Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Dizzle said:

Might sign Kerm in the loan window next week

colin1961 said:

We don't need a striker and a 34 year old one at that .....

Greenie said:

Dizzle said:

I bloody hope not......
    Hmm. When Makienok went off injured on Saturday, it appeared to be the biggest reason we lost the game, we might have otherwise won. We had no one up front to hold up the ball. Now if Kermy had been on the bench ?
    Please just stop.....!

Anyway the greedy one has been playing behind the front two since going B Mouth.
  • I've got 100/1 that the ball will burst, like last year.
  • LordDofB said:

Large has just emerged from his siesta.

opposite, too busy and didn't read article properly
  • After guy stated on several occasions we still needed 2 players and we WILL sign an attacking midfielder , its hard not to feel a tad dissatisfied but we have a good squad overall and as we know loan transfers and unattached players have played a big part in our recruitment in recent years so I'm sure our squad is not yet fully complete.
  • Don't think we have had a pleasant late surprise on transfer deadline day since Jerome Thomas arrived.
  • Stephen Kelly, Jermaine Pennant and a loanee premier league player all in before our next game, we're just saving a couple of weeks worth on wages by not signing them right now, chill guys it's all good B-)
  • sm said:

Don't think we have had a pleasant late surprise on transfer deadline day since Jerome Thomas arrived.

think the word "before" is missing between since and Jerome?
  • What worries me is that if we get another couple of injuries, we could find ourselves on a downward spiral. We have a good starting XI but there is no great depth. Our U21's are good but are they good enough to maintain the standard? Time will tell but I would've been happier if we'd splashed a bit of cash.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone think we'll announce the signing of Pennant at 6:01?
  • Rossman92 said:

Anyone think we'll announce the signing of Pennant at 6:01?

No
  • That's it then - on the bright side - no last minute OUTs! Glass half full!
  • sm said:

Don't think we have had a pleasant late surprise on transfer deadline day since Jerome Thomas arrived.

Pleasant for who? Arsenal?

• sm said:

I could think of many words, but pleasant wouldn't be one of them.
  • Charlton have just announced the signing of Far Kaul.

How tall ?

• Been out all today so can someone summarise for me all the signings we've made today with a precis of each of those players' CV to date so I know whether they are likely to be automatic first teamers.

Thanks in advance.

AA
  • We have made a really good start and in my opinion with a fully fit squad we could be top 6. However since the season started Luzon kept mentioning 1/2 signings which have not happened. Sure the loans open next week but it looks just like last season where nobody was brought in until too late and the good start had gone. If the same happens it will be so disappointing??
  • Sponsored links:

• sm said:

At 100k he was an absolute bargain back then.
    And he was a very, very talented player. Even on the days when he looked like he couldn't be bothered he was able to make Premier League defenders look very average. he scored some great goals. I think he just didn't look like he wanted to bother in the second division. I also think he went on to have a career playing at least one division above us after he left.
  • colin1961 said:

Shows lack of ambition joining a team set for Div one

clearly lacks ambition then
  • Been out all today so can someone summarise for me all the signings we've made today with a precis of each of those players' CV to date so I know whether they are likely to be automatic first teamers.

Thanks in advance.

AA

Your wish is my command AA. I think you will find my in depth analysis in bullet points below most enlightening:

-
  • sm said:

At 100k he was an absolute bargain back then.
    And he was a very, very talented player. Even on the days when he looked like he couldn't be bothered he was able to make Premier League defenders look very average. he scored some great goals. I think he just didn't look like he wanted to bother in the second division. I also think he went on to have a career playing at least one division above us after he left.
    Before he got into the overpaid footballers lifestyle he gave us a couple of good years - and I'll always remember his goal against Spurs. Admittedly since then he has done b****** all - he couldn't even fool Pardew to give him a contract.
  • Dizzle said:

colin1961 said:

We don't need a striker and a 34 year old one at that .....

Greenie said:

Dizzle said:

I bloody hope not......
    Hmm. When Makienok went off injured on Saturday, it appeared to be the biggest reason we lost the game, we might have otherwise won. We had no one up front to hold up the ball. Now if Kermy had been on the bench ?
    I'm Yann would be overjoyed at the thought of exchanging the Bournemouth bench for our bench. We don't even have those Recaro motor racing seats
  • Marvin Sordell has had his contract cancelled by Burnley...

Strangely, with JBG, Cousins and Watt and Mak in the team I'd have him back. Is that so very wrong?
  • Matt Jarvis on loan at Norwich for the season, I think it's definite that Bennett will be out on loan
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!