Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Gomez rumours (ed. Signed for Liverpool)

Comments

• Full England international before he turns 21
  • shirty5 said:

Full England international before he turns 21

Before he turns 19
  • Watching Joe last night made me full of mixed emotions: so proud and really pleased for him but really sad that our youth set up does not get the credit it deserves.
    Well done Joe and let's hope we can keep more of the youth.
  • My office in the city is full of fake London Liverpool fans who never attend a game and just talk football 24/7. They are sat there this morning laughing and saying they nicked Gomez for £3.5 Million from little old Charlton.

There is one word that comes to mind........
  • robroy said:

My office in the city is full of fake London Liverpool fans who never attend a game and just talk football 24/7. They are sat there this morning laughing and saying they nicked Gomez for £3.5 Million from little old Charlton.

The word "coming to mind" is no good. Can I suggest you actually use it?
  • Sponsored links:

• robroy said:

My office in the city is full of fake London Liverpool fans who never attend a game and just talk football 24/7. They are sat there this morning laughing and saying they nicked Gomez for £3.5 Million from little old Charlton.

Haven't read the whole thread, it's probably already been confirmed but I know that the £3.5m figure banded about simply wasn't true.
  • He's keeping Alberto Moreno out the side who Liverpool paid £12m for last summer.

There are players in the Championship who can hack it in the Premiership if given the chance, although have to agree with people that they are sometimes overpriced, i.e £9m Andre Gray.
  • reserves said:

robroy said:

Haven't read the whole thread, it's probably already been confirmed but I know that the £3.5m figure banded about simply wasn't true.
    It shouldn't do, but the whole £3.5m thing really bugs me. It's so widely reported now that people are just taking as gospel.

We know we got way more than that but the wider football world, who get all their football info from Sky and the like, think little old Charlton got taken to the cleaners.
  • edited August 2015

Called up to England Under 21's

Another young star off the Liverpool production line.

I hope we are all suitably grateful that a massive club like Liverpool loaned him to us for a season.
  • reserves said:

robroy said:

It shouldn't do, but the whole £3.5m thing really bugs me. It's so widely reported now that people are just taking as gospel.

We know we got way more than that but the wider football world, who get all their football info from Sky and the like, think little old Charlton got taken to the cleaners.
    Let the wider football community think that. Doesn't matter what they think. We have a great academy turning out genuine footballing talent on a fairly regular basis. We are a selling club but we are no longer selling at bargain prices and hopefully one day it will be funding a return to the top table of football.
  • This is what gets me, he plays 3 games in the Premiership and he's in the Under 21's.

Probably wouldn't be considered if still with us but he's improved so much in the 3/4 months at Liverpool, well done Brendan!!!!
  • ^
    That's the point I was going to make. Would he of been selected if he'd had started our opening 4 games? Possibly but the exposure of the Prem has helped. Well done Joe!
  • Sponsored links:

• Can someone please just find out what the actual figure was!!!
  • Called up to England Under 21's

That's great news - well done Joe.

A full England cap will follow very shortly.
  • iaitch said:

This is what gets me, he plays 3 games in the Premiership and he's in the Under 21's.

Probably wouldn't be considered if still with us but he's improved so much in the 3/4 months at Liverpool, well done Brendan!!!!

I think the point would be that in the last three games he's faced Premier League opposition and not looked at all out of place.

Selecting him whilst he was still here, would have been classed as an uproven risk.
  • people say it was more but wont say their source.

Olly said it was more on his own twitter but nothing from any club source
  • I don't feel the same emotional attachment to Joe Gomez as everyone else seems to, I mean good luck to him and stuff but he doesn't play for us anymore and surely doesn't care about our club, and even when he did play for us, he was probably only playing at 6/6.5 ratings

Really? Just how sour are those grapes?

Talk about re-writing history.
  • I don't feel the same emotional attachment to Joe Gomez as everyone else seems to, I mean good luck to him and stuff but he doesn't play for us anymore and surely doesn't care about our club, and even when he did play for us, he was probably only playing at 6/6.5 ratings

Troll
  • MrOneLung said:

people say it was more but wont say their source.

Olly said it was more on his own twitter but nothing from any club source

Olly is most people's source and he works at the club. Surely that is a credible source?

People won't be happy until the club wheels out an accountant with the clubs agreement with Liverpool carved in a stone monument.

• Can someone please just find out what the actual figure was!!!

Make me.
  • masicat said:

I paid my £10 a month so Liverpool can have a decent left back and Swansea can have a decent midfielder.

That £10 created a player that may have kept the club afloat when we sold Shelvey