Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• colin1961 said:

Yes we've done good business this window, no one is questioning that but we've also lost Gomez, Bulot, Bikey, Ben Haim and Harriott. We are clearly in desperate need of at least a winger. We're already starting to suffer from a few injuries and haven't got the squad to cope. I agree with @J BLOCK , with one or two more additions and a bit of depth for the season we could be genuine playoff contenders.

But Igor is fit so is Watt and Simon will be ok for Rotherham we have cousins who can play at right back ...... we are pretty well covered
    And wingers? Cousins is wasted at right back and at left midfield. Igor isn't quite fit yet either.
  • 'Two deals for potential signings were still being worked on until less than an hour before the deadline, however no agreements could be reached in time'

so, they are still being worked on now then, still 80 minutes to go. If you are going to issue a statement at least get your times right.

@LargeAddick that was from last year haha
  • Woossssshhhh
  • it get's worse -

'The Addicks are one of just two sides in the Championship who remain unbeaten after the first five matches'

thought we'd lost at Wolves, didn't we?

The gift that keeps giving... ;)
  • I think the term is whhhhhhooooooooooosssssssshhhhhhhhh
  • Sponsored links:

• Facepalm moment
  • it get's worse -

'The Addicks are one of just two sides in the Championship who remain unbeaten after the first five matches'

thought we'd lost at Wolves, didn't we?

'Two deals for potential signings were still being worked on until less than an hour before the deadline, however no agreements could be reached in time'

so, they are still being worked on now then, still 80 minutes to go. If you are going to issue a statement at least get your times right.

User error! ;o)
  • Our permanent squad is fine, at most 1 or 2 players short. You don't sign another striker to cope with a short term situation with FOUR strikers injured.

The mistake last season was not to get any decent loan signings last autumn, that was when we needed additional bodies.

Last January's window was a damp squib, but we then signed Johnson, Eagles and Diarra, and went on a good run.

Not to moan but shouldn't we now be aiming to do more than just go on a good run towards the end of each season? Why should the playoffs not be a realistic target?
    What I mean is that today isn't the be all and end all. Even with all our injuries, we nearly beat Wolves and would then have been 2nd. There are plenty of opportunities to bring players in, and loan signings may be driven by injuries. If 2 CBs get injured, then we'll need cover there. If all our strikers are fit, we may one in midfield/on the wing.
  • Large has just emerged from his siesta.
  • edited September 2015
  • 'Two deals for potential signings were still being worked on until less than an hour before the deadline, however no agreements could be reached in time'

And the award for Whoooosh of the week goes to.
  • Our permanent squad is fine, at most 1 or 2 players short. You don't sign another striker to cope with a short term situation with FOUR strikers injured.

The mistake last season was not to get any decent loan signings last autumn, that was when we needed additional bodies.

Last January's window was a damp squib, but we then signed Johnson, Eagles and Diarra, and went on a good run.

Not to moan but shouldn't we now be aiming to do more than just go on a good run towards the end of each season? Why should the playoffs not be a realistic target?
    What I mean is that today isn't the be all and end all. Even with all our injuries, we nearly beat Wolves and would then have been 2nd. There are plenty of opportunities to bring players in, and loan signings may be driven by injuries. If 2 CBs get injured, then we'll need cover there. If all our strikers are fit, we may one in midfield/on the wing.
    colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Yes we've done good business this window, no one is questioning that but we've also lost Gomez, Bulot, Bikey, Ben Haim and Harriott. We are clearly in desperate need of at least a winger. We're already starting to suffer from a few injuries and haven't got the squad to cope. I agree with @J BLOCK , with one or two more additions and a bit of depth for the season we could be genuine playoff contenders.

But Igor is fit so is Watt and Simon will be ok for Rotherham we have cousins who can play at right back ...... we are pretty well covered
    And wingers? Cousins is wasted at right back and at left midfield. Igor isn't quite fit yet either.
    If Igor was not fit he would not be on international duty .....
    I just think there needs to be of a long-term plan at Charlton rather than short-term signings every season when it's too late. We nearly beat Wolves, but didn't. They're the type of games and results that are the difference. If Luzon had had more in to draw on from his squad could we have held on or got a draw?
  • Can someone tell Large that we've Sacked Signed Chris Powell.

• Sponsored links:

• Might sign Kerm in the loan window next week
  • Dizzle said:

Might sign Kerm in the loan window next week

I bloody hope not......
  • Can someone tell Large that we've sacked Chris Powell.

He probably should know that the club recently put a statue of Sam Bartram up behind the west stand as well.
  • colin1961 said:

Our permanent squad is fine, at most 1 or 2 players short. You don't sign another striker to cope with a short term situation with FOUR strikers injured.

colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

If Igor was not fit he would not be on international duty .....
    I just think there needs to be of a long-term plan at Charlton rather than short-term signings every season when it's too late. We nearly beat Wolves, but didn't. They're the type of games and results that are the difference. If Luzon had had more in to draw on from his squad could we have held on or got a draw?
    We beat QPR and Hull drew with Derby and Notts Forest , these are the type of games everyone through we would struggle but we have not .......
    It's a fair point, but we did it with a near enough fully fit squad. Could we beat those teams with Watt, Gudmundsson and Cousins?
  • If the clubs of the players we wanted were asking silly money I'm glad we pulled back.

Yes we need a couple in but there will be a lot of premier players available for loan over the next few weeks and not all of them inexperienced.

We would be mad not to utilise that resource and hopefully keep some cash in hand for January.

Someone says that every year when we don't sign anyone.

And it never happens.
  • Can someone tell Large that we've sacked Chris Powell.

He probably should know that the club recently put a statue of Sam Bartram up behind the west stand as well.
    I wonder how well get on in the 1947 cup final, anyone got a spare..........
  • If the clubs of the players we wanted were asking silly money I'm glad we pulled back.

Yes we need a couple in but there will be a lot of premier players available for loan over the next few weeks and not all of them inexperienced.

We would be mad not to utilise that resource and hopefully keep some cash in hand for January.

If we get in a player as good as Coquelin then I'm in favour.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!