect. Jose Gomez is an intelligent ball playing centre half who can play anywhere he's asked. Klopp will adore him. I can't understand why Rodgers kept the rotating carousel of failure that was Lovren, Sakho and Toure when he could have stuck Gomez alongside Skrtel and built for the future but hopefully Klopp will do just that. And then replace Skrtel.
  • Options
    Perhaps he'll even play him in one of the positions he plays
  • Options

Klopp loves bringing through a decent young prospect. Jose Gomez is an intelligent ball playing centre half who can play anywhere he's asked. Klopp will adore him. I can't understand why Rodgers kept the rotating carousel of failure that was Lovren, Sakho and Toure when he could have stuck Gomez alongside Skrtel and built for the future but hopefully Klopp will do just that. And then replace Skrtel.

Who's that? Joe's Spanish cousin ?
    :)
  • Options
    Jarman said:

Who's that? Joe's Spanish cousin ?
    :)
    Sshhh, if we can convince Klopp he's not English he might get some game time
  • Options
    If Jurgen doesn't fancy playing Joe, we'll take him on loan.
  • Options

What happened to the rest of him?
  • Options
    His body went to Liverpool, his soul stayed with us
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I know this is old news, but the brief interview on the link is mildly interesting.

Liverpool: Jurgen Klopp confirmed as manager on £15m Anfield deal
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34469429

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jürgen Klopp handed first setback as Liverpool manager with Joe Gomez's season effectively over
    Teenager suffered anterior cruciate ligament damage to knee on England U21 duty which is likely to mean nine months out.

Not great news for Joe, after a brilliant start.
  • Options

My Joe Gomez shirt arrived in the post today. Posted to me by @GlassHalfFull (thanks dad) when he was a Charlton player 12 days ago and received today (in Australia) now he is a Liverpool player.

Look what you've done Joe, our Jack is not happy at all about this!

Oh Joe, really upset at this awful news ....
  • Options

Jürgen Klopp handed first setback as Liverpool manager with Joe Gomez's season effectively over
    Teenager suffered anterior cruciate ligament damage to knee on England U21 duty which is likely to mean nine months out.

Not great news for Joe, after a brilliant start.

That is a real shame for the boy. Really sad to hear that.
  • Options
    Interesting though, as it shows that there is an argument to selling young players when you get a decent offer.

Had that injury happened whilst with us, he'd be out for nine months and may not return as the same player - you could say the same for Shaw at Man Utd.

I remember after the good year that David Whyte had with us, there was talk of a big bid from a bigger club, which never eventuated, and then (I think) we ended up giving him away on a free a couple of years later.

Bird in the hand and all that.
  • Options
    Feel sorry for Joe. ACL is a bad injury but he's young so I hope he comes back stronger.
  • Options

In my eyes the deal fell exactly how the club expected.

They offered a contract to the lad and he signed (thank you joe)

He could have walked last year but stuck it out for year got us our fee and moved

It was never in question of if he moved more when

He done good by us and I wish him the best more than can be said of matey at West Ham

This is how i felt a while ago it was clear Joe was never to be here for long and still some of our supporters harp on about why did we sell he's F**king miles above our level you idiots, you can't stand in a players way.

I'm baffled at what the club was meant to do. They got a decent return on a youth product and moved onto the next group is that not what we are about?
  • Options

I hate this phrase. Of course it's a case of when, you don't get many one club footballers anymore.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I hate this phrase. Of course it's a case of when, you don't get many one club footballers anymore.
    It's true. Bosman changed all that. If Richard Rufus hadn't have suffered his injury, even he might've moved on eventually.