Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez rumours (ed. Signed for Liverpool)

Comments

• Options
    Definitely an assist there... Coutinho couldnt have scored without the pass :)
  • Options
    Think Milner will be an excellent signing for Liverpool.
  • Options

Think Milner will be an excellent signing for Liverpool.

Still only 29, should be his prime in the central position.
  • Options
    An absolute steal for my fantasy football team if he keeps racking up the appearances and points for my fantasy team
  • Options
    I would say that was a pretty assured performance. Well done Joe. A bit sad he gets trumped today by a 16 yr old at Wet Spam!
  • Options
    I suppose a loan back is now out of the question.
  • Options
    I thought Joe did really well, considering it was his first game, and he was up against Walters, a seasoned pro some of his teammates seemed a bit hesitant to pass him the ball at times, it will be very interesting following his career.
  • Options
    Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he gets an England call at the end of the season
  • Options

Get your money out PA</blockquote

Ok. Not right now, as I'm at the stadium of the Czech champions.

Just one thing though. Did I bet YOU?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nope you bet NLA, show him the money.
  • Options
    Well done Joe.
  • Options

I would say that was a pretty assured performance. Well done Joe. A bit sad he gets trumped today by a 16 yr old at Wet Spam!

Shame for Poyet that one... got another player standing between him and the first team now!!! #splintersinhisbum
  • Options

Diego Poyet must be re-evaluating his career plans now. He's never got a look in at West Ham and now a 16 year old has overtaken him in the pecking order. Back to the Championship for you Diego

Good. I hope that's where he ends up. He could've shown a bit of loyalty and it would've helped him more in the long run - but he didn't. He got a bit too big for his boots.

At least Gomez followed in the footsteps of Shelvey and Jenkinson, i.e making sure we get a fair deal out of the transfer instead of a 'nominal fee.'

Gomez had a decent game today. Walters showed his experience but he will only get better.
  • Options
    Joe had a decent game in what was a pretty mediocre football match played out by a bunch of youthful millionaires
  • Options

It's exactly the reason golf , I was playing a Rd at the nth Essex club, 4 ball with an agent an ex prem player and the dad of a player who now plays in the prem ,

we got to the 19th with me understanding more than ever how these three people all need each other in the modern game,

I was saying it's about time this rule was bought in as we had spent the last hr slating McClaren, capello and sven and their failure to build on what was a great pool of England's finest players,

The agent and the dad said well I'd find a new club or hope you get promoted as you have some real quality players coming through that you will never see the best of as the top clubs because of this rule will take them and get them cheap due to the lack of game time they will have with you, infact they both thought we wouldn't ever see gomez In the first team ,

I will have a bullseye with you prague as I believe he is too good not to get to.the top right now

Agreed.

I certainly agree he looks like being an absolutely top player. I just don't think he'll be in the Liverpool team by Christmas. That's the trouble with these moves. You've kind of spelt out the reason in the earlier part of the post.

If instead we have to watch him at the Valley in a Derby shirt keeping Vetokele in his pocket, well, I think you'll want to ask yourself where English football is going and what the hell we do about it.

Upbeats 50 quid richer good man pa

So good he plays out of position
  • Options

It's exactly the reason golf , I was playing a Rd at the nth Essex club, 4 ball with an agent an ex prem player and the dad of a player who now plays in the prem ,

we got to the 19th with me understanding more than ever how these three people all need each other in the modern game,

I was saying it's about time this rule was bought in as we had spent the last hr slating McClaren, capello and sven and their failure to build on what was a great pool of England's finest players,

The agent and the dad said well I'd find a new club or hope you get promoted as you have some real quality players coming through that you will never see the best of as the top clubs because of this rule will take them and get them cheap due to the lack of game time they will have with you, infact they both thought we wouldn't ever see gomez In the first team ,

I will have a bullseye with you prague as I believe he is too good not to get to.the top right now

Agreed.

I certainly agree he looks like being an absolutely top player. I just don't think he'll be in the Liverpool team by Christmas. That's the trouble with these moves. You've kind of spelt out the reason in the earlier part of the post.

If instead we have to watch him at the Valley in a Derby shirt keeping Vetokele in his pocket, well, I think you'll want to ask yourself where English football is going and what the hell we do about it.

• Options

Diego Poyet must be re-evaluating his career plans now. He's never got a look in at West Ham and now a 16 year old has overtaken him in the pecking order. Back to the Championship for you Diego

Good. I hope that's where he ends up. He could've shown a bit of loyalty and it would've helped him more in the long run - but he didn't. He got a bit too big for his boots.

At least Gomez followed in the footsteps of Shelvey and Jenkinson, i.e making sure we get a fair deal out of the transfer instead of a 'nominal fee.'

Gomez had a decent game today. Walters showed his experience but he will only get better.
    Saw out the whole of his contract.
    No difference to club letting Church go when his contract ended.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Imagine how good Gomez would have been if he had played his best position or at least had someone in front actually to a bit of tracking back.
  • Options

Agreed.

For sure. Will post here when I've done it. As I did last time with Dick Plumb.

Now call off your bad body double.

Well done Joe. Just not sure you've chosen a better manager.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Saw out the whole of his contract.
    No difference to club letting Church go when his contract ended.
    It is. The club didn't want to renew Church's contract and he had been at the club for a couple of years. The club wanted to renew Poyet's contract - Poyet is a player the club had spent a lot of time and effort (and money) developing.
  • Options
    Poyet is an absolute joker. Thorough waste of a career . I didn't watch the game today but I am delighted for Gomez; I hope Rodgers isn't given huge credit for recognising his talent though - we all saw it
  • Options
    Rodgers has been amazed at Joe's attitude, maturity and conduct around the club.
    This more than what he has done on the field has impressed.
    It took Rodgers a few minutes to realise what a special talent and lad he has on his books.
    Delighted for Joe.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Poyet is an absolute joker. Thorough waste of a career . I didn't watch the game today but I am delighted for Gomez; I hope Rodgers isn't given huge credit for recognising his talent though - we all saw it

He is about 20 isn't he. Bit early to say a waste of a career I think
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

He is about 20 isn't he. Bit early to say a waste of a career I think
    I think that was several pints talking! He's certainly wasted 15-16 months and counting. I still believe he'd have been far better off staying with us, like Cousins has done
  • Options

Rodgers has been amazed at Joe's attitude, maturity and conduct around the club.
    This more than what he has done on the field has impressed.
    It took Rodgers a few minutes to realise what a special talent and lad he has on his books.
    Delighted for Joe.

interesting day as regards young players .. Joe looking totally at home and young Oxford making his West Ham debut at age 16 and making the most completed passes of any midfielder in the game .. if they were 5 or 50 yard passes, I do not know
  • Options
    A 16yr old in front of Poyet now then