Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez rumours (ed. Signed for Liverpool)

Comments

• Options

That's assuming we have a sell on clause........

We are such a poorly run football club now full of administrative personnel that have no idea what they are doing have ripped all that was good out and thrown it in the trash, there's no way we have even considered doing that and wouldn't know where to even look for support

Not
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

The sell on clause is probably made out personally to Roland just in case he sells the club by then.

I wouldn't be surprised to be honest, but let's be fair, he's dipped his hand in his pocket this summer..... Either that or mortgaged us up to the hilt in debt!

• Options
    Is it just me but I thought Gomez looked uncomfortable in possession and gave the ball away quite a lot against Arsenal. No doubting his athleticism. Not sure LB is his best position.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

Is it just me but I thought Gomez looked uncomfortable in possession and gave the ball away quite a lot against Arsenal. No doubting his athleticism. Not sure LB is his best position.

I think most of us are sure it's not his best position.
  • Options
    IA said:

ct_addick said:

I think most of us are sure it's not his best position.
    not even his third best position

• Options
    Good to see Joe playing right back For England's U21.
    Joe must be the only player who can play the worse two passes in 10 seconds, i've seen all season yet still seem class, before and after.
  • Options

ross1 said:

And Jenkinson at West Ham/Arsenal

And Jordan cousins at charlton, Chris solly at charlton, Karlan ahearne grant at charlton and Morgan fox at charlton.

I mean what has valley gold ever done for us??
    You missed out Callum Harriot but a very valid point IMHO. We get players in the first team and some we sell. Others get released.

Better than no players coming through at all.

Interesting point made on Dr Kish that next season there will be no emergency window so no opportunity to loan in players after the window closes.

So we'll have to loan players (in and out) early or not at all and then rely on our own squad.
    Long term, that might, just, be a good thing. If Prem teams don't have anywhere (but overseas?) to loan out the kids they've bought on the cheap on the off-chance they'll become superstars, then those kids might think twice about signing up to play absolutely no football at all. The next generation of Poyets might hang around longer (and their contracts might be a bit cheaper too!)
  • Options
    No wonder we only got £3.5m he's just given away a penalty.

:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But he played at Old Trafford today rather than Rotherham at home. THAT'S why he moved.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

No wonder we only got £3.5m he's just given away a penalty.

:-)

First time I've seen him playing for Liverpool when he's been a little naive - that's all.
  • Options
    Played well apart from the challenge, I didn't realise just how good he can deliver a ball,
  • Options
    Herrera was exceedingly clever for the penalty . Gomez should be playing centre back with Skrtel
  • Options
    Agree, should be at CH. I'd have thought LB was about the last position he should be playing. However apart from the pen he's been doing well there.
  • Options

Agree, should be at CH. I'd have thought LB was about the last position he should be playing. However apart from the pen he's been doing well there.

THIS.
    Joe can't tackle with his left foot, so will be exposed at times by premier right sided players. because he is so strong and glides over the ground i'm amazed he's not being played in his best position at Centre back. Why Wenger didn't put Walcott or the OX against him to take him on the outside the other week was a mystery. He a 18 year old version of John Stones. good idea to play him in his best position at the back not his weakest.
  • Options
    He's faster than stones imo. Both will be first choice for England in years to come though.
  • Options
    Clyne ... Stones ... Gomez ... Shaw

Not the worst England Defence for years to come... Plus am sure Reece Oxford will make things difficult for the two Centre Backs
  • Options
    ---------Butland
    Clyne - Stones - Gomez - Shaw
    Redmond -- Delph -- Sterling
    ------Barkley - Shelvey
    -----------Kane

Not a bad crop coming through together!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As Joe was put back to the bench for the match against Norwich.
    Will his agent be on the phone to the CEO of Liverpool like he was
    to Katrien every time he didn't start for CAFC ? (while the agent is on the phone mention that his weakest defensive position is LB)
  • Options

to Katrien every time he didn't start for CAFC ? (while the agent is on the phone mention that his weakest defensive position is LB)

Not sure how true that is but either way it's pretty poor management from Rodgers.
  • Options

Not sure how true that is but either way it's pretty poor management from Rodgers.
    Red Robin; I didn't hear it from my Cousin's bosses sister ?

From the Lips of Katrien Miere.

• Options

why? He's 18 and started every game so far. Rodgers changed formation and played three at the back, taking a chnace to give Joe a rest/break. Seems pretty sensible to me.

• Options
    If Liverpool continue to play yesterdays system then Gomez will surely only get in as a centre back. Clyne is automatic right back and Moreno is a much better left wing back option.

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

---------Butland
    ------Barkley - Shelvey
    -----------Kane

Add in the likes of Loftus-Cheek, Solanke, Grealish, Ibe and we have some decent prospects there.
  • Options

Fair enough.

why? He's 18 and started every game so far. Rodgers changed formation and played three at the back, taking a chnace to give Joe a rest/break. Seems pretty sensible to me.

Just wondered if it will do his confidence any good after dropping him after his mistake in the Utd game.
  • Options

*Sniggers*

• Options

CAFCsayer said:

---------Butland
    ------Barkley - Shelvey
    -----------Kane

Add in the likes of Loftus-Cheek, Solanke, Grealish, Ibe and we have some decent prospects there.
    There's a young lad at Colchester currently ripping up trees too
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

---------Butland
    ------Barkley - Shelvey
    -----------Kane

F right off!