Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez rumours (ed. Signed for Liverpool)

Comments

• Options
    He was under contract and left. Compared to Poyet who fulfilled his contract and gets slated on here.
  • Options
    I doubt that was his intention when signing his first pro contract ' will sign this so charlton get a fee when I move on' more along lines of ' yes I am now a professional footballer'

Am playing devils advocate really to how Poyet got treated. No one is slagging the club off for releasing Church at end of his contract and it should be same when works the other way.
  • Options
    So Poyet should have accepted the deal and potentially one that could have affected his move to wherever
  • Options
    Personally I don't blame Gomez for anything. I think he's behaved both rationally and honourably, and hope he fulfills his rich promise.
    Rather, I hope that RD feels that we have been done a bit, and that we should learn lessons for future young stars. I don't expect RD to be swayed by the emotional arguments that we fans ought to see such a player for at least a season. However his goals and ours would coincide if he reflects that another season in our colors would probably have doubled the fee he could get when inevitably he was sold ( and he might have helped propel us into the FAPL, a la Zaha and Palace)
    But then how to stop them leaving prematurely? It needs a rethink of our contracts for top young players. And a strategy for dealing with predatory and unscrupulous agents, as I remain convinced of the substance of the background stories of the role of Gomez agent.
  • Options
    ^ lol. Shows what I know!

Still don't have a problem with either, both signed contracts which allowed CAFC to make money/play them. Better than many others... JLoyd Samuel, Defoe, Palmer, Huddart to name just 4.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    there can be no criticism of Joe in leaving CAFC, he played well for us, signed a new contract and then the club sold him. Of course as fans we all wanted to see him with us for another season but it was RD that sold him not Joe asking to leave.

Perhaps the undisclosed fee is being spent on undisclosed players :smile:
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Patrick Roberts £12million....discuss

Edit: please try to avoid the words; Roland, mugged & off
  • Options
    Fulham OS says it's undisclosed. Doubt it's £12m up front.

If rumours of the Gomez fee being around £6m plus add ons are true they suddenly don't look so far apart.

Looks like Gomez will get a chance next season with Liverpool which should mean more money for us. Will Roberts get many games for City?
  • Options
    So, Fulham recoup their money wasted on McCormack.
  • Options
    17 league goals and 9 assists for McCormack last season in a pony Fulham team would suggest he was a huge reason they stayed up last year , so I wouldn't say it was wasted money
  • Options
    As stated, I don't have a problem with Joe leaving. Was just comparing it the the hand wringing and vitriol poured out to Poyet who actually fulfilled his contract.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Fulham OS says it's undisclosed. Doubt it's £12m up front.

If rumours of the Gomez fee being around £6m plus add ons are true they suddenly don't look so far apart.

Looks like Gomez will get a chance next season with Liverpool which should mean more money for us. Will Roberts get many games for City?

Metro today said initial 5m rising to a possible 11m with add-on's
  • Options
    Has he been claimed as a Liverpool academy product yet ?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I was clumsy in my original point, but you have said it for me, we have always been, and are good at producing players, and I simply don't want some strutting Liverpool fans thinking 'yeah but, he would've amounted to nothing if we hadn't signed him'.
    Liverpool from memory have had Paul Walsh, Paul Konchesky, and Jonjo Shelvey in their team who have all started at our academy, and now the best one of all in my view.

Reading through all this thread and I've just realised I have absolutely no memory whatsoever of konchesky playing for Liverpool!!!
  • Options
    he scored in the FA Cup Final against West ham....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

It's daft. Move on.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I thought he scored for Westham against Liverpool in the FA cup final?
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

He did. But he also played 15 games for Liverpool at the start of 2010/11 season.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

He did. But he also played 15 games for Liverpool at the start of 2010/11 season.
    I know he played for Liverpool, I was replying to someone saying he scored for Liverpool against Westham in the FA cup final
  • Options
    Gomez has nt played in a cup final has he ?
  • Options
    not yet.
  • Options
    Funny that, I read today that Roberts went for 5million rising to 11 million
  • Options
    Starts again for Liverpool in this mornings friendly in.Australia
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Can we use the words numbers and made me?
  • Options
    edited July 2015

MrOneLung said:

I know he played for Liverpool, I was replying to someone saying he scored for Liverpool against Westham in the FA cup final
    i know mate, i was answering two posts at one time (see Elthams post)