Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez rumours (ed. Signed for Liverpool)

Comments

• Options
    I was at the game and pretty much watched Joe throughout as if he were on playercam!

Apart from a couple of shaky moments (dodgy back pass in particular) he looked calm and certainly not out of place at a venue that's never easy for the away side.
  • Options

It's exactly the reason golf , I was playing a Rd at the nth Essex club, 4 ball with an agent an ex prem player and the dad of a player who now plays in the prem ,

we got to the 19th with me understanding more than ever how these three people all need each other in the modern game,

I was saying it's about time this rule was bought in as we had spent the last hr slating McClaren, capello and sven and their failure to build on what was a great pool of England's finest players,

The agent and the dad said well I'd find a new club or hope you get promoted as you have some real quality players coming through that you will never see the best of as the top clubs because of this rule will take them and get them cheap due to the lack of game time they will have with you, infact they both thought we wouldn't ever see gomez In the first team ,

I will have a bullseye with you prague as I believe he is too good not to get to.the top right now

Agreed.

I certainly agree he looks like being an absolutely top player. I just don't think he'll be in the Liverpool team by Christmas. That's the trouble with these moves. You've kind of spelt out the reason in the earlier part of the post.

If instead we have to watch him at the Valley in a Derby shirt keeping Vetokele in his pocket, well, I think you'll want to ask yourself where English football is going and what the hell we do about it.

Upbeats 50 quid richer good man pa

So good he plays out of position
    All paid, see it here.

• Options

It's exactly the reason golf , I was playing a Rd at the nth Essex club, 4 ball with an agent an ex prem player and the dad of a player who now plays in the prem ,

we got to the 19th with me understanding more than ever how these three people all need each other in the modern game,

I was saying it's about time this rule was bought in as we had spent the last hr slating McClaren, capello and sven and their failure to build on what was a great pool of England's finest players,

The agent and the dad said well I'd find a new club or hope you get promoted as you have some real quality players coming through that you will never see the best of as the top clubs because of this rule will take them and get them cheap due to the lack of game time they will have with you, infact they both thought we wouldn't ever see gomez In the first team ,

I will have a bullseye with you prague as I believe he is too good not to get to.the top right now

Agreed.

I certainly agree he looks like being an absolutely top player. I just don't think he'll be in the Liverpool team by Christmas. That's the trouble with these moves. You've kind of spelt out the reason in the earlier part of the post.

If instead we have to watch him at the Valley in a Derby shirt keeping Vetokele in his pocket, well, I think you'll want to ask yourself where English football is going and what the hell we do about it.

Upbeats 50 quid richer good man pa

So good he plays out of position
    All paid, see it here.

Good man Prague.
  • Options
    Good man pa
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/sean-odriscoll-knew-liverpool-fc-9867789

Sean O’Driscoll says he knew Liverpool FC new boy Joe Gomez was a special talent the first time he watched him,

The 18-year-old defender was a member of O’Driscoll’s England Under-19s squad last season and the Reds assistant boss played a part in the teenager’s £3.5million move from Charlton Athletic this summer.

O’Driscoll provided a glowing reference to Brendan Rodgers and then found himself following Gomez to Anfield after accepting the offer to join a new-look backroom staff.

Gomez has already made a big impression with the Reds and after making his Premier League debut at Stoke last weekend, he’s expected to retain his place for Monday night’s home clash with Bournemouth.

“I saw Joe as a fantastic 17-year-old when I first came across him,” O’Driscoll said.

“He played against Germany in Dusseldorf for the under-19s – playing up an age group which is part of the FA remit to bump talented players up and play them.

“His composure struck me. That doesn’t happen many times in football where you sit and go ‘ooohhh’. There are lots of good players out there but very few who make your back straighten. He was one.

“When we reviewed that game against Germany, Joe’s performance at centre-back was the big standout for me.

“He’s been terrific since he came to Liverpool and I’ve not been surprised.

“I’d seen him play in various positions across the backline for Charlton. When I was chatting about players in my England Under-19s squad, he was one I was surprised that no Premier League club had come in for him.”
  • Options
    Hope he plays today.
  • Options
    Starts at left back for anyone who wants to watch. On SS1.
  • Options
    Starting
  • Options
    Excellent
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He'll be face to face with Simon Francis down that wing. Should be interesting!
  • Options
    I would really like to see him play at centre back or even right back. Although obviously Rogers must think very highly of him to play him as a first choice left-back
  • Options
    Yann not on bench, is he injured or just not favoured?
  • Options
    Great article and well worth the read. If Colkett and Palmer fail to make it this should be blown up and stuck in the training room wall for our youth team to read!
  • Options
    Talal said:

On his way to us
  • Options
    Agreed, fantastic, balanced article from the Telegraph( hard to say as aLadour supporter!), and also agree with your comment about being stuck up in the dressing room.
  • Options
    If Yann goes on loan to a Championship club that isn't us im going to recycle my season ticket.
  • Options
    Joe took the slow approach all 21 games for our first team ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Talal said:

On his way to us
    We can but hope.
  • Options
    Listening to 'walk on' sung by the scousers I'm really envious of those Bournemouth supporters up there
  • Options
    Apparently Joe played his last match for Charlton against Bournemouth... Poor journalism!!
  • Options

Apparently Joe played his last match for Charlton against Bournemouth... Poor journalism!!

He did didn't he?
  • Options
    Still irritates me that £3.5m is so widely reported.
  • Options
    I don't really know how much we got for him, was it maybe £3.5m cash and a load extra if he plays first team games up to the £6m I've also heard said...
  • Options
    Liverpool could probably get £10m for him already
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

If Yann goes on loan to a Championship club that isn't us im going to recycle my season ticket.

We'll hold you to this!!