Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez rumours (ed. Signed for Liverpool)

Comments

• Options
    Someone on LiverpoolLife already compared him to Varane of Real Madrid based on 45 minutes.
  • Options

£49m for Sterling £3.5m for Gomez

Don't worry. Those in the know claim it was nearer ten million but won't say their sources. Just got to trust them ain't we.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Don't worry. Those in the know claim it was nearer ten million but won't say their sources. Just got to trust them ain't we.
    Either way it's daft that QPR got more for Sterling than we did for Gomez

• Options
    edited July 2015

Swisdom said:

MrOneLung said:

How do you know we havn't got a similar sell-on agreed and when Joe joins Barca in two years for 80m we Roland will be quid's in.

• Options
    Sometimes a club will negotiate the sell on for a payment. This is a possibility here, and why the reported fee may be less than what we have heard.
  • Options

Sometimes a club will negotiate the sell on for a payment. This is a possibility here, and why the reported fee may be less than what we have heard.

agree but I doubt so soon after the deal has been done.

• Options
    How did Birmingham manage to get Demaral Gray at just 19 to sign a new contract as they had already turned down a 5 Million bid for him six months ago.
    And other bids were in the offing from Prem clubs ?

Are they just more ambitious than Charlton or is it the fact that another six months in the first team at the blues and he will be worth about 10 Million at least.
    I guess Roland was just worried that Joe might get injured and the undisclosed fee disappear into thin air ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How did Birmingham manage to get Demaral Gray at just 19 to sign a new contract as they had already turned down a 5 Million bid for him six months ago.

Are they just more ambitious than Charlton or is it the fact that another six months in the first team at the blues and he will be worth about 10 Million at least.
    I guess Roland was just worried that Joe might get injured and the undisclosed fee disappear into thin air ?

Joe recently (October) signed a 3 year deal with the option of a 4th year, other clubs would have already been aware of Joe and his talents.
  • Options

Joe recently (October) signed a 3 year deal with the option of a 4th year, other clubs would have already been aware of Joe and his talents.
    As they are of Gray's.
  • Options

As they are of Gray's.
    exactly, so it's no different to Birmingham getting him to sign a new deal.
  • Options
    They're signing Benteke. Still think they could get so much out of Balotelli if they use him correctly and he gets his head together. They should sell off all strikers but keep Balo, Benteke and Sturridge.
  • Options
    Gray has played for England at U18, U19 and under 20.

Can't be under the radar. Looks very sharp when i've seen him play.
  • Options
    With Gray though isnt it a case so far that only Bournemouth have shown an interest or put an offer in, £5m for a Championship winger where they are an English prospect at that age isnt that much money (Seeing that Patrick Roberts (17) of Fulham is wanted by Man City and Liverpool for £10m)
  • Options
    dizzee said:

They're signing Benteke. Still think they could get so much out of Balotelli if they use him correctly and he gets his head together. They should sell off all strikers but keep Balo, Benteke and Sturridge.

There's your problem dizzee. I like Mario, I can see how he could be one of the very best strikers around, but he's been going backwards over the last 2 or 3 seasons now and I think its really up to him if he wants to arrest that slide or not, I'm not sure there's much more any of his coaches can do for him. I don't think he's a bad lad at all, I just don't think he really gives a fuck about anything much and that attitude is not conducive to making it to the top.

• Options
    Absolutely spot on EA - it's all in Balotelli's head/attitude.

Anybody that saw him in the Euro's two years ago, could not doubt his talent. However if sucessive top managers (including Mourinho), keep giving up on you, then I think there is an obvious problem somewhere, that lies within.
  • Options

Absolutely spot on EA - it's all in Balotelli's head/attitude.

Anybody that saw him in the Euro's two years ago, could not doubt his talent. However if sucessive top managers (including Mourinho), keep giving up on you, then I think there is an obvious problem somewhere, that lies within.

Balotelli is more interested in being Balotelli than a footballer.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

MrOneLung said:

no they didn't. They got 600k for Sterling, we got at least 3.5m for Gomez. QPR have just received 20% as a sell on fee. How do you know we havn't got a similar sell-on agreed and when Joe joins Barca in two years for 80m we will be quid's in.

Not 80 , but I think this is extremely likely actually .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's difficult to compare different players and different clubs as we are completely unaware of the terms and conditions of the contracts. Allegedly Joe had a release clause. Would Charlton have let him go if there wasn't? Probably, if the price was right, but we don't know for sure.

It's also down to the individual players and their advisors. Some take the short term profit, others prefer to make a bigger name for themselves before making a move. It's no different to any other job where money may be the motivation for some but loyal, prospects and job satisfaction are more important to others.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Young Joe trending on Twitter. Had a bit of a stormer for the scousers by all accounts.

We were done!
  • Options
    Got a feeling he might be the best player we ever produce.
  • Options
    He will be head and shoulders above anything else we have in a few years - ABSOLUTE QUALITY.
    Nope. He'll be at Chelsea or Man City by then.

His agent will see to that.
  • Options
    For all the anger of him potentially being loaned to Derby, I think it is likely that he stays with Liverpool as a reserve
  • Options
    I see he played at left back today
  • Options
    Reserve?
    One scouser described him as Baresi and roberto Carlos rolled into one!