Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez rumours (ed. Signed for Liverpool)

Comments

• Options
    So how did he do tonight?
  • Options
    Pretty shit. He was tons better when he played for us.
  • Options

So how did he do tonight?

Twitter says a possible motm
  • Options
    He was decent not spectacular, but decent can't wait to see him play centre half
  • Options

He was decent not spectacular, but decent can't wait to see him play centre half

Agree - he is in the team because he is one of their best four defenders and not because he is a natural left back. Still did more than a decent job though.
  • Options

Liverpool could probably get £10m for him already

Charlton never seem to get decent money when selling players, Scott Parker being an exception and even then the timing wrecked what was a great season. Joe Gomez is going to be worth a fortune - just hope we get a decent percentage.
  • Options

C_A_F_C said:

If Yann goes on loan to a Championship club that isn't us im going to recycle my season ticket.

We'll hold you to this!!
    In May...
  • Options
    I was really impressed. He was solid and calm until he got booked. After the booming - he wasn't involved as much but could've got a second yellow quite easily.
  • Options
    I thought he played really well. Second half Liverpool went really ragged after Henderson went off and I think this affected him a bit. Didn't rate Liverpool much and Bournemouth were unlucky to lose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had a good game I thought, nothing spectacular just nice and steady and did his job very well.
  • Options
    Didn't look out of place, which at that level and at his age is all you can ask for.
  • Options
    Godstone said:

Liverpool could probably get £10m for him already

Charlton never seem to get decent money when selling players, Scott Parker being an exception and even then the timing wrecked what was a great season. Joe Gomez is going to be worth a fortune - just hope we get a decent percentage.
    Darren Bent £16.5m?
  • Options
    I think Gomez will go on to be our most successful youth product, in 2 years he will be a regular for England. Sickening to think Everton are holding out for £40 million for Stones.... if we could have held on to him for one more season we would be asking for £15m
  • Options
    Its really good to see that Gomez is starting, even if it is in his least favoured position. Hopefully he can play cb in the cups and impress.
  • Options

Unless i missed it, Why haven't Katrien come out and said, we will get X amount of Pounds when Joe plays so many games for Liverpool and Any full Caps we will also get money plus a % of a transfer when/if he moves on from Liverpool.

Don't say the amount, but it would reassure our fans we haven't been mugged for the 100th time since i have be been supporting this club.
    To let the Football World believe We sold Gomez for just £3.5 Million,when he walks straight into their team and with this fee being the amount Liverpool and the media keeps saying, makes us look like a very small team in south London.

Maybe she won't say it as we didn't negotiate it possibly?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    iaitch said:

Unless i missed it, Why haven't Katrien come out and said, we will get X amount of Pounds when Joe plays so many games for Liverpool and Any full Caps we will also get money plus a % of a transfer when/if he moves on from Liverpool.

Don't say the amount, but it would reassure our fans we haven't been mugged for the 100th time since i have be been supporting this club.
    To let the Football World believe We sold Gomez for just £3.5 Million,when he walks straight into their team and with this fee being the amount Liverpool and the media keeps saying, makes us look like a very small team in south London.

Maybe she won't say it as we didn't negotiate it possibly?
    Or maybe she won't say it (assuming it was negotiated) because the clauses are confidential? Also, most companies wouldn't announce details of future speculative earnings (us) or costs (Liverpool).

Who knows? Certainly none of us apart from Colin.
  • Options
    OAndyHunt said:

I think Gomez will go on to be our most successful youth product, in 2 years he will be a regular for England. Sickening to think Everton are holding out for £40 million for Stones.... if we could have held on to him for one more season we would be asking for £15m

Everton bought Stones from a Championship club for 3m. That club will get a slice of any profit if and when he is sold. Nice for Barnsley

Is our deal the same? Don't know.

Could Charlton done more to "leak" their version of the events/fee? Perhaps.

Is placating some fans' unhappiness over the reported size of the fee seen as important to the club? Probably not as they get what they get regardless and the club seems to prefer "undisclosed" with all deals anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    why let other clubs know how much you have to spend just so fans feel better
  • Options
    Liverpool couldn't believe their luck on how cheap they got Jonjo , they're prolly laughing even more on the steal that is Joe Gomez !
  • Options
    CAFC don't have to say any amounts.
    Just that there will be add on's.
    Open your ears Guys?
    In my neck of the woods, local football fans are saying to me i see CAFC have given another good young player away cheaply.

I know the way round this ?

I'll move away.
  • Options
    I thought he was absolute class. He looked more than comfortable playing for one the biggest football clubs in the world, lets not forget how many before him have not been able to handle the pressure of playing for such a big club. I think the Liverpool fans know what a "potential" superstar they have on their hands as they were clapping nearly everything he did, (even the simplest of passes)
    I think most people that watched his Charlton debut would agree, he looked so so good and knew 100% he would go onto much bigger and better things (maybe not so soon!!) but it makes me proud to be a Charlton supporter seeing a lad doing SO well after learning his trade at our club. I think, (personally) that he will be the best ever youth product to come out of CAFC, even going on to captain our national team. I know it is "early doors" in his career but if he can stay fit and progress at the rate he currently is I am sure he will become a SUPERSTAR.......................................and no I am not his Dad, but I'm sure he is a very very proud man!

Well done Joe Gomez, keep it up son...............

COYR....
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Starts for Liverpool away at Arsenal.

Arsenal's front four are Alexis, Ozil, Cazorla and Giroud.
  • Options
    What I can't understand why other big PL clubs weren't after Gomez as well. His talent was hardly a secret
  • Options
    I think he could be badly exposed paying left back tonight. At least play the lad in his right position
  • Options

Gonna be a massive test for him this... If he plays a blinder he'll be getting an England call up by the end of the Season week easy.

• Options
    I'm baffled, Joe Gomez can't tackle with his left foot, why didn't Wenger play Walcot to take him on ? not watching game but saw line up.