Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• mart77 said:

Really hope poster on ITTV, who says Villa and Spurs are in for Cousins and Johan, is wrong. Would be huge blow to lose either regardless of who we might get on loan as part of deal.

Considering they both just signed long term deals, it would have to be a big offer to get us to accept imo
    Unless it was ridiculous we shouldn't even consider it. Both are crucial to us and as a fan I want to see the best players possible on the pitch and care a lot less about how much we can lodge in the bank.
  • mart77 said:

Really hope poster on ITTV, who says Villa and Spurs are in for Cousins and Johan, is wrong. Would be huge blow to lose either regardless of who we might get on loan as part of deal.

Considering they both just signed long term deals, it would have to be a big offer to get us to accept imo
    That's precisely why we got them on long-term deals, so we can make big money on any sale.
    However, we would have to be extremely short-sighted and reckless to sell at this hour imo
  • Sho-Silva has joined Inverness on loan until the start of January.

Step up in class for him, hope it goes well
  • mart77 said:

That's precisely why we got them on long-term deals, so we can make big money on any sale.
    However, we would have to be extremely short-sighted and reckless to sell at this hour imo
    Agreed. Whatever they are worth now they will be worth more in January or at the end of the season.
  • I must be honest and say that I have never quite understood why clubs leave it to the very last minute.
  • I thought Brighton were favourites to sign Jodi Jones now?!?
  • Marvin Sordell has had his contract cancelled by Burnley...
  • @Danieldavy34: Just been told that James Henry is preparing for his medical before a move to #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• James Henry is the new Andy Delort.
  • Hearing nothing imminent at #swfc BUT that can change

— Leo Fortune West (@Agent_Leo11) September 1, 2015

Reunited with SCP at Huddersfield?

i was thinking that. Didn't do very well under SCP.

Doubt it I have heard a from a couple of different people Marvin was not SCP biggest fan.

Thought he played much better under Riga than Powell, so not sure Sordell would be happy with that.
  • sammy391 said:

@Danieldavy34: Just been told that James Henry is preparing for his medical before a move to #cafc

Apparently one of his mates is friends with Henry's agent. We'll see. He seems to think a deal will be done by 17:30
  • seth plum said:

Am I the only one who has always disliked deadline day? In fact I now hate it, ever since Richard Scudamore said on that wireless programme with Katrien that it is the best and most exciting and most avidly followed day of the season. His logic was football is all about the players, and who plays where for whom. Katrien said that for fans it's about the competition.
    We are being manipulated by the media and players agents, to gasp and gawp at a day like today, when obscene money is chucked hither and thither, even the good old BBC is having a Football Focus special today

Katrien is right, Scudamore is wrong.

Scudamore represents a company that is becoming increasingly like the NFL company in the USA. It's the best and most exciting day for his company, better than mere match days, because this is the day above all others where the focus is on money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wolves winger Rajiv van La Parra's proposed move to Leeds United is off. #wwfc #lufc #DeadlineDay

Because Henry is on his way here perhaps ...
  • Deadline day damp squib ???
    Again

Doubt it I have heard a from a couple of different people Marvin was not SCP biggest fan.
    Is he mad ?
  • PL54 said:

Marvin Sordell has had his contract cancelled by Burnley...

Is he mad ?
    Believe me not the only player that was not SCP biggest fan, feeling always mutual though!
  • So was S in SCP for sour or sir ?
  • I really want us to land Henry now even though I know next to nothing about him!
  • edited September 2015
    colin1961 said:

markmc68 said:

Deadline day damp squib ???
    Again

We have had a very busy transfer window just because as yet we not got anyone don't mean it's not been a very good window
    Pourquoi?
  • No transfers expected at #cafc before window closes. Powder will be kept dry for when loans become an option again.

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) September 1, 2015
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!