Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez rumours (ed. Signed for Liverpool)

Comments

• Options

iainment said:

bobmunro said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

ross1 said:

Hugely frustrating to see 3.5m figure being bounded about as fact. Totally incorrect.... #cafc Olly Groom

So publish the actual amount. Rumours then quashed immediately.
    But the argument is other clubs will know how much we received and we will have to pay inflated prices for any incomings.
    So keep it secret and accept there will be gossip.
    Which I believe is what they have done!!
    Apart from Olly Groom. Whoever he is.
    Olly *GroomE*
    Still unknown to me :smile:
  • Options
    Let's wait and see, eh.
  • Options

And now your an Internet phenomenon in your own right,

He's always been an Internet phenomenon in his own right ;-)

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/47641/the-olly-thread/p1
  • Options
    Well, this is Joe Gomez' agent, or rather agency. Impossible to tell which one of their several agents was actually involved. They seem to be carving out a niche with young players. Present a sophisticated face of a range of services for young players. And up to a point, fair enough. Then I got to the page which shows their own team (click on 'team"). It proudly proclaims "Each staff member has been CRB checked and cleared to work with young people. We are a professional team with qualifications and experience to put your mind at rest". The trouble is that two of the agents themselves look hardly any older than Joe himself!
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Don't clubs, as a matter of course, ring up agents to see what a players on before proceeding with a deal?

No
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Well, this is Joe Gomez' agent, or rather agency. Impossible to tell which one of their several agents was actually involved. They seem to be carving out a niche with young players. Present a sophisticated face of a range of services for young players. And up to a point, fair enough. Then I got to the page which shows their own team (click on 'team"). It proudly proclaims "Each staff member has been CRB checked and cleared to work with young people. We are a professional team with qualifications and experience to put your mind at rest". The trouble is that two of the agents themselves look hardly any older than Joe himself!

"We can assist with any relocation needs, including the best possible mortgage and financial advice." is what their web site says. Sounds illegal unless they are FCA registered, which they are not. Who'd like to grass them up on the basis that revenge is a dish best served cold?
    I imagine they just recommend a mortgage advisor.
  • Options
    Judging by their list of clients I'm going to assume that Joe's move is the biggest they have had.
  • Options
    Gomez said he signed for Liverpool, because of Brendan Rogers and he gives youngsters a chance.
  • Options
    Sean O'Driscoll joining Liverpool as Assistant Manager so will be good for Gomez and young players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Gomez said he signed for Liverpool, because of Brendan Rogers and he gives youngsters a chance.

And Charlton don't
  • Options

Tiago Ilori?
  • Options

Liverpool have a terrible recent history with centre backs so I think he's a bit clueless:

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/why-joe-gomez-might-just-be-walking-career-hell
  • Options

Gomez said he signed for Liverpool, because Brendan Rogers gives youngsters a Porsche.

Fixed it for you Joe.

• Options
    To be fair to Joe, I think his point was that, in the Premier League context - and especially amongst the top clubs - Liverpool have been prepared to give young players a chance. I think he's undoubtedly right in that if you look at the last few years. The potential downside is that Rodgers may not be there by Christmas if his team have a mediocre first half of the season.

Joe also clearly has a lot of self belief and thinks he'll get a chance to show what he can do there. I'm inclined to agree with him, with The League Cup and, especially, the Europa Cup looming.

Plus, who wouldn't fancy their chances of getting a game in central defence at when Kolo Toure - that pretend car salesman - has just has his contract extended....
  • Options
    Would that be the same Kolo Toure that has won the Premier League and the FA Cup with two different clubs and was part of Arsenal's unbeaten season?
  • Options

Would that be the same Kolo Toure that has won the Premier League and the FA Cup with two different clubs and was part of Arsenal's unbeaten season?

A long time ago though. Have you seen him play recently?
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Blucher said:

To be fair to Joe, I think his point was that, in the Premier League context - and especially amongst the top clubs - Liverpool have been prepared to give young players a chance. I think he's undoubtedly right in that if you look at the last few years. The potential downside is that Rodgers may not be there by Christmas if his team have a mediocre first half of the season.

Joe also clearly has a lot of self belief and thinks he'll get a chance to show what he can do there. I'm inclined to agree with him, with The League Cup and, especially, the Europa Cup looming.

Plus, who wouldn't fancy their chances of getting a game in central defence at when Kolo Toure - that pretend car salesman - has just has his contract extended....

Not only is he a used car salesman, but I've also heard that he is interested in buying charlton
  • Options

Christ, KHA that was years ago! A good player in his time, but he is well past his sell by date now.
  • Options
    Joe Gomez is playing in the First Half for Liverpool against the Thai All Stars, about to Kick-Off

http://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shouldn't be too much of a challenge for Joe tonight. Will keep an eye on how he gets on. The Thai All Stars are not all the 'starry'. Not the Thai national team that others have faced at certain times. The Rajamagala Stadium is not even close to full. Shows how Liverpool have slipped in recent years. In recent years Man Utd, Barca and Chelsea have sold it out.
  • Options
    Doing well so far
  • Options
    18 mins: Good play again from Gomez, who has looked Liverpool's liveliest player so far, as he gets away down the right and tries to cross for Ings, but the ball is cut out.
  • Options
    is he playing CB or RB?
  • Options

is he playing CB or RB?

RB
  • Options
    £49m for Sterling £3.5m for Gomez
  • Options

£49m for Sterling £3.5m for Gomez

Was going to LoL but it really isn't funny.