Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez rumours (ed. Signed for Liverpool)

Comments

• Options
    Achillies injury. Let's hope their medical staff are better than ours.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Scouse Cory Gibbs

Joe Gomez is the real deal and is destined for greater things but he's been unlucky to have picked up injuries at a club that seems to have had more than its fair share of late which tends to suggest that it's not the players that are injury prone but that certain practices at the club may be the cause.
  • Options

Joe is a future England star. In fact, has he of been fit all season, I reckon he could've made the England Euros squad (however, not if Roy stuck with only picking 3 CBs and not if Brendan Rodgers continued to play him as LB). I really rate him.

Completely agree. He's the business and will be a top player.
  • Options
    If he comes back the same player. If he loses his pace that's a part of his game that made him stand out over other centre backs. Really hope he recovers, could be our best ever academy player if he does.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Achillies injury. Let's hope their medical staff are better than ours.

If he was still with us he'd probably have retired by now.

Superb player. Real quality.
  • Options
    Charltonised
  • Options
    Scoham said:

If he comes back the same player. If he loses his pace that's a part of his game that made him stand out over other centre backs. Really hope he recovers, could be our best ever academy player if he does.

I'd agree, but he's no Paul Bacon.
  • Options
    He will be starting for them within a month I reckon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic news for him, but also what confidence that must bring to see your manager believe in you that much.

Klopp can see how incredibly good he is going to be, Gomez potentially does have it all. He has a brilliant manager coaching him to be a better player and I am really excited to see how well he does in the coming years.
  • Options
    They are rubbish defensively but he wasn't even on the bench vs Saints. Similar soundbites come from the mouth of another Scouse manager.
  • Options

They are rubbish defensively but he wasn't even on the bench vs Saints. Similar soundbites come from the mouth of another Scouse manager.

I was unaware that Klopp was a Scouse manager. Or are we from Liverpool?
  • Options
    Eh?
  • Options

Twat.
  • Options

Twat.
    Thanks.

• Options

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/252228-jurgen-klopp-i-m-really-excited-by-gomez-s-potential-he-has-it-all

Jürgen Klopp believes Liverpool will reap the benefits of securing Joe Gomez on a new long-term contract due to the enormous potential the defender possesses.

The 19-year-old penned fresh terms - which will come into effect from July 1, 2017 - with the Reds at Melwood on Friday afternoon to dedicate his future to the club.

The news comes in the same month Gomez made his long-awaited first-team return from the injury setbacks that had sidelined him for 15 months, as he featured in the FA Cup meetings with Plymouth Argyle.

And while Klopp feels the England U21 international has plenty to offer Liverpool now, he is confident he will continue to develop into an even better player over the course of his new deal.

The manager told Liverpoolfc.com: "I am really excited about this news because of the incredible potential Joe has - and now we know he will be fulfilling it with us at LFC.

"He has had setbacks since he has been here, none more so than his injury, but the really top players react to setbacks and problems in the most positive way possible and he has done that.

"You can see here every day at Melwood in the way the players and staff interact with him, what a popular guy he is with everyone and that is because of his positive attitude, even when he's faced the most difficult of challenges.

"What we can give him is the precious commodity of time; we will give him the time to develop and improve, to learn even more and to become stronger and better.

"We will invest our time into him and allow him the space to develop and become the player we know he can be. Today's contract announcement only strengthens this resolve. He will have a big role to play in our future, but he's also important for our present.

"He has all the attributes you need to succeed at the very highest level in his position. That is on the physical and the mental side, he has it all. But I think it's his hunger and willingness to learn that will serve him best in his career."

Oh for us to see this coming from a Charlton manager, believing it and seeing it happen.

F*** off Duchatelet.
  • Options
    Well done to Joe Gomez on his new contract and that's a resounding endorsement from Klopp.

Hopefully, Joe can force his way into the side in the second half of the season and nail down a place in central defence. He has all the attributes to be one of the very best defenders in the Premier League.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1-0 down after 40 seconds though, from a set-piece.
  • Options
    Starting at centre back, game's on BT Sport

1st minute, Wolves score, not JG's fault, shocking marking by others.
  • Options
    Gormless defending for Wolves first goal today, too.
  • Options
    No trip to Wembley for Joe this season...
  • Options
    I don't think he had a good game against Wolves.
  • Options
    This is what's wrong with football. Joe'a a fantastic prospect but rewarding a player with a new contract when he's hardly played a match for them is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Hope it goes well for him.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    His mistake just let Man City back in the game.

Glad we sold him now for a few mil ;)
  • Options
    dizzee said:

His mistake just let Man City back in the game.

Glad we sold him now for a few mil ;)

As soon as stuff happens like that to the big four teams they are never forgiven by their supporters.

I hope he bounces back from this