Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez rumours (ed. Signed for Liverpool)

Comments

• Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

He was as much the real deal and the finished article when we sold him. The only thing Liverpool can add is experience, but I don't believe they will coach him into being a better player.

Seth, do you actually believe what you post ?

Liverpool can't coach Gomez, into being a better player ?

So if Gomez stays there for 10 years, there is absolutely nothing, Liverpool will do to improve him ?

Laughable.

Why do any clubs employ coaches then ? If they can't improve a player, once they get to say 19 years of age ?
    There is nothing Liverpool can do that anybody else could do the same.
    Better technical coaching, playing with better players, better physical development strategies, better analytical and positional coaching.....
    Well OK, so do you believe that had Joe been at the Liverpool academy up to now he would be even better than he is?

• Options
    edited July 2015
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

He was as much the real deal and the finished article when we sold him. The only thing Liverpool can add is experience, but I don't believe they will coach him into being a better player.

Seth, do you actually believe what you post ?

Liverpool can't coach Gomez, into being a better player ?

So if Gomez stays there for 10 years, there is absolutely nothing, Liverpool will do to improve him ?

Laughable.

Why do any clubs employ coaches then ? If they can't improve a player, once they get to say 19 years of age ?
    There is nothing Liverpool can do that anybody else could do the same.
    Better technical coaching, playing with better players, better physical development strategies, better analytical and positional coaching.....
    Well OK, so do you believe that had Joe been at the Liverpool academy up to now he would be even better than he is?

I'm not sure I can answer that and even if i did how could we say who's right and who's wrong? Charlton have always been excellent with their youngsters...but he's a senior player now.

The point is that your original comment was that Joe is the finished article already and Liverpool won't coach him into a better player. To me, that's not gonna be the case. He will improve as a player if he stays at Liverpool with the better facilities and coaching environment.
  • Options
    I was clumsy in my original point, but you have said it for me, we have always been, and are good at producing players, and I simply don't want some strutting Liverpool fans thinking 'yeah but, he would've amounted to nothing if we hadn't signed him'.
    Liverpool from memory have had Paul Walsh, Paul Konchesky, and Jonjo Shelvey in their team who have all started at our academy, and now the best one of all in my view.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Not always the case Gal, some people you are right are lifted up to the environment around them at that age. However, there are also instances where the reverse happens and they lose their way in that environment. Equally, there are those who develop further being the big fish in the smaller pond.

Think I'm probably with you though, but it's not always a given.

Still gutted he is gone and getting no enjoyment / pride whatsoever from his great reviews in the last few days, like Charlton have provided some form of 'services to football'
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I was clumsy in my original point, but you have said it for me, we have always been, and are good at producing players, and I simply don't want some strutting Liverpool fans thinking 'yeah but, he would've amounted to nothing if we hadn't signed him'.
    Liverpool from memory have had Paul Walsh, Paul Konchesky, and Jonjo Shelvey in their team who have all started at our academy, and now the best one of all in my view.

Seth I absolutely agree with you on that. It winds me up no end when clubs that take time and effort into producing these players don't get recognised, but we know and I think Joe is a level headed lad that will never forget what the staff at Sparrows Lane did for him.
  • Options

Someone seems to have removed my post, I said Athletico's colleague talks out his arse and is a knob jockey.

Because he told me something you hope isn't true?
  • Options

Not always the case Gal, some people you are right are lifted up to the environment around them at that age. However, there are also instances where the reverse happens and they lose their way in that environment. Equally, there are those who develop further being the big fish in the smaller pond.

Think I'm probably with you though, but it's not always a given.

Still gutted he is gone and getting no enjoyment / pride whatsoever from his great reviews in the last few days, like Charlton have provided some form of 'services to football'

I think if a player joins a bigger club and is stuck in the ressies or goes out on loans twice a season then they can regress as players (the last year with Poyet could be used as an example) but with Joe I believe he's ready for premiership football because of his physicality and speed. At Liverpool, I think he will now encounter better analysis, technical challenges and his all round game will improve.
  • Options

Nope cos he talks out his arse.

Well maybe but his source seems better than any of the 'some bloke told me' stories I have read on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2015

Well maybe but his source seems better than any of the 'some bloke told me' stories I have read on here.
    I agree, he's talking out his arse
  • Options

But anyone can say they spoke to someone, doesn't mean its true.

I see seth wum is fishing with great success on this thread to. So odd.
  • Options
    I got information that I have posted on here already pretty much from the horse's mouth. It was weird at the time to get some comments from people believing I was posting due to craving attention. And this is an issue with people posting what they have heard as often they do not wish to break a confidence. So please take this or leave it.

Prior to the deal being done I was told the fee was in the region of six million rising to eight with add ons. I do not know the break down of payments or what the initial payment was. It is surprising to find out that players know very
    little about what the club has received for them. They are just told an acceptable deal has been reached and they can begin contract negotiations.

Liverpool were front runners for quite a while and wanted a quick deal.

I am delighted at how well he seems to have settled but not surprised. It is disappointing that we could not hold on to him for longer but both he and the club thought the time was right.

• Options

You are mistaken if you think I am fishing on this thread.
    If you consider me to basically be a wind up merchant then fair enough if that is the general effect of my posts on you, but I don't contribute to Charlton Life with the intention of winding people up.
    If you feel vulnerable and attacked or annoyed in some way by what I write may I suggest you ignore me?
  • Options

I got information that I have posted on here already pretty much from the horse's mouth. It was weird at the time to get some comments from people believing I was posting due to craving attention. And this is an issue with people posting what they have heard as often they do not wish to break a confidence. So please take this or leave it.

Prior to the deal being done I was told the fee was in the region of six million rising to eight with add ons. I do not know the break down of payments or what the initial payment was. It is surprising to find out that players know very
    little about what the club has received for them. They are just told an acceptable deal has been reached and they can begin contract negotiations.

as they get a cut of the fee they would know exactly what was being paid.
  • Options
    I have seen it said many times that a player gets a percentage of what he is sold for, this is not always the case though surely , it would have to be some player for a club to do that and it must impact on the wages they could earn from both clubs
  • Options
    I thought players getting a percentage was a thing of the past. They sometimes just get a set fee now.
  • Options

I have seen it said many times that a player gets a percentage of what he is sold for, this is not always the case though surely , it would have to be some player for a club to do that and it must impact on the wages they could earn from both clubs

I believe that as long as you dont hand in a transfer request you are entitled to a % (hence parker refusing to train AND refusing to hand in a transfer request).

However, what with agent fees etc the player will never be in a position to calculate their cut from the fee alone. I imagine that the agent will give them a figure at the end to tell them what they have made
  • Options

I thought players getting a percentage was a thing of the past. They sometimes just get a set fee now.

I think if they don't ask for a transfer and are sold, they get the rest of the wages remaining on their contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2015
    MrOneLung said:

as they get a cut of the fee they would know exactly what was being paid.
    This isn't the case in many transfers any more. The signing on fee is a thing of the past or certainly on its way out.
  • Options

Very true. Could all be rubbish. In context, his wife's family own a football club near to Liverpool hence why he mixes in those circles. He himself has little interest in football so can't see why he would lie/be winding me up and he doesn't really come across like that. Having said that, he told me about 2/3 days before the deal was announced as completed so things may have changed but seemed to be a done deal already at the time
  • Options
    I just can't imagine why we would have let him go for such a price.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    bloody hell, look at that . ( Callums video above)

One more full season. Was that really impossible to achieve? And how much more would we then have got for him?

We know it's a business. But as Andy Walsh of FC United asked today at the Supporters Summit. " these guys who run the big clubs today. Are they really the fount of all wisdom?"
  • Options
    Based on that video, he played bloody well, in his 3rd choice position!
  • Options
    Remember the pre-season when Rooney broke on to the scene and everyone was raving about it and how he'd be involved a lot for Everton that season, see the samenwith Joe Gomez in that video, no way can he loaned out as he even looked a wave length ahead of some of his team mates in that video (i.e. he'd play a perfect pass that they wouldnt expect and would have to move themselves to get on the end of it)

Definitely on the bench against Stoke I reckon
  • Options
    Could have seen that form for a whole season if he didn't walk out on the club.
  • Options
    Joe Gomez didnt walk out on us, had Liverpool or no one else shown an interest he'd still be here

Could have been worse... Patrick Roberts is 17 and has handed in a Transfer Request to force through his move to Manchester City now THAT is walking out on your club