Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez rumours (ed. Signed for Liverpool)

Comments

• Options
    He's far too good to be loaned out. Especially when he can play in every position across the back 4 to cover any injury issues.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    jams said:

@JamesPearceEcho: Rodgers says there's no chance Joe Gomez will go out on loan this season. 'He will stay here and compete for a place.' #LFC

Absolutely chuffed as hell for young Joe with that news!

Sad that he's no longer with us, but it would be gutting to see him doing a Poyet and spending the next season languishing away gathering dust; it looks like young Joe may just have a shot at getting bedded in to the first team set up, which at barely18 is incredible.

Taken from the liverpool forum linked above:
    BR on Gomez:
    “He’s staying. I’ve seen enough in this period... Watching him and his personality – he’ll be staying, he’ll get games"
    “He’s only 18, but seeing him play at left-back for the first time, he looked an outstanding athlete, a really good footballer"
    "I’ve seen him at centre-half and at right-back, but I wanted to see him at left-back – and I thought he was outstanding.”
  • Options

June 22 -

A pre-season with the squad, Liverpool will realise just how good this kid is and he won't be going anywhere.

July 17 -
    jakecafc said:
    *sits back and lights cigar*
    To be fair Gazza...we ALL thought the same anyway!!! Collective cigar called for!! :wink:
  • Options
    We gave him away.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

We gave him away.

The Liverpool fans seem to have realised that too; "However, if he develops and if his obvious potential is fulfilled, we might have to go back and give Charlton some more money or we'll get accused of robbery." - taken from their forum.

I must say, I hope some of them are enjoying their humble pie now. Some of the comments when LFC signed Gomez were bewildering - too young, no pedigree, bargain basement... etc etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

We gave him away.

He walked away.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

Mixture of happiness and sadness when I read about Joe.

What frustrates me is the lack of appreciation our academy will get from other football 'experts' In a few years when Joe is a first team regular. We won't get a mention.

Joe was still raw when Liverpool plucked him from obscurity……………
  • Options
    He was as much the real deal and the finished article when we sold him. The only thing Liverpool can add is experience, but I don't believe they will coach him into being a better player.
    We have been absolutely robbed, and for £3.5 million it is the transfer bargain of all time.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    seth plum said:

He was as much the real deal and the finished article when we sold him. The only thing Liverpool can add is experience, but I don't believe they will coach him into being a better player.

Seth, do you actually believe what you post ?

Liverpool can't coach Gomez, into being a better player ?

So if Gomez stays there for 10 years, there is absolutely nothing, Liverpool will do to improve him ?

Laughable.

Why do any clubs employ coaches then ? If they can't improve a player, once they get to say 19 years of age ?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

We gave him away.

How much did we get for him?

Think it's more about him than us in that he's that good that he was never going to be here long, no matter how "ambitious" our owner is.
  • Options
    £7m we will get.
  • Options
    Well I got 12mill with add-ons to take it to 16 from Citeh on FM so I'm pretty chuffed personally
  • Options
    Wish someone ITK would fess up to the exact details of the deal as whatever Liverpool paid for Joe it wasnt enough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Scoham said:

LenGlover said:

We gave him away.

Think it's more about him than us in that he's that good that he was never going to be here long, no matter how "ambitious" our owner is.
    According to the press £3.5 million or, to put it another way, 14 Joe Gomezs equal 1 Raheem Sterling.
  • Options
    It's only one game, but I really hope Joe does well at Liverpool, he's got a lot to learn, and how many times have we seen youngsters fall away, I hope he settles well in the area, and reaches his full potential.
  • Options

seth plum said:

So if Gomez stays there for 10 years, there is absolutely nothing, Liverpool will do to improve him ?

Laughable.

Why do any clubs employ coaches then ? If they can't improve a player, once they get to say 19 years of age ?
    There is nothing Liverpool can do that anybody else could do the same.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Scoham said:

LenGlover said:

We gave him away.

According to the press £3.5 million or, to put it another way, 14 Joe Gomezs equal 1 Raheem Sterling.
    And according to other sources we got £5-7m plus add ons, which I wouldn't call giving him away.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Laughable.

I don't understand what this means ?
  • Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Laughable.

I don't understand what this means ?
    What I mean is Liverpool, or Charlton of any other half decent club with half decent coaching will support Joe Gomez in his inevitable future footballing success. I posted because it will annoy me greatly if Liverpool claim that he was an ordinary player with us, and could only blossom when they got their mitts on him

• Options
    edited July 2015
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Laughable.

Better technical coaching, playing with better players, better physical development strategies, better analytical and positional coaching.....